A52 Footbridge Closure

Rambalin

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Boycie said:

Because they blew the budget on demolition not building a new one.

Probably the worst run project I’ve ever witnessed (other than Paul Jewell’s survival push) 

12 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Bad planning, why don't they wait until the end of May.

Why have they added another year onto a project that was supposed to be finished last month? Why have they added £30 million to the budget? Why have they not even got a design (or budget) approved yet to work to? Why is the one bit that they did complete -the extra lane on the a52 crumbling into dust? Why are they not even starting work again until the end of the month?

Its because the council are run by incompetent individuals who have no experience in the construction industry whatsoever. The a52 is goibg to be closed for an entire weekend to allow them to demolish that bridge - cant wait for that.

A bit harsh.

the feeling i got from from reading the report into the mess of the project was that the original dcc engineer was one of the few people who probably did know what he was doing but was overwhelmed by a maelstrom of stupidity. there were too many meddlers. Qs's totally corking up the cost plan. Idiot managers blaming the escalating costs on bad engineering instead of poor cost planning. Someone deciding the magic fix would be to appoint a contractor to value engineer it. That was equivalent to pouring petrol on a bonfire. Senior managers too remote and too stupid to have any meaningful input. 

Enjoy it for what it is. A monument to human error. 

The polar opposite of a wonderful building or a magnificent bridge. Those edifices that we like to think of as the true expressions of human genius. This is an equally valid expression of our almost unlimited ability to make a collective fk up of anything.

Sith Happens
23 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

Thank god..the number of times I stubbed my toe in that last secret step of doom.. some of you will know...

Better than stubbing it on a car as you cross the 52 on foot 

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Duracell said:

Could someone explain to me, as if I were an idiot, how you get from Chad to Pride Park now?

Dunno, even more chaos around PP. People will be leaving even earlier now.

Sith Happens
14 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Bad planning, why don't they wait until the end of May.

Because it wont cause as much chaos then. They do it on purpose 

Archived