DCFC Fans Forum POTY Award 18/19

David

DCFC Fans Forum POTY Award 18/19  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

That's the reason he just misses out. My judgement is based on the entire season rather than the past few months

Yep, understood, as is mine. He was a decent player to start with, but has developed throughout the season and now to me stands out as the better of the two centre halves. Tough on Keogh, who had my vote for the majority of the season and comes a very close second.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

I went for Tomori simply because of his development and improvement this season. A totally different player to the one that arrived. He could now play in the Premier League. Had a great season. 

I was a bit torn because Tomori has improved so much and is my favourite player at the moment. 

However, he did have a shaky start, and still has his moments whereas Keogh has been great all season - organizing the younger players, many last ditch clearances and blocks, pretty good in the air, covering both right and left sides when the others have gone upfield, his own surging runs through midfield when we've looked sluggish. I think it's been Keogh's most consistent season in a Derby shirt. 

AND he has desire and commitment, @Yojimbo

1 hour ago, Yojimbo said:

Tbh, I expect more of a professional footballer than just desire and commitment.

so do I. I expect quality. I voted Keogh because he has saved us several occasions with great tackles, he wins about 80/90 per cent headers every match. He starts off attacks and is committed every single match. I can't think of a player who has been better than him this season. My opinion of course. 

What tells you a lot about this season is the voting in a poll like this. The choices seem to be maybe 2 or 3 players. How about the others? Too many players have been average and patchy this season. Same last season also. Compare it to another good season...95/96....13/14..We would be praising several players and there would be several candidates for this sort of recognition. 

We have a lot of players who do well one game, then not another.  

Voted Tomori but would be happy to see Keogh win it as he’d be my second choice.

Can’t help but feel we’ve been a bit harsh on Wilson though. He’s carried us at times this season and has arguably been the player that has won us the most points. That goal at Old Trafford is worth a suggestion alone.

2 hours ago, angieram said:

I was a bit torn because Tomori has improved so much and is my favourite player at the moment. 

However, he did have a shaky start, and still has his moments whereas Keogh has been great all season - organizing the younger players, many last ditch clearances and blocks, pretty good in the air, covering both right and left sides when the others have gone upfield, his own surging runs through midfield when we've looked sluggish. I think it's been Keogh's most consistent season in a Derby shirt. 

AND he has desire and commitment, @Yojimbo

Yeah you’re right. I might change back!

Voted Tomori on both. 

Can understand why some will only vote for our “own” players, but for me the question does not exclude loanees, it’s who has been our player of the season.

Tomori has been our player for the season and for me our best player of the season, I’m not loanist. He deserves it. 

Bogle obviously young player of the season, goes without saying. 

Special mention to Mount, if not for the injuries you would like to think he would have been right up there.

Tomori has been a revelation in the 2nd half of this season and like Mount, is destined to play at a higher level. Across the entire season though, for me, it has to be Keogh. He makes the funny little minority who set out to demean him every season look very silly and he does so year after year. Jayden a shoo-in for YPOTY.

Archived