Tom Huddlestone

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be in front of the back 4 with Mount and Wilson in front of him. Waghorn on the right, Marriott in the middle and Lawrence on the left. That was when we looked the best this season IMO. 

We have played Rotherham Bolton and Birmingham lately teams who play the ball in the air and win headers which is why johnson has played and he can score a goal or two and he is fairly fresh, not really an issue about Huddlestone but we may still sell him in the summer

On 19/04/2019 at 19:52, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Has he been a naughty boy?

Since his contract extension he seems to have fallen massively out of favour, I was hoping this isn't another Darren Bent situation.

As mentioned above contract was triggered by games played - Johnson being chosen over him suggests to me Lampard see that deep role being a tackler rather than a playmaker so I feel that his days are probably numbered

Apparently there was a bid from Udinese which nearly went through in January so wouldn't be shocked to see him go in the summer

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

As mentioned above contract was triggered by games played - Johnson being chosen over him suggests to me Lampard see that deep role being a tackler rather than a playmaker so I feel that his days are probably numbered

Apparently there was a bid from Udinese which nearly went through in January so wouldn't be shocked to see him go in the summer

Despite his height Tom probably lost his place currently to Johnson because he can aggressively head the ball away ( Johnson) and we only have him and Keogh who actually do that but obviously Johnson can’t pass the ball as well as Huddlestone 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Despite his height Tom probably lost his place currently to Johnson because he can aggressively head the ball away ( Johnson) and we only have him and Keogh who actually do that but obviously Johnson can’t pass the ball as well as a one legged donkey (unless he's aiming for an opposition player in which case he hits them every time....)

FTFY......

48 minutes ago, Spanish said:

why do people say this krap?  watch at 36 seconds

Were you there on Monday? - he didn't manage a pass to a white shirt in the first 20 minutes - and he almost put QPR straight in on goal by trying to be 'clever'...

He has the ability to play decent passes as you've shown with your one example - and on his day he's a pretty decent team player - but throughout his Derby City career, he's played a couple of good games followed nortmally by an awful performance and then a number of poor games - his average 'out of 10' is well below what we need for someone playing such a key role in the team....and that's why people say this 'krap'

1 minute ago, Gaspode said:

Were you there on Monday? - he didn't manage a pass to a white shirt in the first 20 minutes - and he almost put QPR straight in on goal by trying to be 'clever'...

He has the ability to play decent passes as you've shown with your one example - and on his day he's a pretty decent team player - but throughout his Derby City career, he's played a couple of good games followed nortmally by an awful performance and then a number of poor games - his average 'out of 10' is well below what we need for someone playing such a key role in the team....and that's why people say this 'krap'

he's an average championship player, we need better but he is what we have  Never shirks tires his best and has moments of sublime brilliance.  Don't know why you would pick on him in particular when their are so many candidates equally average

18 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I see what you did there

43 minutes ago, Spanish said:

he's an average championship player, we need better but he is what we have  Never shirks tires his best and has moments of sublime brilliance.  Don't know why you would pick on him in particular when their are so many candidates equally average

Doh! possibly because the previous poster had made a comment about him? - good god this board is hard work at times.....

Feel free to reply to your heart's content - you've reminded me why I hardly ever post on here nowadays so I won't be enagaging in a any further meaningless discussions with you.....(and just to give you some more ammunition - sublime brilliance my a$*%)

3 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Yeah, I watched the whole game and Johnson played reasonably well throughout. I thought his passing was fine, and he does try to get us to push forward. Remember a couple of times the pass into space was misread by fellow players; poo happens!

There's some stats somewhere in the match day thread which said Johnson's pass rate was 63%, but compared to other midfielders it was higher. Anyway, if it was 63% then it must have been pretty good after those first 20 minutes where he didn't pass to a Derby player once!

For me, one of the players who improved appreciably in the second half, along with Mount and Wilson. 

Archived