The Colours of The Rams: The shirt colours of Derby County Football Club

loweman2

Here it is guys.

I’m sure that I have bored enough of you with my posting of Derby county shirts over the years, twenty years I have been collecting them, I have got around 270 now, the initial intention was to collect every Derby shirt since I born the fourth day into the new decade of the 1970s it was all about to get busy.
Two first division championships, a European cup semi final, a charity shield win, fa cup semi finals, Clough and Taylor, the doc, Arthur cox, the bald eagle and now Frank at the wheel, relegations, nearly going bankrupt! Owners Maxwell, Pickering the three amigos, local boys done good in Sam and Mel, Todd, McFarland, Hector, Davison, Mcminn, Davies, fly British midland, le Coq, Umbro ,Patrick they are all in there,

the origin of the badge, the redesign of it, the first kit, the first team.

I joined up with the official club historian Andy Ellis and Jason Shardlow who has a fantastic knowledge of the history of football kits and I think we have come up with something quite unique and a first for the Derby County fans out there !

Some of it you know some of it will be new to you, the full documented and researched history of the Derby County Football shirt !

it was the fantastic feedback from you fellow forum members that planted the seed of this idea so let’s see where it goes !

up the Rams !??

order it here !

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1727616618/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=The+colours+of+the+rams&qid=1556395100&s=gateway&sr=8-1

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bookmarked the Amazon page. Got a birthday in June (same day as Frank’s would you believe ?) also Fathers Day. 

Will be bringing the aforementioned saved page to my boys attention nearer the time. 

*This would make an ideal Father’s Day present for all DCFC  fans who happen to be dads.

2 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Bookmarked the Amazon page. Got a birthday in June (same day as Frank’s would you believe ?) also Fathers Day. 

Will be bringing the aforementioned saved page to my boys attention nearer the time. 

*This would make an ideal Father’s Day present for all DCFC  fans who happen to be dads.

Good man @Pearl Ram ! I think that we have come up with something interesting !

I had the same idea as @loweman2 to collect Derby County shirts from the day I was born also, but I gave up several years ago and got nowhere near as dedicated to the idea as @loweman2. Do you have any duplicates?

I also have a large collection of The Wedding Present band t-shirts, long sleeves, polo shirts, football shirts, sweatshirts, hoody tops , but failed miserably to buy their cycling shirts, so if anyone has any one of these two tops and would like to sell,  please PM.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

13 hours ago, loweman2 said:

Here it is guys.

I’m sure that I have bored enough of you with my posting of Derby county shirts over the years, twenty years I have been collecting them, I have got around 270 now, the initial intention was to collect every Derby shirt since I born the fourth day into the new decade of the 1970s it was all about to get busy.
Two first division championships, a European cup semi final, a charity shield win, fa cup semi finals, Clough and Taylor, the doc, Arthur cox, the bald eagle and now Frank at the wheel, relegations, nearly going bankrupt! Owners Maxwell, Pickering the three amigos, local boys done good in Sam and Mel, Todd, McFarland, Hector, Davison, Mcminn, Davies, fly British midland, le Coq, Umbro ,Patrick they are all in there,

the origin of the badge, the redesign of it, the first kit, the first team.

I joined up with the official club historian Andy Ellis and Jason Shardlow who has a fantastic knowledge of the history of football kits and I think we have come up with something quite unique and a first for the Derby County fans out there !

Some of it you know some of it will be new to you, the full documented and researched history of the Derby County Football shirt !

it was the fantastic feedback from you fellow forum members that planted the seed of this idea so let’s see where it goes !

up the Rams !??

order it here !

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1727616618/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=The+colours+of+the+rams&qid=1556395100&s=gateway&sr=8-1

A must for my collection @loweman2. Congratulations on what I’m sure is brilliantly authoritative and accurate.  

37 minutes ago, GuiseleyRam said:

Have ordered the book, looking forward to reading it! 

37 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

A must for my collection @loweman2. Congratulations on what I’m sure is brilliantly authoritative and accurate.  

Cheers guys, it is a bit different from the norm, three likeminded individuals putting there separate inputs into one collective, end result is a very informative piece.

48 minutes ago, Boycie said:

What position is it now?

Well @Boycie I’m sure you are trying to get a rise out of me but you will be pleased to know that we have just displaced that curly headed mop keegan and slipped into the number two position !

have you ordered yours yet ? I will have to look if your ip has logged into amazon and check ! ?

C1CC8B81-C02E-4645-9868-A8C074AC1593.jpeg

Archived