Rams player makes [a] Team of the Season

Carl Sagan

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It surprises me that more isn't made of Bogle's ability compared with Max Aarons, if I'm honest. I rate Aarons highly, and he deserves the praise he gets, but I don't understand why he gets it to such a disproportionate degree compared to Bogle (i.e. in EFL team of the year, PFA team of the year, Championship young player of the year) when statistically Bogle matches or betters him in almost all departments. In addition to the stats discussed in that article, Bogle also has more direct goal involvements over the season, more shots per game, more aerial duels won per game, a higher average successful pass rate, more tackles per game, more key passes per game, more crosses per game, more successful long passes per game.

38 minutes ago, JfR said:

It surprises me that more isn't made of Bogle's ability compared with Max Aarons, if I'm honest. I rate Aarons highly, and he deserves the praise he gets, but I don't understand why he gets it to such a disproportionate degree compared to Bogle (i.e. in EFL team of the year, PFA team of the year, Championship young player of the year) when statistically Bogle matches or betters him in almost all departments. In addition to the stats discussed in that article, Bogle also has more direct goal involvements over the season, more shots per game, more aerial duels won per game, a higher average successful pass rate, more tackles per game, more key passes per game, more crosses per game, more successful long passes per game.

Because we aren’t in the top 2? 

17 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

The young lad in question is Jayden Bogle who easily earns a place in the full Analytics FC team as well as obviously making their U23 Championship 11 (though they fail to spot he's in both).

http://analyticsfc.co.uk/blog/2019/04/08/team-of-the-season-english-championship/

Impressive stats from an impressive season.

Thanks for sharing that - was pretty confident he's been the best RB in the league over the course of the season. Thanks, I'd imagine, to his form since Cole joined.

Also adds more fuel to Leed's and Villa fans qualms over Hernandez and Grealish being left out of the official one.

I thought the official team was pretty cack tbh when I saw it and this just supports me - they've changed 10 of the 11 ? 

14 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Pretty much this, look at the premier league team of the season where they seem to have forgotten there’s more than 2 teams in the division.

That is really ridiculous. I could see all of those players being in the discussion for their position but it's really strange to just add them all. Especially leaving Hazard out.

Btw if Leeds go up and we don't, I fully expect interest from them in Bogle. They're one of the official partners of that Analytics website that rates Bogle so highly. 

Archived