John Souttar

DcFc Dyycheee

Frank Lampard is ready to get one over on Steven Gerrard by sealing a deal for Hearts defender John Souttar, we can reveal.

The 22-year-old defender has enjoyed an impressive campaign and made his Scotland debut late last year.

Rangers were believed to be heading the chase, but his value of around £5million looked an issue for the Ibrox giants – who were hoping to strike a deal.

But now Derby have made their move and are understood to be in pole position to land Souttar – who is keen to make the move to England.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-lampard-to-beat-gerrard-in-battle-for-5m-hearts-ace

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Swear we've been linked with this lad every window for about three years...

There are no old transfer threads about him, unless the creator spelled his name incorrectly. 

We've definitely been linked with him before, but I don't see us paying £5m for him. He's got a good reputation north of the wall, so it would be an interesting signing. I actually think the lad who is currently at Ipswich, from Everton, will be the one we end up with. Name escapes me. 

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

There are no old transfer threads about him, unless the creator spelled his name incorrectly. 

@Nuwtfly is right, I seem to remember us being linked when McClaren came back in his second spell and Rowett was after him for a couple of windows.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/04/26/report-derby-county-keen-to-lure-hearts-john-souttar-with-1m-plu/

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/derby-county-weighing-up-1m-1501764.amp

Just now, McLovin said:

Fair enough!

Search function being weak or people didn't bother making threads.

His price has rocketed up since those links! 

Just now, SaintRam said:

Fair enough!

Certainly has! McClaren spotted him before he became well known, he was after 3 or 4 of the Dundee or Hearts players(can’t remember which) irrc before he was sacked in 16/17. People can criticise McClaren for his coaching ability but he can certainly spot a player.

9 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

We've definitely been linked with him before, but I don't see us paying £5m for him. He's got a good reputation north of the wall, so it would be an interesting signing. I actually think the lad who is currently at Ipswich, from Everton, will be the one we end up with. Name escapes me. 

Matthew Pennington

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Fair enough!

Search function is limited to 12 months so not to stress the server. Google....

site:dcfcfans.uk followed by your search 

For anything older. 

1 minute ago, David said:

Search function is limited to 12 months so not to stress the server. Google....

site:dcfcfans.uk followed by your search 

For anything older. 

Ah thanks David! Good to know. 

I'm always trying to find stuff I remember from years back in order to chastise folk who've suddenly changed their tune. This will help immeasurably. 

Been linked with him loads before and I’ve still never seen him play or have any clue if he’s any good, Scottish football ain’t worth the effort watching? Young and he’s an international so he’s got a decent rep tbf to him, centre half if I remember correctly? We could certainly do with some younger ones of those so it’d certainly be one that makes sense and actually looks fairly likely if rangers aren’t willing to meet the asking price and he wants the move to England (who wouldn’t ?). 5m is a big fee mind, may be covered by playoff money if we make it? Part of it anyway.

EDIT: Just seen we tried for him for 1m before, this another player that we didn’t catch when he available on the cheap and buy him later on for a massive fee like Waghorn 

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

another player that we didn’t catch when he available on the cheap and buy him later on for a massive fee like Waghorn 

Tbf, was about 8 years ago or something daft when we wanted him - football is a whole different financial world nowadays. Almost like comparing apples to oranges.

cast an eye on a few games he's featured in on Sky and looks a decent centre half (albeit in Scotland). Pacey, Tall and strong and at a good age could be a good option. Not sure about the £5m fee though. 

Remember the papertalk around Marriott in the press was a fee of 8/9m but ended up at us for a lot less. Hopefully a similar situation if he were to be a genuine target. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

The white walkers have a good reputation North of the wall, but south of the wall they are.........wrong thread!!!!

Archived