BurtonRam7

Short Corners

5 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Stop moaning when we go short. It clearly works. Love turning round and giving someone a good stare when one goes in after they’ve moaned.

Haha. You might have been in front of me.

"Why do we keep taking these short corners, they're just not working ..... oh fantastic goal, I love these short corners!"

29 minutes ago, ck- said:

Haha. You might have been in front of me.

"Why do we keep taking these short corners, they're just not working ..... oh fantastic goal, I love these short corners!"

You might have been haha! Where did you sit?

1 hour ago, BurtonRam7 said:

You might have been haha! Where did you sit?

Proper whiney territory - West Stand upper.

But I'm probably the most happy clapper in there. Spent most of the second half persuading people we'll beat Bristol away.

6 minutes ago, ck- said:

Proper whiney territory - West Stand upper.

But I'm probably the most happy clapper in there. Spent most of the second half persuading people we'll beat Bristol away.

Don't say that. We are moving their next season. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Don't say that. We are moving their next season. 

It's OK actually. No-one joins in the chanting, but it's reasonable atmosphere and mostly positive.

Where are you moving to?

3 minutes ago, ck- said:

It's OK actually. No-one joins in the chanting, but it's reasonable atmosphere and mostly positive.

Where are you moving to?

Block O, I think.

1 hour ago, ck- said:

Where are you moving to?

What do you mean nobody joins in with the chanting. I definitely saw someone sat in the middle of the west upper joining in with the bounce.

12 hours ago, 1of4 said:

What do you mean nobody joins in with the chanting. I definitely saw someone sat in the middle of the west upper joining in with the bounce.

'He's one of our own...'

22 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Don’t get why you’d moan about it. Thought it looked well rehearsed yesterday and made perfect factual sense give the relative sizes of the teams. We were never going to score lobbing it into the box, far better to catch them out be playing it short and passing around them. Was impressed with them yesterday, clearly been worked on in training which is good to see.

Because they prefer the way Stoke boot the ball up in the air, and then boot the ball down the field

Read a stat that was something like only 2 or 3 % of corners result in a goal. (football wide not derby). It's in line with shots from outside the box.

The one good thing about short corners is,  we bring 1 man out of the box, and they often bring two defenders out in reaction. Evens up the numbers in the area.

No issue with the short corners, and it does make sense when in general we are horrendous at attacking corners. I think a more even balance may help though, we finally got one to work, but you could tell first half Bolton knew it was going to Cole after we tried it about 4 times in 10 minutes. Lucky for us though, they clearly have short memories and forgot that's what we were going to do second half.

5 minutes ago, UTFR said:

Read a stat that was something like only 2 or 3 % of corners result in a goal. (football wide not derby). It's in line with shots from outside the box.

The one good thing about short corners is,  we bring 1 man out of the box, and they often bring two defenders out in reaction. Evens up the numbers in the area.

5 minutes ago, UTFR said:

I agree, but recently when the opposition defence have only brought 1 defender out, we were still lumping out in, which seemed pointless. 

However, against Bolton, they brought out 2 defenders and we continued to take it short without success. Just when I moaned to my mate that it wasn't working and we should link it in, to take advantage of less defenders in the box, it worked. 

Is quite easy to look stupid at times.