The most surreal match day experience.

Smyth_18

It all started around 7:30am when I got a phone call from my brother asking if an American visitor at his work can come with us to the game.

A few family duties followed then I was dropped off at my brother's work place. While my brother was locking up I was chatting away with the American bloke and heard a bit of a bang thinking nothing of it. The American then spotted smoke coming from behind the opposite building so I ran to check it out. Could immediately see it was going to turn into a major issue when we saw more gas canisters. Being the only people around, we rang the fire service. More explosions followed. Sirens everywhere. All the local scags turn up on bikes. Just mad. My brother and the American move their car around the back and off we pop in a taxi to the game. Looking back at the smoke from pride park was pretty surreal. Go for a pint in the yard and everybody is talking about it.

We then go into the club shop and the American guy buys about 5 shirts! Onto the match. Despite it being absolutely terrible, the American was absolutely in awe. His words after 'your fans, WOW!'. He'd never seen anything like it. The togetherness, the tribalism. Amazing.

Never felt so proud to be a Ram. We've got something special between us here.

Anyway, didn't get home til late. Police wouldn't let us have the cars back. My brother got to work this morning to a ticket on his car issued around 10pm. He got a message around 2am to say the cordon had been lifted and his car is free now!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

A few family duties followed then I was dropped off at my brother's work place. While my brother was locking up I was chatting away with the American bloke and heard a bit of a bang thinking nothing of it. The American then spotted smoke coming from behind the opposite building so I ran to check it out.

So it's YOUR fault all the trains were screwed?!?!?

13 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Poor sod's been lost for two weeks,wandering around the outskirts of derby,starting fires to keep warm....the worst bit is that he doesn't even know he's been banned from the forum.

We did warn him about the beer...?

3 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Poor sod's been lost for two weeks,wandering around the outskirts of derby,starting fires to keep warm....the worst bit is that he doesn't even know he's been banned from the forum.

So it was him who started the fires on Stores Road yesterday? 

37 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

So it was him who started the fires on Stores Road yesterday? 

Much like a fart, the first person to point out the existence of a fire is probably the cause.

38 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Much like a fart, the first person to point out the existence of a fire is probably the cause.

The Mafia don’t do fires...... 

5 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

It all started around 7:30am when I got a phone call from my brother asking if an American visitor at his work can come with us to the game.

A few family duties followed then I was dropped off at my brother's work place. While my brother was locking up I was chatting away with the American bloke and heard a bit of a bang thinking nothing of it. The American then spotted smoke coming from behind the opposite building so I ran to check it out. Could immediately see it was going to turn into a major issue when we saw more gas canisters. Being the only people around, we rang the fire service. More explosions followed. Sirens everywhere. All the local scags turn up on bikes. Just mad. My brother and the American move their car around the back and off we pop in a taxi to the game. Looking back at the smoke from pride park was pretty surreal. Go for a pint in the yard and everybody is talking about it.

We then go into the club shop and the American guy buys about 5 shirts! Onto the match. Despite it being absolutely terrible, the American was absolutely in awe. His words after 'your fans, WOW!'. He'd never seen anything like it. The togetherness, the tribalism. Amazing.

Anyway, didn't get home til late. Police wouldn't let us have the cars back. My brother got to work this morning to a ticket on his car issued around 10pm. He got a message around 2am to say the cordon had been lifted and his car is free now!

Worth arguing the parking ticket, force major (in French, whatever they call it).

7 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

All the local scags turn up on bikes.

I saw them too. What is it with screbs and fire? I often wonder why the police spend so much time roaming around my estate searching for miscreants. If they just set an old sofa on fire in the park, I guarantee the person they were looking for would gravitate towards it. It's the ultimate honey trap.

11 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

Okay, I'm going to ask. 

How did the parking attendant breach the cordon, and what rule was your brother breaking at 10pm on a weeknight?

Archived