Soft Transfer Embargo

DCFC1388

Gibson wants the EFL to probe Villa along with Derby and Sheffield Wednesday over alleged 'rule breaking' in terms of financial regulations - a move which could cause big fractions between the clubs.

The 61-year-old believes the three clubs are bypassing the new profitability and sustainability rules and has arranged a special meeting of all Championship clubs next week.

The Boro supermo is also keen to pressurise the EFL into ensuring they enforce their own rules and that sanctions are imposed on rule breakers.

should put the cat amongst the pigeons

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Leveller said:

It’s not the nature of the transaction (stadium sale to a connected party) that is in question; its the highly dubious hike in value and extremely handy profit that has been thus manufactured. Other clubs like Boro and Bristol City have sold major players to keep within the FFP rules, while Derby and Villa seem to be allowed to take the mickey and get away with it.

We've sold over 40 million quids worth of players in the last couple of season's and sold a manager for 2 mill as well.  Boro spent an absolute fortune last summer .  Your talking drivel me old china.

7 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Gibson wants the EFL to probe Villa along with Derby and Sheffield Wednesday over alleged 'rule breaking' in terms of financial regulations - a move which could cause big fractions between the clubs.

The 61-year-old believes the three clubs are bypassing the new profitability and sustainability rules and has arranged a special meeting of all Championship clubs next week.

The Boro supermo is also keen to pressurise the EFL into ensuring they enforce their own rules and that sanctions are imposed on rule breakers.

should put the cat amongst the pigeons

We all read this hours ago! ?

8 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

May be wrong but I am pretty sure planning permissions can significantly increase the value of land and buildings. 

If its the east stand development you're referring to, then i don't think that they've got planning permission yet - unless i've missed something. 

Planning permission to develop land - yes i'd agree.

35 minutes ago, RamNut said:

If its the east stand development you're referring to, then i don't think that they've got planning permission yet - unless i've missed something. 

Planning permission to develop land - yes i'd agree.

No idea what land/buildings are included in the sale, and not that bothered to try and find out on Land Registry!

I know it all seems very convenient and too good to be true but, knowing that this would come under scrutiny, I doubt any professional is going to have put their neck on the line.

7 hours ago, Spanish said:

nope there is a rule which they broke and got fined

Which arguably we have also broken.

Paragraph 3.4 of Section 2 – Membership states: “In all matters and transactions relating to The League each Club shall behave towards each other Club and The League with the utmost good faith.”

It could easily be argued that exploiting FFP breaks the rule above. I personally don't care, but I wouldn't be surprised to see retrospective action from the Football League.

20 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

Paragraph 3.4 of Section 2 – Membership states: “In all matters and transactions relating to The League each Club shall behave towards each other Club and The League with the utmost good faith.”

It could easily be argued that exploiting FFP breaks the rule above. I personally don't care, but I wouldn't be surprised to see retrospective action from the Football League.

ryan reynolds ugh GIF

Sith Happens
24 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

Not worth worrying about. If anyone took the good faith rule seriously forest would have been bounced down to the vanarama years ago.

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

Not worth worrying about. If anyone took the good faith rule seriously forest would have been bounced down to the vanarama years ago.

Rest assured, I still sleep at night.

My point was that people were quick to call out Leeds and Bielsa for spygate. Comparisons can be made with our loophole accounting to avoid FFP sanctions...

Archived