Lampard wants to keep Mount, Wilson & Tomori next season

Day

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Parsnip said:

What would you prefer?

These three back next season, Frank staying, and the continuation of developing the academy and the style of play - but stay down.

Or go up?

Up. It’s time we finally did it and a win at Wembley would be amazing.

Plus we’d be more likely to get them back if we went up.

If Frank is thinking of loaning all 3 again next season, he can’t be too confident of promotion as don’t Prem rules limit you to a max of 2 loans at any one time, and those 2 can’t be from the same club either.  

28 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

If Frank is thinking of loaning all 3 again next season, he can’t be too confident of promotion as don’t Prem rules limit you to a max of 2 loans at any one time, and those 2 can’t be from the same club either.  

Geek.jpg

To be honest , as much as he’s scored goals I’m not so sure I’d be that bothered keeping Wilson, I don’t think it’s actually unfair to make an argument that he’s been our worst player since the turn of the year. Luckily I actually think Wilson is the least likely one we’ll keep as Liverpool seem to rate him and do tend to give youth a chance. I dont think chelsea will deem Tomori ready so I reckon we will get him back (and I damn well hope we do, he’s arguably our best player), Mount is a little more 50/50 as Chelsea may bring him back or send him to Germany. But not impossible I don’t think, and I’d be ecstatic if we did because I think if we can get him fully fit and firing with a decent midfield partner rather than the mugs he’s had to deal with at times this season, he’ll be the best player in the league.

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

Geek.jpg

This is a clear infringement of my image rights. You do not have my permission, express or implied, to share pictures of me on this forum. You, and the owner of this Platform will be hearing from my Lawyer.

I know discussing keogh is always a controversial topic. has his lovers and his haters. But where does the truth lie?.. I think it’s a key point when you look to the ambition of the club. Big hearted player, yes, makes mistakes, yes. Is he a great player ? is he a good player? Or just an ‘ok player. In my opinion I think over a seasons average I think he comes out as an ‘ok’ kind of player. I think that’s fair. I also think that defines how Derby have performed over the last few years. I suppose the question is, Can you get promotion by playing average players ? I personally think you can as long as there is an unshakable belief in the squad (Cardiff) and this is definitely what Derby lack. So I guess it comes down to personalities in the end and not entirely ability. Derby have lacked the personalities in the squad and at management to bring them success. So I guess this is Keogh’s overall failing and the rest of the squads... there has been no natural leaders on the pitch to instil the resilience a side needs to gain promotion 

4 minutes ago, Popular side said:

I know discussing keogh is always a controversial topic. has his lovers and his haters. But where does the truth lie?.. I think it’s a key point when you look to the ambition of the club. Big hearted player, yes, makes mistakes, yes. Is he a great player ? is he a good player? Or just an ‘ok player. In my opinion I think over a seasons average I think he comes out as an ‘ok’ kind of player. I think that’s fair. I also think that defines how Derby have performed over the last few years. I suppose the question is, Can you get promotion by playing average players ? I personally think you can as long as there is an unshakable belief in the squad (Cardiff) and this is definitely what Derby lack. So I guess it comes down to personalities in the end and not entirely ability. Derby have lacked the personalities in the squad and at management to bring them success. So I guess this is Keogh’s overall failing and the rest of the squads... there has been no natural leaders on the pitch to instil the resilience a side needs to gain promotion 

Sometimes it's not the quality of the players but the way they play together.

If you have a back five who know their roles and instinctively when to cover for each other that's good enough at this level.

Both Keogh and Tomori are 'mavericks' who run, block and tackle but as a pairing don't complement each other.

I'd like to see us bring in an old-fashioned number 5 who can head it and hoof it when called upon. Someone his fellow centre back doesn't feel compelled to pass to all frickin afternoon.

There's enough talent elsewhere in the squad to do the fancy things.

A keeper who commands his area and shouts to his team would help those in front of him.

Archived