Neymar

Andicis

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no idea why Barcelona seem to be so intent on resigning him.  We all know he is extremely talented, but he is injury prone, unprofessional, often disruptive and he is not young anymore.  What are they thinking?  I wouldn't go near him if I were in charge of a major club.

Mbappe on the other hand, I think anyone would smash the world record transfer fee to have him at their club, if they could manage it. 

Is he even THAT good? 

He came along when Brazil needed a hero. When they were losing their identity of reckless attacking full of flair paying off. Along pops a good looking young man who has more tricks than one of those freestyle "footballers" who don't actually play football. 

Like, I know he's good. But I'm sure part of his impact is myth. Is he as good as Arjen Robben was? Is he as good as Pires was? Genuine question. 

I've seen him throw in a trick to make a simple pass and then everyone gets excited by it. I've seen amazing clips of him skipping through players only to end up back where he started with no options but a lay off that could have been done in the first place. 

Beckham obviously became a bigger name and brand than his football ability earned. 

I think again Neymar is a player, like Pogba, who's image is worth more than their ability. 

Another player benefiting from their country desperately needing a hero after a depressing spell. 

He's not a patch on Ronaldo or Messi. Doesn't deserve to share a stage with them. He's a pampered twit and a pathetic role model to too many kids. Cheat. 

5 hours ago, Alpha said:

Is he even THAT good? 

He came along when Brazil needed a hero. When they were losing their identity of reckless attacking full of flair paying off. Along pops a good looking young man who has more tricks than one of those freestyle "footballers" who don't actually play football. 

Like, I know he's good. But I'm sure part of his impact is myth. Is he as good as Arjen Robben was? Is he as good as Pires was? Genuine question. 

I've seen him throw in a trick to make a simple pass and then everyone gets excited by it. I've seen amazing clips of him skipping through players only to end up back where he started with no options but a lay off that could have been done in the first place. 

Beckham obviously became a bigger name and brand than his football ability earned. 

I think again Neymar is a player, like Pogba, who's image is worth more than their ability. 

Another player benefiting from their country desperately needing a hero after a depressing spell. 

He's not a patch on Ronaldo or Messi. Doesn't deserve to share a stage with them. He's a pampered twit and a pathetic role model to too many kids. Cheat. 

My personal opinion is yes, yes he is that good which it’s why it’s so frustrating seeing his latter years wasted. I’m a huge fan of both pires and robben but Neymar was quite comfortably better than both, talent wise and his productivity on the field. He scored 40+ goals in a year in a Brazilian league that is tough to score in , on two separate occasions as a teenager. Neymar is brazil’s third highest ever scorer which is really good considering their truly great strikers over their history and Neymar isn’t even a striker, he will probably end up  breaking Pele’s Record.

Also he’s the only ever player to score in both legs of the champions league quarter finals, both legs of the semi finals and then the final and was their stand out player in the champions league in Barcelona’s treble winning campaign, being even better than Suarez and Messi in that champions league campaign.  His problem is like you say mentioned though, people expected him to be Messi - Ronaldo level which in reality , he was never going to reach, especially when he willingly played second fiddle to Messi at Barcelona. Messi and Ronaldo are freaks consistency wise. Neymar’s problem is like his Brazilian predecessors , Ronaldinho and Brazilian Ronaldo and Brazilian players in general , is he is a big party animal and isn’t as dedicated on the pitch.

47 minutes ago, McLovin said:

My personal opinion is yes, yes he is that good which it’s why it’s so frustrating seeing his latter years wasted. I’m a huge fan of both pires and robben but Neymar was quite comfortably better than both, talent wise and his productivity on the field. He scored 40+ goals in a year in a Brazilian league that is tough to score in , on two separate occasions as a teenager. Neymar is brazil’s third highest ever scorer which is really good considering their truly great strikers over their history and Neymar isn’t even a striker, he will probably end up  breaking Pele’s Record.

Also he’s the only ever player to score in both legs of the champions league quarter finals, both legs of the semi finals and then the final and was their stand out player in the champions league in Barcelona’s treble winning campaign, being even better than Suarez and Messi in that champions league campaign.  His problem is like you say mentioned though, people expected him to be Messi - Ronaldo level which in reality , he was never going to reach, especially when he willingly played second fiddle to Messi at Barcelona. Messi and Ronaldo are freaks consistency wise. Neymar’s problem is like his Brazilian predecessors , Ronaldinho and Brazilian Ronaldo and Brazilian players in general , is he is a big party animal and isn’t as dedicated on the pitch.

I don't really watch too much of him. I've never watched a French league game in my life tbh.

Brazil when I was a kid were different to what they are now. A player like Neymar wouldn't have been so unique in their team so the fact I don't like the guy makes me wonder if he is THAT good or if Brazil just finally have a throwback to the days they played recklessly. Their style is now quite European isn't it?

Maybe he is. I watch him like a cynic. Ready for his next dive or nip tuck and roll. Watch him do the not looking pass or the stepover that is totally pointless other than for YouTube clips. I struggle to give him credit for anything good he does just because he's a cheating, diving, cocky little Bamford with one eye on the big screen to see if looks good. 

The poster boy image that Ronaldo has doesn't bother me so much. I don't like him but you just sense that here is a guy who would train harder and harder and adapt his game and do whatever it takes to be the best. With Neymar he just comes across as a pampered Bamford thrust onto the Brazil flag 

One day he'll be just a great player amongst many. His name blended in amongst national champions like Zidane, Figo, Pirlo, Xavi, Iniesta, Owen, Beckham, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Rivaldo, Cafu, Carlos, Henry, Totti, Del Pierro, Zanetti, Raul etc etc. And I hope it's tarnished by how pathetic he often is when he's not kicking the ball. 

Hope it hangs over him like a Cantona kick. 

Messi and Ronaldo will be named alongside Pele. And I hope it hurts him to watch it. 

The big diva. 

I know people might moan I just mentioned Owen and Beckham amongst that lot but Owen and Beckham played for the biggest clubs in the world and were the pride of a nation. 

Like Neymar really. But less trendy. And less of a twit. 

I don't like him by the way. He has eased my anger at a certain Chelsea forward who I think has conned a living as a high level player when he has similar ability to a young Rob Hulse. 

With his dyed beard and man make up. If anyone knew where Andy Carroll went then this target man would be a sub in a Tony Pulis side

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

I don't like him by the way. He has eased my anger at a certain Chelsea forward who I think has conned a living as a high level player when he has similar ability to a young Rob Hulse. 

With his dyed beard and man make up. If anyone knew where Andy Carroll went then this target man would be a sub in a Tony Pulis side

Very controversial that. I know some who regard Giroud as being hugely underrated. I don’t watch much football outside of Derby though (although I still follow it intently) so I can’t pass on my judgement.

Non-event.

should spectators be that close? Seems strange that we have these collapsable tunnels for when the players enter and exit the pitch, (which is a sad testimony to the risk of spectators throwing objects) yet when they go up to collect medals, they have to struggle past all sorts of people who are close enough to stab a player if they felt so inclined.

8 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Very controversial that. I know some who regard Giroud as being hugely underrated. I don’t watch much football outside of Derby though (although I still follow it intently) so I can’t pass on my judgement.

I'm not saying he's awful. I think he's up there with Glenn Murray on the world stage. 

Neymar is a funny one really, as someone who has watched pretty much every Barcelona game since a young lad, he is thought of very well, most of the fans love him apart from the ones who think he let them down by moving to Paris, He has given some amazing performances, PSG 6-1 and his first el classico at the nou camp come to mind, however he can be petulant and also very selfish, he wants to be the main man and that was one reason he left along with a supposed bust up with Josep, however on his day I still think he is up there with messi ronaldo hazard and gary teale if he goes back I would be very surprised but im sure my family in Tarragona would be very happy as would I.

On 04/08/2019 at 21:01, Alpha said:

europa league cfc GIF by Chelsea FC

29 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Here he is, celebrating one of Hazard's goals. 

He is 3rd in the all time goal scorers for France, the 2 above him are Platini and Henry (both pretty decent footballers in my book). Only 6 goals behind Platini so chances are he'll finish at least second

I watch every France game and I agree I don't think he's very good either but the numbers don't lie, he scores a few!

He misses a few as well...

As for Neymar he went to Paris because he knew that with Messi he wouldn't get the glory and the ballon d'or. At Q$G unfortunately the boy Mbappe is not to shabby either so I don't think he likes that either

2 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

He is 3rd in the all time goal scorers for France, the 2 above him are Platini and Henry (both pretty decent footballers in my book). Only 6 goals behind Platini so chances are he'll finish at least second

I watch every France game and I agree I don't think he's very good either but the numbers don't lie, he scores a few!

He misses a few as well...

As for Neymar he went to Paris because he knew that with Messi he wouldn't get the glory and the ballon d'or. At Q$G unfortunately the boy Mbappe is not to shabby either so I don't think he likes that either

3rd? Third!!? 

Who's 4th? Jeremy Aliadiere?

3 hours ago, rynny said:

europa league cfc GIF by Chelsea FC

How can he denigrate the ability of the second sexiest man in football? 

35 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Montpellier doesn't even exist on my phones autocorrect. 

I nearly went to Montpellier yesterday but chose Bordeaux instead. I would have had some choice words.

Archived