Short Corners

DarkFruitsRam7

6 minutes ago, ck- said:

Proper whiney territory - West Stand upper.

But I'm probably the most happy clapper in there. Spent most of the second half persuading people we'll beat Bristol away.

Don't say that. We are moving their next season. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, angieram said:

Don't say that. We are moving their next season. 

It's OK actually. No-one joins in the chanting, but it's reasonable atmosphere and mostly positive.

Where are you moving to?

1 hour ago, ck- said:

It's OK actually. No-one joins in the chanting, but it's reasonable atmosphere and mostly positive.

Where are you moving to?

What do you mean nobody joins in with the chanting. I definitely saw someone sat in the middle of the west upper joining in with the bounce.

22 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Don’t get why you’d moan about it. Thought it looked well rehearsed yesterday and made perfect factual sense give the relative sizes of the teams. We were never going to score lobbing it into the box, far better to catch them out be playing it short and passing around them. Was impressed with them yesterday, clearly been worked on in training which is good to see.

Because they prefer the way Stoke boot the ball up in the air, and then boot the ball down the field

Read a stat that was something like only 2 or 3 % of corners result in a goal. (football wide not derby). It's in line with shots from outside the box.

The one good thing about short corners is,  we bring 1 man out of the box, and they often bring two defenders out in reaction. Evens up the numbers in the area.

No issue with the short corners, and it does make sense when in general we are horrendous at attacking corners. I think a more even balance may help though, we finally got one to work, but you could tell first half Bolton knew it was going to Cole after we tried it about 4 times in 10 minutes. Lucky for us though, they clearly have short memories and forgot that's what we were going to do second half.

5 minutes ago, UTFR said:

Read a stat that was something like only 2 or 3 % of corners result in a goal. (football wide not derby). It's in line with shots from outside the box.

The one good thing about short corners is,  we bring 1 man out of the box, and they often bring two defenders out in reaction. Evens up the numbers in the area.

5 minutes ago, UTFR said:

I agree, but recently when the opposition defence have only brought 1 defender out, we were still lumping out in, which seemed pointless. 

However, against Bolton, they brought out 2 defenders and we continued to take it short without success. Just when I moaned to my mate that it wasn't working and we should link it in, to take advantage of less defenders in the box, it worked. 

Is quite easy to look stupid at times. 

The thing with short corners is you have to keep possession. If your CB's go up for the header and you lose the ball out on the wing you are very vulnerable to a quick counter, and they have players out already.

Thought against Bolton we could have mixed it up a bit more. Better teams would have sussed it out much sooner.

50 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

The thing with short corners is you have to keep possession. If your CB's go up for the header and you lose the ball out on the wing you are very vulnerable to a quick counter, and they have players out already.

Thought against Bolton we could have mixed it up a bit more. Better teams would have sussed it out much sooner.

I felt it was a tactical decision by Bolton. Every time Cole received it on the edge, he'd cross it into the back post and set up to defend those crosses rather than the corners. What they didn't expect was for Cole to thread a through ball into Mount in the area

Archived