A52 Footbridge Closure

Rambalin

1 hour ago, Duracell said:

Could someone explain to me, as if I were an idiot, how you get from Chad to Pride Park now?

There is a footbridge near the Costco that the council is recommending people to use. It doesn't look like it will take much longer than the other one depending on where you park.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, GenBr said:

There is a footbridge near the Costco that the council is recommending people to use. It doesn't look like it will take much longer than the other one depending on where you park.

Cheers. All these years I’ve been going and I hadn’t even noticed that bridge.

The councillor originally "project managing" the debacle stated that he wasn't aware that there were scope or budgetary issues as 'noboby told him' - now I've lost count of the number of project managers I've worked with over the past 30 odd years, but I'm pretty sure that every one of them would consider that it's part of a project manager's key responsibilities to ask those sort of questions rather than sit back and wait to be told.....

With only 2 games to go, we now have a major footbridge being out of service, they're still dicking about at the end of Ascot Drive and the gas folk have started work on the ring road near the Oast House - all of which contribute to the traffic chaos and cause people to leave early - the level of incompetence when planning such high-impact schemes is quite staggering.....

5 hours ago, Gaspode said:

The councillor originally "project managing" the debacle stated that he wasn't aware that there were scope or budgetary issues as 'noboby told him' - now I've lost count of the number of project managers I've worked with over the past 30 odd years, but I'm pretty sure that every one of them would consider that it's part of a project manager's key responsibilities to ask those sort of questions rather than sit back and wait to be told.....

It’s the Public sector I wouldn’t expect any less. Incompetent waste of space the lot of them 

13 hours ago, TexasRam said:

It’s the Public sector I wouldn’t expect any less. Incompetent waste of space the lot of them 

its been private sector project managers, engineers and contractors for a long time.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

its been private sector project managers, engineers and contractors for a long time.

Ran by the public sector. 

• 1 month later...

Good news lads - they're closing the slip roads this time https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/Derby-news/a52-slip-road-wyvern-shut-2905284

13 weeks for westbound a52 into Wyvern and 13 MONTHS for the Wyvern to a52 westbound. Can't see this having much impact on traffic in the area...

It was bad enough when they closed the A52 completely - I was stuck in traffic in Derby at 10pm when they did that. This is essentially going to do the same thing by pushing all the traffic to alternative routes. Wouldn't want to be parking anywhere near the Wyvern on a matchday next season.

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Good news lads - they're closing the slip roads this time https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/Derby-news/a52-slip-road-wyvern-shut-2905284

13 weeks for westbound a52 into Wyvern and 13 MONTHS for the Wyvern to a52 westbound. Can't see this having much impact on traffic in the area...

It was bad enough when they closed the A52 completely - I was stuck in traffic in Derby at 10pm when they did that. This is essentially going to do the same thing by pushing all the traffic to alternative routes. Wouldn't want to be parking anywhere near the Wyvern on a matchday next season.

It is going to be carnage.

It wont be 13 months either knowing this project. Will be 2 years plus.

For their next project they are planning improvements on the inner ring road. An artist impression of the completed works has been published:

84485521.jpg

4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

For their next project they are planning improvements on the inner ring road. An artist impression of the completed works has been published:

13 months is long enough as it is - what the **** are they actually doing there. How long has this project been going on now - over a year? And all we have to show for it is a new lane on the other side of the road and a new road through Toys R Us which is now closed forever.

I have faith in the council though - they seem to know what they are doing - no problems on any of their other construction projects, so I imagine they will be finished early and on budget.

bruce willis yes GIF

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, GenBr said:

13 months is long enough as it is - what the **** are they actually doing there. How long has this project been going on now - over a year? And all we have to show for it is a new lane on the other side of the road and a new road through Toys R Us which is now closed forever.

I have faith in the council though - they seem to know what they are doing - no problems on any of their other construction projects, so I imagine they will be finished early and on budget.

bruce willis yes GIF

The problem was the original plans were not great. Someone came in and said we need to review what we are doing.

They published the original plans too recently.

Alpha-State-School-Matt-Bryce.pdf.jpg

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

84485521.jpg

We're having yellow lines!! Wow!

8 hours ago, Phoenix said:

We're having yellow lines!! Wow!

That's right. In the future, having to stop for whatever reason will be designated as 'parking' - and will be subject to a fine. This will ensure that the next phase of road 'improvements' will definitely be cost-effective.

2 hours ago, eddie said:

That's right. In the future, having to stop for whatever reason will be designated as 'parking' - and will be subject to a fine. This will ensure that the next phase of road 'improvements' will definitely be cost-effective.

Many a true word spoken in jest.

Archived