DET - Click Bait Hunting Wonkers

Sheikh n Bake

Does anyone else get really annoyed with the articles in the DET? Most of their articles online are along the lines of "X Person had this to say about Y." You then have to scroll down to read its utter poo. 

I used to like the DET as it was a quick and easy way to see what was going on with the club. But recently, it seems to be run by click hunting wonkers. Does anyone have a good alternative? Apart from this forum of course!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

Does anyone else get really annoyed with the articles in the DET? Most of their articles online are along the lines of "X Person had this to say about Y." You then have to scroll down to read its utter poo. 

I used to like the DET as it was a quick and easy way to see what was going on with the club. But recently, it seems to be run by click hunting wonkers. Does anyone have a good alternative? Apart from this forum of course!

https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Championship/Derby+County

All the click bait sites still come up but it's easy to ignore them

1 hour ago, Nick_Ram said:

As so few people actually pay for their local news, I'm afraid this is going to be the way it is now. It's not that time consuming when you think about it, but its the feeling that you have been conned into it that makes you feel cheated.

The standard of the DET went off a cliff long ago, much like a whole host of other local publications as they push to digital to maximise ad revenues.

The website is basically unredable as it takes ages to load the 54 ads they run on every page and the content you see when you are finally allowed to look at it is some guff they have copy/pasted from twitter.

I wont be using their website any time soon that's for sure. I am fine with companies running ads on their website, but they massively take the piss and the content isn't even remotely engaging enough to bother with.

Unfollowed them on all platforms a year or so ago. They turned into a bit of a farce, clickbait titles linking to articles littered with pop-up ads. The articles will be 2 or 3 lines of really simple general context followed by the full quotes in context (which they had used out-of-context to create the title). 

I also got sick of Nicholson's Everton doom mongering, and i thought our fans moan too much ?.

36 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Unfollowed them on all platforms a year or so ago. They turned into a bit of a farce, clickbait titles linking to articles littered with pop-up ads. The articles will be 2 or 3 lines of really simple general context followed by the full quotes in context (which they had used out-of-context to create the title). 

I also got sick of Nicholson's Everton doom mongering, and i thought our fans moan too much ?.

Apart from that, great then?

It's heartbreaking to see a good old-school sports journalist like Steve Nicholson having to partake in the clickbait nonsense

You can tell he really hates it too, but what can he do?

We get ads here but it doesn't make the site unreadable - that's the main thing. I mean - who clicks on a sports news article but then decides to follow the ads instead anyway??

"I wanted to know who that player I'd never guess might be a target for Derby in the next transfer window might be, but actually sod that - i've been overcome with the desire to buy some new tyres for my car"

3 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The standard of the DET went off a cliff long ago, much like a whole host of other local publications as they push to digital to maximise ad revenues.

The website is basically unredable as it takes ages to load the 54 ads they run on every page and the content you see when you are finally allowed to look at it is some guff they have copy/pasted from twitter.

I wont be using their website any time soon that's for sure. I am fine with companies running ads on their website, but they massively take the piss and the content isn't even remotely engaging enough to bother with.

I still buy the paper but avoid the web page. It’s a joke the number of ads and pop ups. You can’t see the wood for the trees. I agree the loading up is painful, it’s like dial up internet and waiting for a picture to load line by line ??. I’d much rather they said sorry you aren’t subscribed. Please pay x for a 24 hour or 7 day pass pass. Micro payments must be possible 

35 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Bring back the Green'un!

Christ - I bet there are people on here who literally have no idea what that is...

I remember being at my gran and grandads on a Saturday. The pink un ( as it was in the northwest ) would arrive and gran (who was very particular, she was always baking  cakes and wiping things down with Detol ? ) would give it to granddad with a clean tea towel so he didn’t get news print on his trousers and the arm chair ?

8 hours ago, Nick_Ram said:

Nottingham evening post

they've got a big fat lad who knows whats going on with us.

Archived