Bristol City vs Derby County

cannable

An interesting prediction and a co-incidence that yesterday on Sky the commentator mentioned that Coventry City's 5-4 victory away at Sunderland was the first in their history. I did wonder when I heard that whether Derby had previous 5-4 away victories and then up pops this post! 

I am not sure whether we could all stand the tension if the result is indeed 5-4 to us on Saturday!

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, angieram said:

An interesting prediction and a co-incidence that yesterday on Sky the commentator mentioned that Coventry City's 5-4 victory away at Sunderland was the first in their history. I did wonder when I heard that whether Derby had previous 5-4 away victories and then up pops this post! 

I am not sure whether we could all stand the tension if the result is indeed 5-4 to us on Saturday!

I’d be long in hospital of a panic attack!

Morning Rams fans - I just though I would pop over and say hello.

Interesting reading the comments on here - especially about the 'conspiracy' theory. Of course it's tongue in cheek, and as someone rightly pointed out we got a very dodgy penalty vs QPR, but we really do feel hard done by recently regarding the officials. The Villa game was really something else; your old boy Weimann had a perfectly good goal ruled out for offside (AGAIN - that's at least 4 so far this season - and those 4+ goals equate to at least 6 points) and if that wasn't bad enough Villa get a VERY dodgy penalty which changed the game which we might have won 2-1 but ended up losing by the same margin. Even the EFL later admitted the refereeing was poor for that game and they issued an official apology - well that makes it ok then doesn't it?!!!!. We also had a poor ref in our game vs Reading who let Reading kick our players all over the pitch.

Anyway, enough of the sour grapes - this game is massive and should be a sell-out. I can't wait but I'm nervous as hell too. It could go either way; our home form hasn't been great - we can turn it on when we want to on occasion but then on other occasions we are inexplicably 'meh'. Its all about who has the strongest nerves - we need a win more than you do - a draw would take our progression into the playoffs out of our hands - you can expect us to attack - we don't want to be relying on other results.

Out of interest; did Weimann get loads of goals disallowed when he played for you? He must have the league record this season I'm certain!!

I'm afraid that I can't wish you guys luck for the rest of the season, because we need it ourselves - I hope you understand :)

3 minutes ago, Reverend Green said:

Morning Rams fans - I just though I would pop over and say hello.

Interesting reading the comments on here - especially about the 'conspiracy' theory. Of course it's tongue in cheek, and as someone rightly pointed out we got a very dodgy penalty vs QPR, but we really do feel hard done by recently regarding the officials. The Villa game was really something else; your old boy Weimann had a perfectly good goal ruled out for offside (AGAIN - that's at least 4 so far this season - and those 4+ goals equate to at least 6 points) and if that wasn't bad enough Villa get a VERY dodgy penalty which changed the game which we might have won 2-1 but ended up losing by the same margin. Even the EFL later admitted the refereeing was poor for that game and they issued an official apology - well that makes it ok then doesn't it?!!!!. We also had a poor ref in our game vs Reading who let Reading kick our players all over the pitch.

Anyway, enough of the sour grapes - this game is massive and should be a sell-out. I can't wait but I'm nervous as hell too. It could go either way; our home form hasn't been great - we can turn it on when we want to on occasion but then on other occasions we are inexplicably 'meh'. Its all about who has the strongest nerves - we need a win more than you do - a draw would take our progression into the playoffs out of our hands - you can expect us to attack - we don't want to be relying on other results.

Out of interest; did Weimann get loads of goals disallowed when he played for you? He must have the league record this season I'm certain!!

I'm afraid that I can't wish you guys luck for the rest of the season, because we need it ourselves - I hope you understand ?

I don't remember Weimann ever having a goal disallowed, but it's possible.

He's already scored as many goals for you as he did in his 80 something games for us.

21 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Let’s have scenes like this in the away end please:

5B910744-4B5F-4C8F-B046-3DABD48CF99E.thumb.jpeg.5a7dae4d86f55a16a3626498a11dd5ca.jpeg

Ha, ha... At work and had a few minutes before PopMaster so logged onto the forum... only to be face to face with my gentlemanly-thuggish visage (guy at front in blue) ??... How did they even get this shot?

1 hour ago, RebelScum said:

Ha, ha... At work and had a few minutes before PopMaster so logged onto the forum... only to be face to face with my gentlemanly-thuggish visage (guy at front in blue) ??... How did they even get this shot?

Narrows it down to almost everyone on the front row ?

Do you have a season ticket there? 

22 minutes ago, rynny said:

Narrows it down to almost everyone on the front row ?

Do you have a season ticket there? 

Nah, used to have one in SWU but gave it up this season as Im in the military so have to pick and choose my games - although it would have been much cheaper to just keep the season ticket ?

15 minutes ago, RebelScum said:

Nah, used to have one in SWU but gave it up this season as Im in the military so have to pick and choose my games - although it would have been much cheaper to just keep the season ticket ?

Don't forget to take advantage of Tickets for Troops, when the opportunity arises.   

They are showing Rams v Baggies available.

44 minutes ago, RebelScum said:

Ah that's the block I sit in. Would've been nice to say hi and put another face to a user name. 

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Don't forget to take advantage of Tickets for Troops, when the opportunity arises.   

They are showing Rams v Baggies available.

'Fraid there all sold out now... I've had my fair share over the years though ?

This is Bristol’s last home game of the season, it could go either way, inspire them to a performance or put them under extra pressure. I’m hoping it’s the latter.

I really feel if we can get the 3 points, the following 2 games will take care of themselves, a point at Swansea and 3 at home to West Brom. 

COY ? ? 

I think they will raise their game for us. They beat west brom.

if we go out timid and fanny around - which i expect - this will turn the tide in their favour.

but i'm hoping they struggle to score two. 

Also hoping we grab a goal from somewhere.

Archived