The Colours of The Rams: The shirt colours of Derby County Football Club

loweman2

27 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Well @Boycie I’m sure you are trying to get a rise out of me but you will be pleased to know that we have just displaced that curly headed mop keegan and slipped into the number two position !

have you ordered yours yet ? I will have to look if your ip has logged into amazon and check ! ?

C1CC8B81-C02E-4645-9868-A8C074AC1593.jpeg

@David promised me one if I’m a very good boy! ?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Boycie said:

@David promised me one if I’m a very good boy! ?

That's like when I go shopping with the kids, I promise they will get some sweets if they are good. Works for a while but they still end up being naughty, and don't get any. 

7 minutes ago, rynny said:

That's like when I go shopping with the kids, I promise they will get some sweets if they are good. Works for a while but they still end up being naughty, and don't get any. 

Oh pleeeeeeease!

BuckTaylor64
On 27/04/2019 at 21:03, loweman2 said:

Here it is guys.

I’m sure that I have bored enough of you with my posting of Derby county shirts over the years, twenty years I have been collecting them, I have got around 270 now, the initial intention was to collect every Derby shirt since I born the fourth day into the new decade of the 1970s it was all about to get busy.
Two first division championships, a European cup semi final, a charity shield win, fa cup semi finals, Clough and Taylor, the doc, Arthur cox, the bald eagle and now Frank at the wheel, relegations, nearly going bankrupt! Owners Maxwell, Pickering the three amigos, local boys done good in Sam and Mel, Todd, McFarland, Hector, Davison, Mcminn, Davies, fly British midland, le Coq, Umbro ,Patrick they are all in there,

the origin of the badge, the redesign of it, the first kit, the first team.

I joined up with the official club historian Andy Ellis and Jason Shardlow who has a fantastic knowledge of the history of football kits and I think we have come up with something quite unique and a first for the Derby County fans out there !

Some of it you know some of it will be new to you, the full documented and researched history of the Derby County Football shirt !

it was the fantastic feedback from you fellow forum members that planted the seed of this idea so let’s see where it goes !

up the Rams !??

order it here !

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1727616618/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=The+colours+of+the+rams&qid=1556395100&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Fantastic Phil! I'm looking forward to seeing this book.

10 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Mates rates?

Lol ?! No can do ! 

Mrs Loweman2 is making me give her all of the money as a punishment for her having to live with all of the “stupid” shirts and for all of the money that I have spent on them over the past twenty years !

she says that I am lucky to still have a roof over my head as most wives wouldn’t put up with it !

4 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Lol ?! No can do ! 

Mrs Loweman2 is making me give her all of the money as a punishment for her having to live with all of the “stupid” shirts and for all of the money that I have spent on them over the past twenty years !

she says that I am lucky to still have a roof over my head as most wives wouldn’t put up with it !

She’s got a point ?

26 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Its good that the collection is coming to use, and hopefully one day your museum dream will come true for PP also.

But, my OCD is in overdrive with that front cover! ?

Yes I have just noticed that, will get that sorted ! Crazy thing is that I haven’t got a copy yet ! ??

On 28/04/2019 at 19:05, loweman2 said:

we have just displaced that curly headed mop keegan and slipped into the number two position !

This sentence just sounds soooooo wrong.

Your book is wonderful but I've thrown away so many shirts over the year I could scream. To think that some kid in Kenya is now walking around in my centenary kit brings a tear to my eye.

15 hours ago, Boycie said:

Its good that the collection is coming to use, and hopefully one day your museum dream will come true for PP also.

But, my OCD is in overdrive with that front cover! ?

I'm sitting here looking at the front cover but apart from a bit of creasing around the v-neck, I can't see owt wrong wi' it.

28 minutes ago, Grimbeard said:

I'm sitting here looking at the front cover but apart from a bit of creasing around the v-neck, I can't see owt wrong wi' it.

The shirt isn’t sat in the middle properly and the text at the bottom isn’t central ! Buggers !

will be put right overnight !

2 hours ago, SKRam said:

Think you’ve got all these loweman2?

14F71516-0DE4-452E-B3AD-F1F66C1173E5.jpeg

Yep I have but good to see them ! Always good to see the 80s shirts, they all still look brand new ! Not many of the bpcc ones around still so look after it ! Will make you a few quid when the time comes ! Also the blue and burgundy pumas ! ??

46 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Yep I have but good to see them ! Always good to see the 80s shirts, they all still look brand new ! Not many of the bpcc ones around still so look after it ! Will make you a few quid when the time comes ! Also the blue and burgundy pumas ! ??

Wore the burgundy puma when I was decorating last house ? One of my favourites too! 

Got the Croatia red and white cheque, do you collect international, as a link to ex players? 

BuckTaylor64
2 hours ago, loweman2 said:

What value would you put on a sportsweek shirt?

7 hours ago, SKRam said:

Wore the burgundy puma when I was decorating last house ? One of my favourites too! 

Got the Croatia red and white cheque, do you collect international, as a link to ex players? 

Yes I have a few, still need to get the Croatian one, I have been buying a few ex club shirts from ex players, ravenelli juventus, Baiano Fiorentina, Idiakez Real Sociedad etc ! This lead on to me buying Italian and Spanish centenary shirts like inter Milan, Atlético Madrid, Barcelona, Ac Milan, Real Madrid, juventus to name a few, at this point Mrs Loweman2 served me with an ultimatum! ???

Archived