Nick Powell

jimbobram

2 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I think we will be on like for likes this summer #1 works and reduces wages but Powell is a buy not a loan

His contract ends in June so why a buy? Hasn't he had attitude problems in the past? If so, unless he's matured I doubt Lampard will be too interested.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Notoriously bad trainer, despite having huge ability. The exact type of player I imagine would leave Lampard ripping his hair out. I'd also argue that those who would start the sentence 'if anyone could get him to work hard, Lampard...' remember he was afforded the opportunity of a lifetime at United to work under SAF, but still couldn't bring himself to get his head down. He's done well this season, but has still found it difficult to play consistent and get a start for Wigan week-in, week-out. 

I'd like him here, but would not at all be surprised if this was a signing that, if made, failed to live up to expectation. 

Who are you? Bielsa?

4 hours ago, Srg said:

I doubt he lives in Wigan, he was at Man Utd and Crewe before that, so fair bet on Cheshire somewhere (I know you likely weren't serious, but still)

As for this, depends on the cost really. Can't see us going for big fee, high profile players.

He's out of contract

3 minutes ago, 'Rambe33 said:

Nigel Pearson was manager at the time. Power-trip PE teacher, hating on anyone who doesn't do exactly what he says... ? 

Apparently if players didn't put enough effort in during training, he'd leave them out of the matchday squad - thank goodness those days are over....?

6 hours ago, jimbobram said:

First team football, decent wage, decent crowd to moan at him, better place to live than wigan...I'd say we are towards the top of the list

There's a really nice nature reserve near Wigan, with ducks and stuff - beats Markeaton Park.

26 minutes ago, eddie said:

There's a really nice nature reserve near Wigan, with ducks and stuff - beats Markeaton Park.

"Near" Wigan. Markeaton Park is IN Derby. Near Derby you've the whole dales! ? 

2 hours ago, King Kevin said:

Their best player was James? on loan from Chelsea .FL made a bee line for him straight after the whistle love him here next season .Can't see it though.

Yes, i noticed that.

i wouldn't be surprised if he is here next season for that very reason. 

10 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Couldn't see him fitting in at Burnley & Brighton unless they have different managers, if all reported clubs are indeed interested in him, I reckon he'd go to Celtic or Rangers.  Live like a king for three seasons, and a guaranteed crack at silverware every year.  Saying that, with him being an attacking midfielder, we have an ace in the hole with The Frank Effect...

Can't see him dropping all the way down to that level....

14 hours ago, Inglorius said:

Our record in the transfer market has been at best poor at worst abysmal.

Under Lampard?

I've always held that if you can maintain a 50/50 good to bad signings ratio you've done okay as a manager - There aren't that many who do better - It's just unfortunate when the ones that cost you the most money turn out to be in your 'bad' 50%

I actually think we might be better than 50/50 over the last few years too

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

Under Lampard?

I actually think we might be better than 50/50 over the last few years too

Who then? 

Marriott was nailed on, but now? Waghorn has had one good game and bits in some, but was a snip at £5m. Holmes? Evans? Malone? easy to say no as yes for them.

Loans have been the best of the lot but bottom line is they do better for their own ambitions than ours, unless we get promoted.

Archived