Sonic The Hedgehog Movie

David

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never played Sonic games. Don't really know anything about him, other than he collects rings. Lots of rings in the trailer, I wonder if he'll be collecting rings throughout the whole movie. Probably not. Think there was an animated show somewhat recently? So there's probably a community of people who care about the Sonic "universe".

Movie looks like the sort I will not go and see. But I look forward to half-watching it on TV in about a decade when nothing else is on, like I do with most children's movies, half-baked comedies, and Fast & Furious-like action movies.

Good to see Jim Carrey's still kicking though.

47 minutes ago, maxjam said:

About 20 years to late.  Unless never was an option, then I'd go with never.  Although I suppose if they can do a pikachu movie...

Thought this would be right up your street!

Agreed though, those that were around for the Sonic era are probably way past this like Spiderman and that ? (now thats a little gentle trolling!), I remember getting dragged to the cinema for the last Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film, now I loved them as a kid but as a 30 year old man I walked out half way through and sat in the bar supping overpriced lager. 

It's not like they have released any popular games since the Mega Drive so not sure who their target audience for this is.

Jim Carrey is always worth a laugh but not sure I can. 

Surprised someone hasn't been able to come up with a quick and easy storyline for a Fortnite or Minecraft movie, now that would be horrendous but would sell.

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

About 20 years to late.  Unless never was an option, then I'd go with never.  Although I suppose if they can do a pikachu movie...

Or even better, combine the two and make a Sonichu movie.

I honestly can't wait for the original content this film will inspire. The Sonic fandom is easily one of my favorite things on the internet.

This looks absolutely awful. Was a big Sonic fan growing up but there's practically nothing right about this - from Dr. Robotnik being thin, to Sonic himself looking terrible and more.

I saw this on twitter; it goes a long way to explain why, out-of-context, the movie Sonic looks so awful. Literally looks like a child wearing over-the-top pyjamas.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I saw this on twitter; it goes a long way to explain why, out-of-context, the movie Sonic looks so awful. Literally looks like a child wearing over-the-top pyjamas.

The Marketer in me says it's so they can sell more kid's costumes/selfie merchandise because the kids can visualise actually looking like him.

The second version looks much better.

By coincidence (and with no idea there was a film coming out), I bought Sonic 2 game for my iPhone last weekend, to re-create those late student nights on the Megadrive. Happy days.

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Other reason is the fact he's wearing Nike trainers... clear product placement.

Sonic should have massive oversized shoes.

image.png.c580dcceaf1df8e6ef95a7f6a0f526d7.png

10 minutes ago, Srg said:

Other reason is the fact he's wearing Nike trainers... clear product placement.

Sonic should have massive oversized shoes.

image.png.c580dcceaf1df8e6ef95a7f6a0f526d7.png

Yeah the rework the guy bigged his hands and feet up slightly, not by enough but its better.

It's really weird to me that they've used what's probably really expensive CGI to create a character they really could have created with a person in a costume.

Archived