Google

Comrade 86

Anyone else getting any weird issues with Google this morning. .com and .co.uk would not load initially until clearing cache etc, then only once before hanging again. Tried to uninstall and re-install Chrome but won't having uninstalled it, it now won't re-install properly. No issues with other sites or browsers. Weird! 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, David said:

When you say it won’t reinstall properly, what errors are you seeing?

It was hanging David - it'd try to connect to the internet to complete the installation and freeze. Solved it now. Downloaded an offline installer and it worked 1st time. Don't know why I didn't think of it sooner - 3 hours of my life I'll never get back!

4 minutes ago, 86 points said:

It was hanging David - it'd try to connect to the internet to complete the installation and freeze. Solved it now. Downloaded an offline installer and it worked 1st time. Don't know why I didn't think of it sooner - 3 hours of my life I'll never get back!

Chrome used to be great when it first came out, super lightweight and fast, now it’s a resource hog that can throw tantrums like this.

Sad thing is, it’s still the best one to use on Windows!

5 minutes ago, David said:

Chrome used to be great when it first came out, super lightweight and fast, now it’s a resource hog that can throw tantrums like this.

Sad thing is, it’s still the best one to use on Windows!

Tell me about it. Whilst trying to solve the issue I was trying to carry on working on bits and bobs using Microsoft Edge which is the default for WIN10. Utter garbage. IE is a pig too. How hard can it be? 

Archived