Bryson

DarkFruitsRam7

1 minute ago, angieram said:

Sorry, but dismissive sweeping comments like this are exactly why he and other players feel the need to cup the hand. 

He's been inconsistent but has had some good performances too.

When? I can’t remember him having a game I’d genuinely deem above average since notts county in pre season.

He doesn’t have enough influence for a central midfielder, even yesterday mount has twice as many touches as him, in fact only two players touched the ball less and one was Roos! As a centre mid to be having a good game you’ve got to be stamping your authority on the game and controlling it as mount and Johnson did yesterday, can’t hide like Bryson does. 

Don’t think I’ve ever blamed Bryson for it, I think he’s just got older and he’s not as good anymore. Is what it is, but if he wants to prove me wrong in that he needs to show some proper influence, not score one (very good) finish and then cup his ears like he’s always been Lionel messi.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem I had with him - from early January, to his worst ever performance in a Derby shirt, imo, at Brighton, right up until yesterday - was he was hiding. Hiding behind oppostion players, hiding away from the ball, playing it far too safely.

Stop cupping your ears at people who have done nothing but support you as a whole and get games by the scruff of the neck again and start showing and moving forwards.

31 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Surely that’s the best approach though? Voice your opinion online but give them 100% backing during the game, even singing their name. I don’t agree with people slamming someone as soon as they see their name on the team sheet but players can’t expect to be immune from criticism when they’ve been average throughout the season.

I love Brys for all he’s done for the club, but you can’t act like you’ve proven people wrong after scoring a goal against a terrible Bolton side. I was absolutely buzzing when he put it in the net but it really took the gloss off when he cupped his ears.

Let’s just hope he scores another before he goes and all parties can enjoy it and celebrate his achievements.

Bryson wouldn’t have cupped his ear because a few fans said he has had an average season online, players will know how well they have played and I’m sure many are their own biggest critics.

But clearly the criticism has gone way too far, cross the line of what’s acceptable where he feels the need to give some back, you know the fans who it’s aimed at so don’t take it personally. 

Whilst social media is a thing, it will never change, it’s part of football now and I expect this same discussion will come up every season with different players.

7 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

@Millenniumram when he saw this thread this morning

giphy.gif

Trust me I don’t enjoy seeing someone that’s given as much to the club as Bryson turn into what he has this season, but I’m not going to defend him based on what he did years ago. I’d rather see every derby playing doing well, but I have to take exception to a player who’s had little to no impact all season acting the big one. Focus on your game Craig and watch mount from yesterday, watch his influence not just his goals and play like that, then you’ll have me apologising for any comments I’ve made.

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Trust me I don’t enjoy seeing someone that’s given as much to the club as Bryson turn into what he has this season, but I’m not going to defend him based on what he did years ago. I’d rather see every derby playing doing well, but I have to take exception to a player who’s had little to no impact all season acting the big one. Focus on your game Craig and watch mount from yesterday, watch his influence not just his goals and play like that, then you’ll have me apologising for any comments I’ve made.

Acting the big one? Come on you cant have been that bothered about it, had you been you would have been all over it in the match day thread. You probably didn't even know he did it until Burton pointed it out, it was that insignificant.

You also say he had a bang level par performance, so on that basis I would assume if you were giving marks out of 10 then you would give 5? 5 being bang average.

Anybody that abuses Bryson really needs to give their head a shake.

The bloke has given his all for our club but has been played out of position for the majority of the season.

He is not a defensive midfielder and shows time and time again that when he does get up front, he is dangerous and could still do a job for us.

Let the manager and coaching staff decide if he isn't good enough anymore or if somebody else could do a better job and get behind the players.

It would be a crying shame if Bryson were to leave at the end of the season feeling that he is glad to get away from the place after all he has done.

We all know that players have a shelf life, but that doesn't mean we have to be abusive or spiteful when their time comes.

2 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Anyone else think Bryson was a bit unjustified in giving it to the North Stand after the goal? 

People give him stick on Twitter and the forums, but where else are you meant to suggest that a player could be doing better? I’m sure he’d admit that he’s not had his best season. I don’t ever recall him actually getting stuck from the crowd, and we sing his song pretty much every time he plays. 

It would be a big shame if he celebrated what could well be his last ever goal for the club with a cupped ear. 

Agree pal, he likes stuff on twitter of people slagging him off, he’s been my favourite Derby player he is for me a genuine legend. He does so much for derby as a community that goes unnoticed aswell.

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Acting the big one? Come on you cant have been that bothered about it, had you been you would have been all over it in the match day thread. You probably didn't even know he did it until Burton pointed it out, it was that insignificant.

You also say he had a bang level par performance, so on that basis I would assume if you were giving marks out of 10 then you would give 5? 5 being bang average.

I didn’t see it as I’m not in the north stand, but I saw it this morning on the photos from the game and it irked me I’m not going to lie. Doesn’t show a particularly good attitude to me, if it was unwarranted scapegoating I’d understand it, but there was nothing given to him at the game, all anyone (including me) was doing was chanting his name.

I did do ratings and I gave him a 7, which for me is a good “par” performance which is exactly what I thought he gave. And I said as much that he had a better game, just wasn’t anything spectacular enough to warrant the war cupping. Also, as a mathematician, “bang average” would not nesserecily imply the median value, given that is one of the less useful averages, particularly in this case where the players ratings would unlikely be uniformly distributed?

Derby fans are the most fickle I’ve ever care across

frank lampard plays him nearly every game when fit in a position that Craig probably doesn’t enjoy or revel in , he wants to get forward but mason mount is the guy doing that   however sometime u have to play in a position for the benefit of the club and he does that week in week out and just gets on with it but some of the stick he gets is ridiculous  and whatever he does at end of the season whether that’s staying with derby or moving on he will Continue to give his all , I’d love to see him play further forward and so would he probably but time will tell where that will be 

12 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I didn’t see it as I’m not in the north stand, but I saw it this morning on the photos from the game and it irked me I’m not going to lie. Doesn’t show a particularly good attitude to me, if it was unwarranted scapegoating I’d understand it, but there was nothing given to him at the game, all anyone (including me) was doing was chanting his name.

I did do ratings and I gave him a 7, which for me is a good “par” performance which is exactly what I thought he gave. And I said as much that he had a better game, just wasn’t anything spectacular enough to warrant the war cupping. Also, as a mathematician, “bang average” would not nesserecily imply the median value, given that is one of the less useful averages, particularly in this case where the players ratings would unlikely be uniformly distributed?

Do you think this is warranted? Tagging the player to ensure he sees it. 

I would imagine these are the types of comments that players feel the need to cup the ears to.

I’m sure this isn’t the only one, whoever is behind the clubs twitter account will have seen them all, they haven’t posted this over one comment. Clearly there has been a significant amount to cause this reaction.

As fans if we’re prepared to give it, be prepared to take it. 

Sith Happens
15 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Well it's a good thing you are a Mathematician and not an English Teacher ? I'd say 7 is an above average performance but that is just opinion, I am sure as a Mathematician however you made sure you deducted the 1 point for 'being Craig Bryson'

1 minute ago, David said:

Do you think this is warranted? Tagging the player to ensure he sees it. 

I would imagine these are the types of comments that players feel the need to cup the ears to.

I’m sure this isn’t the only one, whoever is behind the clubs twitter account will have seen them all, they haven’t posted this over one comment. Clearly there has been a significant amount to cause this reaction.

As fans if we’re prepared to give it, be prepared to take it. 

No I don’t think that’s particularly warranted, but it’s the odd idiot on Twitter ffs, it’s not like he was getting the stick at the match that others do. Just don’t think that’s the way to react to fans who almost entirely at the match had been right behind him. You’re right fans have to take it back and I’m more than willing too when it’s warranted, just didn’t seem to be there 

Just now, Millenniumram said:

No I don’t think that’s particularly warranted, but it’s the odd idiot on Twitter ffs, it’s not like he was getting the stick at the match that others do. Just don’t think that’s the way to react to fans who almost entirely at the match had been right behind him. You’re right fans have to take it back and I’m more than willing too when it’s warranted, just didn’t seem to be there 

Is it the odd one? I haven’t searched long enough, but it’s not just Twitter, you also have Facebook and Instagram before you even consider forums. 

Don’t use Facebook myself now, never really checked the club and fan pages. 

@valleyram might know if stuff on here gets back to players, as I say earlier Lampard mentioned they listen to Radio Derby, in terms of the fan base it will obviously still be a minority but I would be surprised if this whole reaction is from the odd idiot. 

It’s the tagging in of players (or other celebrities if you are discussing them in a negative light) that is the problem.  In the olden days, you would be in the pub, playground, workplace discussing the match and players and no doubt some would get some stick, but at least it never found its way to them.  The only thing they would see/hear is anything in the actual press or if it was being chanted at the ground.  There are many examples of players who have had stick from the crowd, but that is often the result of long periods of abject displays, problems at the club and so on.  While unpleasant, there is often at least some obvious ‘cause’ (real or perceived) for the crowd to have turned against a player.  

Even then, it’s unlikely a player like Bryson would have gotten large amounts of stick because even if he was past his best, the ‘crowd’ is full of enough sane/reasonable people that his past efforts would continue to count for something (as it should).  Furthermore, he is a player who has never shirked and always put a shift in.  Respect is due.

Nowadays, it is just so easy to have direct contact with a player.  Couple that with the general lack of consequence for saying almost anything on social media, the anonymity, the lack of effort it takes, etc etc and it is bound to start changing the relationship between player and fan.  It’s a massive shame.  I don’t know why players even bother to be have accounts TBH.

43 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Derby fans are the most fickle I’ve ever care across

frank lampard plays him nearly every game when fit in a position that Craig probably doesn’t enjoy or revel in , he wants to get forward but mason mount is the guy doing that   however sometime u have to play in a position for the benefit of the club and he does that week in week out and just gets on with it but some of the stick he gets is ridiculous  and whatever he does at end of the season whether that’s staying with derby or moving on he will Continue to give his all , I’d love to see him play further forward and so would he probably but time will tell where that will be 

Never been on LTLF then? They booed their team at half time and then full time ,one of the posters said he left at half time and had to queue to get out.

he's been a great servant for Derby and might have scored two or three yesterday.

Obviouly at his age his career with us will be winding down, and we need to reduce the wage bill but.....i just wish that he received the respect he deserves and has earned.

Archived