John Souttar

DcFc Dyycheee

4 hours ago, McLovin said:

Certainly has! McClaren spotted him before he became well known, he was after 3 or 4 of the Dundee or Hearts players(can’t remember which) irrc before he was sacked in 16/17. People can criticise McClaren for his coaching ability but he can certainly spot a player.

The general view is that he can definitely coach - is just poor when it comes to management.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Temori going back to Chelsea a CB must be high on Franks list if we can't get him back for another season.

If so I'd like to see us try and get Dan Burn from Brighton who's hardly getting a game with Duffy and Dunk in front of him if they stay up i don't see anything changing there.

Thought he looked a proper presence at CB when with Wigan and was decent and hopefully less than the 5m they're quoting Souttar would cost....just a thought, add Reece James on loan ( yet another Wigan loanee ) and the centre spine  of our side would start to look a lot stronger

3 hours ago, Saity said:

With Temori going back to Chelsea a CB must be high on Franks list if we can't get him back for another season.

If so I'd like to see us try and get Dan Burn from Brighton who's hardly getting a game with Duffy and Dunk in front of him if they stay up i don't see anything changing there.

Thought he looked a proper presence at CB when with Wigan and was decent and hopefully less than the 5m they're quoting Souttar would cost....just a thought, add Reece James on loan ( yet another Wigan loanee ) and the centre spine  of our side would start to look a lot stronger

Would you get a premier league back up CB for less than 5m?

Hed certainly add some aerial presence being 6ft 7in according to wikipedia...

20 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Would you get a premier league back up CB for less than 5m?

Hed certainly add some aerial presence being 6ft 7in according to wikipedia...

Although he's a premier league centre back I don't think he's played enough games to warrant a massive fee but of course i may be very wrong, i watched Brighton at Spurs and saw him on bench and don't think he'd dislodge either Dunk or Duffy  just thought at 6ft7 he would give us a very much needed aerial presence at both ends of the pitch and was a player i liked when he was at Wigan and a cheeky bid maybe a good idea as being on the bench all season may not be what he wants all next season.

As far as signings go players like Burn, Reece James and at least 2-3 more midfielders would make us a much stronger side next season.

This may sound controversial but I'd offload all of the players who are out of contract and raise funds by selling Lawrence,Bogle,Huddlestone & Wisdom ( I know some fans will not like the idea of selling Bogle but i think if we got silly money I'd take it ) especially if we could get someone like Fredericks from WHU who its rumoured isn't happy at the Hammers

I think we realistically could raise 15-20 million on selling a few and that would give us enough to buy a new keeper a CB and 2-3 midfielders and a new RB without paying silly money out including  a few loans 

I don't see Mason Mount as good enough to play week in week out in the premier league either and the same goes for Wilson so we may get them both again for next season......just my ideas though....

13 hours ago, Saity said:

Whatever CB he brings in, he needs to be able to pass the ball and play out from the back. Signing a skyscraper doesn't add to that. If Frank didn't want that, Curtis Davies wouldn't have had a problem being in the team pre-injury but it's clearly not what Frank wants from his CBs.

We  ought to try wisdom at centre back. 

Clearly bogle has got the right back slot and wisdom is too poor in possession to challenge, but he played well at left back and therefore might make a left sided centre back?

10 hours ago, Saity said:

Although he's a premier league centre back I don't think he's played enough games to warrant a massive fee but of course i may be very wrong, i watched Brighton at Spurs and saw him on bench and don't think he'd dislodge either Dunk or Duffy  just thought at 6ft7 he would give us a very much needed aerial presence at both ends of the pitch and was a player i liked when he was at Wigan and a cheeky bid maybe a good idea as being on the bench all season may not be what he wants all next season.

As far as signings go players like Burn, Reece James and at least 2-3 more midfielders would make us a much stronger side next season.

This may sound controversial but I'd offload all of the players who are out of contract and raise funds by selling Lawrence,Bogle,Huddlestone & Wisdom ( I know some fans will not like the idea of selling Bogle but i think if we got silly money I'd take it ) especially if we could get someone like Fredericks from WHU who its rumoured isn't happy at the Hammers

I think we realistically could raise 15-20 million on selling a few and that would give us enough to buy a new keeper a CB and 2-3 midfielders and a new RB without paying silly money out including  a few loans 

I don't see Mason Mount as good enough to play week in week out in the premier league either and the same goes for Wilson so we may get them both again for next season......just my ideas though....

With wages being the big problem I’m not sure selling Bogle and bringing in fredericks would be as cost effective as first seems ?

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

We always seem to be linked to the same players regardless of who our manager is.

I hope we are still aren't shopping from a limited pool of players, ie: certain agencies 

We still have Joe McClaren

I would imagine it's the same at most clubs, manager identifies some players himself personally, whilst others are on a list to take a look at from the scouting team. Ultimately the manager will say who we go for.

Mount and Tomori I'm sure would have been players he identified himself personally, where as Holmes and Marriott put forward by the scouts.

It's also entirely possible we're not even looking at him yet his agent is regurgitating an old links to create "interest" in their player, or "journalists" are digging about for clubs to give their articles more weight.

Just because it's written on a newspaper website doesn't mean it's real, we of all fans should know that by now.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

We  ought to try wisdom at centre back. 

Clearly bogle has got the right back slot and wisdom is too poor in possession to challenge, but he played well at left back and therefore might make a left sided centre back?

Clearly Lampard doesn't rate him/doesn't think he can play CB as we signed Ambrose, but i seem to remember the first time he signed him saying that was his best position. It's also where he played in Austria. 

5 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Clearly Lampard doesn't rate him/doesn't think he can play CB as we signed Ambrose, but i seem to remember the first time he signed him saying that was his best position. It's also where he played in Austria. 

Having seen Rapid Wien a couple of times in the past season, the standard in Austria is really not good - it definitely lacks athletes. He wouldn't been quicker and stronger than most strikers.

Archived