Whip round

King Kevin

Sat there yesterday woundering if the Derby players had thought about a whip round for their fellow professionals.I assume Bolton paid to fulfill the fixture ,travel etc. but I thought fair play to the Bolton players for a decent effort in the circumstances.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

Poor little mites.

Willing to bet the lowest players at Bolton will earn 5 grand a week. 

Im sure they will manage.

9 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Sat there yesterday woundering if the Derby players had thought about a whip round for their fellow professionals.I assume Bolton paid to fulfill the fixture ,travel etc. but I thought fair play to the Bolton players for a decent effort in the circumstances.

Doesn’t the PFA step in?

I think we should count ourselves lucky,if Rowett was still manager some of Bolton’s players might have been on our payroll,Donaldson is pure Rowett.

Reckon the Bolton players should be putting their hands in their pockets and paying their supporters travel - least they could do as they were pretty poor.

Seems a long time ago when they had the likes of JJ Okocha, Djorkaeff and Anelka turning out for them.....

5 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Poor little mites.

Willing to bet the lowest players at Bolton will earn 5 grand a week. 

Im sure they will manage.

It's all realative ,I'm sure they like most of us live to our means. Regardless of what we think if they are overpaid or not, they get the going rate for the job .

Sith Happens
Just now, King Kevin said:

It's all realative ,I'm sure they like most of us live to our means. Regardless of what we think if they are overpaid or not, they get the going rate for the job .

Shall we have a whip round for all the fans on jsa who struggle to put food on the table!

Didn't I read last week that the EFL have given them (The club, not the players) an advance on this season's prize money, so they can meet their obligations until this "new buyer" stuff is sorted.  I believe this included ensuring staff wages was now paid up to date (end of March).

Sith Happens
Just now, King Kevin said:

If you like you start it off.

Of course not, but the players will be ok, they will get their thousands before lower paid staff at the club. 

14 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Didn't I read last week that the EFL have given them (The club, not the players) an advance on this season's prize money, so they can meet their obligations until this "new buyer" stuff is sorted.  I believe this included ensuring staff wages was now paid up to date (end of March).

You get prizes for finishing second from bottom and getting relegated?

Forget the playoffs in that case then who needs them 

1 minute ago, Inglorius said:

You get prizes for finishing second from bottom and getting relegated?

Forget the playoffs in that case then who needs them 

Couldn't find anything regarding prize money for the Championship, but you get around £2,000,000 per place in the Prem, so top could iwn £40,000,000 and bottom gets £2,000,000. Last year bottom place got around £100,000,000 for finishing last, which shows how worthless the prize money is to the Prem, as most of that is made up of the tv deals. 

Wouldnt have thought second to last would be getting much in the Championship though. Wouldn't have thought second to top would win that much either really.

33 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

My (big!) mistake...

It was an advance (Not sure for what, but it was £160k) "to ensure the Ipswich game went ahead"... so not related to wages, it seems...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47853058

13 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Shall we have a whip round for all the fans on jsa who struggle to put food on the table!

If you're on JSA you really shouldn't be wasting £25-£35 watching your team.  It's like the people I see dressed in tracksuits that haven't been washed in weeks, wasting £20 on lotto tickets & scratch cards.  If you've got money to waste like that, you don't need a lottery win...

39 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

If you're on JSA you really shouldn't be wasting £25-£35 watching your team.  It's like the people I see dressed in tracksuits that haven't been washed in weeks, wasting £20 on lotto tickets & scratch cards.  If you've got money to waste like that, you don't need a lottery win...

It was a tenner actually... and one card gave me a free shot at another, so I nearly won summat!

...and as for the tracksuit, it was only just 2 weeks... they went in the wash that very evening!

Jeez!  Yer snooty git!  Tell everyone, why dontcha! 

Archived