Goal of the Season 18/19

David

(Yes we still have games to play)

I’m still saying Bennett. Don’t care if people say he didn’t mean it, was a cross or pass for Carson, scuffed it, fluked it, I just don’t care. Goal of the season, can’t see how you can top it. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me, too. I've already voted.

I was a bit disappointed not to see more Wilson goals in the mix. There was one he scored in front of the North Stand that had the most phenomenal movement on it. Can't remember the game.

But Bennett might do that only once in his career and he deserves the plaudits. 

We’ve had some crackers this year, mostly Wilson, but to be honest I think the majority of the votes would come down to Bennett and Wilson at Old Trafford.

Think they’ve thrown Bryson’s in as it’s a team goal, something a bit different that you perhaps forget just how good it was.

Would have been nice to included a few more though, make a showreel of them 

Wilson for me. in the context of the goals, I will see Derby beat Wigan again, Im not saying Bennett's goal wasn't good, but it was a little lucky.

Wilson's goal against Man U was Phenomenal, people rave about that Ronaldo freekick v P[Portsmouth but Wilson's was definitely better. To beat Man u at Old Trafford isn't something which happens very often, let alone when you're a Championship side. Being there and seeing the goal was great, to watch i back after and see how the ball moved and how far out he was was crazy. Wilson deserves it, scored more than one beauty this season too.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I was a bit disappointed not to see more Wilson goals in the mix. There was one he scored in front of the North Stand that had the most phenomenal movement on it. Can't remember the game.

It was Swansea I think and fully agreed, the change in direction mid air was unbelievable!

1 hour ago, David said:

We’ve had some crackers this year, mostly Wilson, but to be honest I think the majority of the votes would come down to Bennett and Wilson at Old Trafford.

Think they’ve thrown Bryson’s in as it’s a team goal, something a bit different that you perhaps forget just how good it was.

I voted Bryson. Great team goal culminating a brilliant move. Don't think it'll win mind.

1 hour ago, David said:

I will see team goals and I will see fantastic free kicks again, I doubt I will se a goal like Mason's again

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I know the one. That's my goal of the season too. The Bryson one... Don't think that even made goal of the month? 

1 hour ago, Edtheram said:

Wilson for me. in the context of the goals, I will see Derby beat Wigan again, Im not saying Bennett's goal wasn't good, but it was a little lucky.

Wilson's goal against Man U was Phenomenal, people rave about that Ronaldo freekick v P[Portsmouth but Wilson's was definitely better. To beat Man u at Old Trafford isn't something which happens very often, let alone when you're a Championship side. Being there and seeing the goal was great, to watch i back after and see how the ball moved and how far out he was was crazy. Wilson deserves it, scored more than one beauty this season too.

I'm with this. Wilson deserves it for doing it time and time again this season. 

7 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

I'm with this. Wilson deserves it for doing it time and time again this season. 

Surely goal of the season is judged on the individual goals in isolation, not as a collection.

Anyway, if he did it time and again, doesn't that show it's not that special?

5 hours ago, David said:

I’m still saying Bennett. Don’t care if people say he didn’t mean it, was a cross or pass for Carson, scuffed it, fluked it, I just don’t care. Goal of the season, can’t see how you can top it. 

I honestly don't even understand why they need to bother running this vote... I think he might deserve next seasons and maybe last seasons too just for good measure...

I’ll be voting for Bennett.

How long before the Liverpool fans catch onto this and sway the vote?

On another note, it would be interesting picking Wilson’s 2nd best goal this season. Not sure which one I’d go for. 

Archived