Performance ratings

FindernRam

Looking at @mozza excellent charts whilst listening to some drivel on Radio Derby a thought occurred!?

The team performance ratings we vote for after each game are split by those who went, listened etc.

I'd love to know how the ratings vary between live attenders and RD listeners. (A rhetorical question before @mozza has heart failure).

I don't do away games, but always listen if I'm able to and generally have a poor impression of the game, based on the frequency of the word poor used by Ed Dawes, "poor pass", "poor decision" etc. Post match comments on here are often slightly more positive.

Is this because:

RD is rubbish?

Away travelling fans are generally a more positive bunch?

Away fans need to self justify the time and expense so kid themselves it was worth the trip?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Looking at @mozza excellent charts whilst listening to some drivel on Radio Derby a thought occurred!?

The team performance ratings we vote for after each game are split by those who went, listened etc.

I'd love to know how the ratings vary between live attenders and RD listeners. (A rhetorical question before @mozza has heart failure).

I don't do away games, but always listen if I'm able to and generally have a poor impression of the game, based on the frequency of the word poor used by Ed Dawes, "poor pass", "poor decision" etc. Post match comments on here are often slightly more positive.

Is this because:

RD is rubbish?

Away fans need to self justify the time and expense so kid themselves it was worth the trip?

You got it right first try, gold star for you. 

6 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

RD is rubbish?

Absolutely to your first point.

A bit of both to your second two, but you equally get those that feel they've paid their money so can be just as overly negative.

I hate RD so much that before RamsTV I basically only ever followed Derby matches live via online updates unless they were on national TV.

I remember feeling like every single win was a smash and grab no matter the scoreline (with the exception of 4+ goal margins) because the commentary had been so negative. 

I had nothing to do at 6pm Monday night and then a thought came to me that I could listen to the moan in. Thankfully i quickly remembered how bad RD are so i did something a lot more interesting. I spoke to my next door neighbour for an hour. He's 94, deaf, doesnt understand a word I'm saying and stinks of tiddle but i came away much more invigorated than I would have done listening to that shower of poo. 

9 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

I had nothing to do at 6pm Monday night and then a thought came to me that I could listen to the moan in. Thankfully i quickly remembered how bad RD are so i did something a lot more interesting. I spoke to my next door neighbour for an hour. He's 94, deaf, doesnt understand a word I'm saying and stinks of tiddle but i came away much more invigorated than I would have done listening to that shower of poo. 

All this talk of tiddle and poo!  Sounds like you live on the same estate as me? 

1 hour ago, CHCDerby said:

Your not a fan then?

3 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Is this because:

RD is rubbish?

I’m sorry but I don’t think you can rate the performance if you haven’t watched the game. That’s the one thing that irks me about @mozza‘s excellent work.

29 minutes ago, UTFR said:

Ed Bores is a teenage girl in a mans body.

Unfair to teenage girls! 

Some of the posters on here would be a more apt analogy and I suspect many of them are neither pubescent or female!! ?

16 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I’m sorry but I don’t think you can rate the performance if you haven’t watched the game. That’s the one thing that irks me about @mozza‘s excellent work.

Rams TV is really good and gives lots of angles but it can never give the full impression of effort,  running off the ball and general shape.

However, I like that everyone can take part, whether their experience is first or second hand. They still have a take on the game.

To answer @FindernRam - I  go to most matches and do think I'm a bit of a happy clapper but have seen some really poor performances this season and have marked them accordingly.  And I don't think I have given a 10 yet! 

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

Rams TV is really good and gives lots of angles but it can never give the full impression of effort,  running off the ball and general shape.

However, I like that everyone can take part, whether their experience is first or second hand. They still have a take on the game.

To answer @FindernRam - I  go to most matches and do think I'm a bit of a happy clapper but have seen some really poor performances this season and have marked them accordingly.  And I don't think I have given a 10 yet! 

RamsTV is fine! I’m talking about rating the performance when you’ve listened on Radio Derby or kept updated on Twitter. I don’t think it gives an accurate reflection when you’re going off two somewhat biased commentators’ interpretations of the game.

18 minutes ago, angieram said:

To answer @FindernRam - I  go to most matches and do think I'm a bit of a happy clapper but have seen some really poor performances this season and have marked them accordingly.  And I don't think I have given a 10 yet !

I heard Craig Revel Horwood was a Rams fan.

Ramstv keeps freezing about every 15 minutes. I missed the first 15 minutes due to technical issues not associated with Ramstv, but it then froze on 37 minutes, 46 minutes, and couple more times in the second half plus 88 minutes. Still preferrable than listening to ed dawes.

Sometimes listen live during home games and usually have to turn him off after about 5 seconds.

i hate his voice. His attitude. His moaning about keogh or the referee or both, and his ridiculous attempt to create a catchphrase.....

........ And that is TTTTIIIIIMMMMMEEEEE 

13 hours ago, RamNut said:

Ramstv keeps freezing about every 15 minutes. I missed the first 15 minutes due to technical issues not associated with Ramstv, but it then froze on 37 minutes, 46 minutes, and couple more times in the second half plus 88 minutes. Still preferrable than listening to ed dawes.

Sometimes listen live during home games and usually have to turn him off after about 5 seconds.

i hate his voice. His attitude. His moaning about keogh or the referee or both, and his ridiculous attempt to create a catchphrase.....

........ And that is TTTTIIIIIMMMMMEEEEE 

Ed sends his love!

Archived