Jamie McGuinness - Rushden & Diamonds

Day

TWO triallists will play for Derby County Reserves against Burton Albion Reserves at the Impact Arena, Alfreton, tonight (7pm).

Derby, who will claim the totesport.com League Central Division title if they win tonight, will take another look at 18-year-old forward Adam Pepper and run the rule over 19-year-old Jamie McGuinness.

Pepper, who is set to be released by Liverpool, played and scored for the Rams' second string in the defeat by West Bromwich Albion at the Hawthorns last week. McGuinness, a right-sided midfielder, has made five appearances for Rushden & Diamonds and has been on loan at Weymouth.

Stephen Pearson will start for the Reserves after completing a two-match ban for the red card he received in the home defeat by Ipswich Town. Goalkeeper Ross Atkins is back from his loan spell at Kidderminster Harriers and plays tonight.

Derby's team to face Burton is: Atkins; McGuinness, Mendy, Moxey, Dudley; Croft, Pearson, Pringle, Teale; Mills Pepper.

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/football/Triallists-chance-Rams-Reserves/article-2046956-detail/article.html

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

isnt this the same development squad that has won/nearly won the reserve league this season (i know the last game was tonight, i cant be arsed to look for the score) non to shabby if you ask me, cant see why they havnt played first team footy though

Archived