Sky commentators

Poynton ram

Caught some of the Brentford Leeds game - Is Don Goodman a Wednesday fan as he seems a tad disappointed we had beaten QPR? Also according to the main commenatator Wilson's 111 minute goal was the winner - what a plank.....

Anyone know why the game was on the red button today, and do the club get any money for it being on?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

Caught some of the Brentford Leeds game - Is Don Goodman a Wednesday fan as he seems a tad disappointed we had beaten QPR? Also according to the main commenatator Wilson's 111 minute goal was the winner - what a plank.....

Anyone know why the game was on the red button today, and do the club get any money for it being on?

I don't think Goodman's a Wednesday fan, I think he just hates us. You rarely hear a good word out of him about us when he's commentating our games.

21 minutes ago, JfR said:

I don't think Goodman's a Wednesday fan, I think he just hates us. You rarely hear a good word out of him about us when he's commentating our games.

He's never liked us After we beat WBA at Wembley, his dislike of us, became open hatered

I thought the Rams TV commentators weren't much better. They mentioned a few times that they thought the support was as flat as the performance, which wasn't right. On the whole it sounded immense to me. Yeah it may have gone flat at times but that's understandable when not much is happening on the pitch but the support was great for the first 25/30 mins and again when it really mattered. Well done to all those that contributed to that.

Not one who normally calls a media conspiracy against us, but Don Goodman is a grade A nob head who rarely says anything positive about us, so this sounds about right.

That said, who really cares what other people, especially the ********* who work in the media, think?

Which Sky 'slang for penis' was it who campaigned (successfully) for one of our players to be banned for a (not) elbow around 2004-2006 in a televised game? I'm thinking Gary Birtles as the commentator, I'm thinking Darren Moor as the player? It's a bit of vague now, but I remember the situation at least.

Saying situation makes me think of Billy Davies and the way he always pronounced it as 'city-ation' which may be skewing my memory.

40 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Which Sky 'slang for penis' was it who campaigned (successfully) for one of our players to be banned for a (not) elbow around 2004-2006 in a televised game? I'm thinking Gary Birtles as the commentator, I'm thinking Darren Moor as the player? It's a bit of vague now, but I remember the situation at least.

Saying situation makes me think of Billy Davies and the way he always pronounced it as 'city-ation' which may be skewing my memory.

Darren Moore end of 06/07 season for an incident against I think Ipswich. Missed the last 3 games, including the crucial game against Palace away 2nd last game of the season where we lost 2-0. Can't remember which "Skycock" it was though.

1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I thought the Rams TV commentators weren't much better. They mentioned a few times that they thought the support was as flat as the performance, which wasn't right. On the whole it sounded immense to me. Yeah it may have gone flat at times but that's understandable when not much is happening on the pitch but the support was great for the first 25/30 mins and again when it really mattered. Well done to all those that contributed to that.

It was like going to a game with my old man who will tell you constantly for the whole match that he bets the opposition will score the winner in the last minute. I don't want absolute blind faith, but I want insight mixed with positivity. By definition it's fans watching so we don't want them to be impartial.

They saw a replay of the Waghorn "offside" at the start and didn't notice he was probably onside. They saw a replay of the Mount penalty incident and didn't make anything of him being clipped, even though they mentioned it. They were so negative for the entire match, often saying QPR were the better side and deserved to win. NO, NO, NO! It is always better when @OwenB87 commentates.

Chris Martin’s shot that cannoned in off Kusczak for the own goal away at Brighton POFF semi final, first leg - you can audibly hear Goodman groan when it goes in. 

Only one who speaks any reasoned sense on Sky when it comes to the Championship is Liam Rosenior. The rest, whether it's Goodman, Birtles or even the main commentator (who's name I have no idea) are awful. Once you notice the main commentator has a pre-prepared hyperbolic statement for every goal, which usually includes alliteration, you can never unnotice it.

41 minutes ago, Srg said:

Only one who speaks any reasoned sense on Sky when it comes to the Championship is Liam Rosenior. The rest, whether it's Goodman, Birtles or even the main commentator (who's name I have no idea) are awful. Once you notice the main commentator has a pre-prepared hyperbolic statement for every goal, which usually includes alliteration, you can never unnotice it.

Shame Liam Rosenior has basically moved into Sky studios as he’s on every bloody day. Has his wife kicked him out?

Archived