Gavin Massey

Animal is a Ram

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/derby-county-linked-championship-forward-2789567?fbclid=IwAR212ZUxOqC_XbWQgmWhiM5RcloiiTFjNF7fBrBaV_mOwIzyydO6YpvdNWs

Guessing someone from DCFC has been to watch Wigan recently?

As well as Walton and Powell, now been linked with Gavin Massey, winger, also out of contract at the end of the season.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Not for me; he's a career lower league player. 

He'd struggle to make the bench as it is, so I can't see how this can have any truth in it. 

Probably only linked because 

we actually went to watch Walton and/or Powell + we're 'skint' + he's out of contract so agent trying to link us.

Excellent in the final third by all accounts looking at his goals record for relatively poor sides, but not great in his overall play looking at his stats. Obviously a great player in terms of his end product, but depends if he offers enough all round to carry him.

Wouldnt say were particulary short on wingers even at the end of the season, but all depends on where we see certain players futures like Holmes and bennett who’ve played multiple positions and we need to decide upon proper roles for, we could be left short potentially depending on that. If we’re short on numbers then I can see the logic on a free as we’ll struggle with big transfer fees I suspect, so can see it being a realistic one this myself, depends on who offers him the best deal I guess, you’d think we’d be his best option.

Would rather we looked to upgrade tho and sell some of the poorer players we have to buy a new key player on the wing. It’s certainly an area I’d focus on getting someone really good in, we’ve been poor from wide and lacking quality all season, someone of inces ilk would improve us no end. Our current wingers lack any sort of end product and intelligence.

10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Excellent in the final third by all accounts looking at his goals record for relatively poor sides, but not great in his overall play looking at his stats. Obviously a great player in terms of his end product, but depends if he offers enough all round to carry him.

Wouldnt say were particulary short on wingers even at the end of the season, but all depends on where we see certain players futures like Holmes and bennett who’ve played multiple positions and we need to decide upon proper roles for, we could be left short potentially depending on that. If we’re short on numbers then I can see the logic on a free as we’ll struggle with big transfer fees I suspect, so can see it being a realistic one this myself, depends on who offers him the best deal I guess, you’d think we’d be his best option.

Would rather we looked to upgrade tho and sell some of the poorer players we have to buy a new key player on the wing. It’s certainly an area I’d focus on getting someone really good in, we’ve been poor from wide and lacking quality all season, someone of inces ilk would improve us no end. Our current wingers lack any sort of end product and intelligence.

5 goals this season. 2 against Leeds, 1 vs us, 1 vs Stoke, 1 vs Bolton. That mix constitutes “poor sides”?

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

5 goals this season. 2 against Leeds, 1 vs us, 1 vs Stoke, 1 vs Bolton. That mix constitutes “poor sides”?

FOR relatively poor sides! Across his career I meant. Not against, no idea who he’d scored against to be honest , that looks a decent record tho.

12 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

we’ve been poor from wide and lacking quality all season, someone of inces ilk would improve us no end. Our current wingers lack any sort of end product and intelligence.

Basically all our wingers are crap

Thought he played well against us at our place - played how I expected Jozefzoon was going to perform for us.

Being a lower level player all his career isn’t a bad thing - he might see this as his chance and grab it with both hands or he may be playing for the best contract he can get and then lose a bit of hunger. Depends on his personality to an extent, which we can’t really assess from our position.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived