Lampard wants to keep Mount, Wilson & Tomori next season

David

"It is a question for the summer. On a selfish note, I want them with me," Lampard said when asked for his thoughts on where the trio will be playing next season.

"I have loved working with them all, so if I could have my own way, I'd keep them," Lampard said.

"It's something that they will want to sit down with their families, their agents, etc, and think what is best for them.

"They've got different options. The last thing any of them will want to do now is go and not play football, so I think that will be the main thing in their mind.

"I think they have to do that - they have to keep playing football regularly and improving themselves, which they have managed to do this season."

Full story https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/frank-lampard-plans-talks-derby-2770834.amp?__twitter_impression=true

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends how much the players want to stay. if they want to stay they can speak to agents and clubs etc and try and push a loan move through to us. Obviously the parent club will have a say but i cant see any reason why any of them wouldn't contemplate the option of staying. The championship (if were in it) is a hard and intense league you learn a lot - look at Hughes.

Wilson has scored some crucial goals for us but is a prime example of a luxury player.

I think, like others, he is the most unlikely to return and, whilst I certainly wouldn't say no to having him back, he is the easiest to replace.

If we keep Tomori' and Mount I would be over the moon

37 minutes ago, Taribo said:

Mount is already far too good for this league, 100% not a chance of us having him back next year, tell him he's dreaming

The Bundesliga is a better league but he already turned that down to come here. Just saying.

20 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

the sky is blue

Not here it isn't. Personally I'd be amazed if any loanee is back next year. Done a quick troll (in the fishing sense) and couldn't find any obvious second term loans anywhere. But as I say (Keogh) it was a quick look!

1 minute ago, FindernRam said:

Not here it isn't. Personally I'd be amazed if any loanee is back next year. Done a quick troll (in the fishing sense) and couldn't find any obvious second term loans anywhere. But as I say (Keogh) it was a quick look!

Patrick Bamford went on loan to MK Dons 12/13 and again 13/14, although recalled in January to come to Derby.

30 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Tomori is the most likely as I simply can’t see a lower end PL club trusting him as one of their loans for the season 

It's an interesting one because I'd have said Mount could slot into pretty much any team and make a positive difference - I don't think he'd look out of place in the Chelsea side tbh

Tomori on the other hand I would have said still needs time to improve - BUT his style of play reminds me of David Luiz back in the day - So quick he lacks a little discipline because he knows he can recover it and incredibly brave in the tackle, no holding back, always wanting to get the ball off people - And Chelsea gave Luz a chance very early on so I could see them giving Tomori a try too

1 hour ago, MK-Ram said:

Wilson has scored some crucial goals for us but is a prime example of a luxury player.

I think, like others, he is the most unlikely to return and, whilst I certainly wouldn't say no to having him back, he is the easiest to replace.

If we keep Tomori' and Mount I would be over the moon

Luxury player indeed but he is better than the extreme Lawrence version 

Depends if the parent club want to blood them in the Prem and if we are in it or not

Think Tomori might get another season - but wouldn't be surprised if the other two went to a newly promoted team. - middle prem team. - to get them used to the pace

Either ways - would love them to stay here - been an exciting season with them all. And we must thank them for that

I can see Tomori back, but it really depends how hard Chelseas transfer ban hits them. He could easily be a bench-warmer/late game replacement for them if they are short on numbers. I fully expect to see Mount in and around their first team -  he's too good not to be, and it's been a privilege to watch him play.

Wilson i'm not sure on. He would suit a Palace or Newcastle, but he has come on a lot this year so they might decide Frankie is best for him. Who knows.

I'd love to keep all three, and maybe even add Ampadu, but that's probably wishful thinking.

Archived