Bryson

DarkFruitsRam7

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

When? I can’t remember him having a game I’d genuinely deem above average since notts county

Blackburn (H), Brentford (H), United, Sheff Utd (H), Norwich (H), Sheff United (H), Bolton (H) are all matches where he IMO was at least 7 or 8 out of 10.

He’s also scored against Norwich and Sheff United (Home and Away).

Made an impact coming on against Brentford and deserved his starting place v Blackburn, many more games where he has been solid. But again a few where he hasn’t performed like Blackburn.

Hes not the player he was by any stretch and he won’t be at 32 but some of the criticism is over the top and has actually performed better than a lot have given him credit for.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Blackburn (H), Brentford (H), United, Sheff Utd (H), Norwich (H), Sheff United (H), Bolton (H) are all matches where he IMO was at least 7 or 8 out of 10.

He’s also scored against Norwich and Sheff United (Home and Away).

Made an impact coming on against Brentford and deserved his starting place v Blackburn, many more games where he has been solid. But again a few where he hasn’t performed like Blackburn.

Hes not the player he was by any stretch and he won’t be at 32 but some of the criticism is over the top and has actually performed better than a lot have given him credit for.

Must have different views on what constitutes a good game to me then mate, fair enough, I wouldn’t say he was any more than average in any of those games. I don’t think he’s been consistently awful, but he just doesn’t have any significant impact for me, and the odd goal don’t change that. Like I say however, we’re going to need him over the next couple of games, so let’s hope he can rise to the occasions!

I don't care how players choose to celebrate. A player could flip the bird at the South Stand in celebration and it wouldn't bother me, so long as his performance was decent and his effort unquestionable. By the same token, David Nugent seems like one of the nicest blokes around and always takes time to acknowledge the fans, but I still don't think he's good enough to be playing right now.

If David is correct and there are any players reading this forum, I would take this opportunity to ask what the duck you're doing with your lives? There must be umpteen coaches and analysts employed by the club who can give you far better insight in to how effective your performance has been if it's something that concerns you.

1 hour ago, valleyram said:

Derby fans are the most fickle I’ve ever care across

frank lampard plays him nearly every game when fit in a position that Craig probably doesn’t enjoy or revel in , he wants to get forward but mason mount is the guy doing that   however sometime u have to play in a position for the benefit of the club and he does that week in week out and just gets on with it but some of the stick he gets is ridiculous  and whatever he does at end of the season whether that’s staying with derby or moving on he will Continue to give his all , I’d love to see him play further forward and so would he probably but time will tell where that will be 

This I think is fair. Wasn't one of Craig's best performances in one of our cup games where he held back to allow the more forward guys more freedom?

Might have been Manu or maybe Southampton away I'm thinking of....

I love it when players, who have received stick from faceless people online, give some back. Then you get the responses from those same people who feel it's an affront to be critical of those who have given them some stick in return (albeit an extremely mild form).

To those who do feel as though they've been "disrespected" all I would say is - GROW UP!

1 hour ago, David said:

Is it the odd one? I haven’t searched long enough, but it’s not just Twitter, you also have Facebook and Instagram before you even consider forums. 

Don’t use Facebook myself now, never really checked the club and fan pages. 

@valleyram might know if stuff on here gets back to players, as I say earlier Lampard mentioned they listen to Radio Derby, in terms of the fan base it will obviously still be a minority but I would be surprised if this whole reaction is from the odd idiot. 

I don’t know tbf, I don’t look at those sort of pages and I’d probably recommend players to do the same. I suspect you’re right, there’s probably quite a few on there, but the proportion of morons on there is larger to start with so it’s no surprise. But it’s still a minority like you say, especially of fans whod actually go to a match, so to tarnish everyone with the same brush is ludicrous imo. Be like if a couple of our players had a bust up but we decided to boo the whole team about it, even tho almost none of them were involved. 

As I say, I don’t really care about the celebration, don’t hurt me and I doubt it hurt anyone in the stands. Just doesn’t seem the right sort of attitude to me, seems a bit toys out the pram. Rather he focused on improving his game and having more influence than having a go at the fans imo who’ve turned up in their droves to watch some pretty appalling games this season, and 95% of which are decent people who don’t abuse people on Twitter.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Well it's a good thing you are a Mathematician and not an English Teacher ? I'd say 7 is an above average performance but that is just opinion, I am sure as a Mathematician however you made sure you deducted the 1 point for 'being Craig Bryson'

Autocorrect accepted those spellings so clearly used to my inadequacies...?. All depends how you scale it, I generally deem 6/7 to be par for a performance and I deemed Bryson at the upper end of that. Certainly never judge players based on who they are, I mean I love Holmes but I’d have given him about a 3 the other night as he was awful, tho frank now seemed to suggest he was injured.

1 hour ago, LazloW said:

In the olden days, you would be in the pub, playground, workplace discussing the match and players and no doubt some would get some stick, but at least it never found its way to them.  

Thats right, we all knew a moaner or two in the pub, or annoyingly sat behind us at the game, but these days they all gather together in cyberspace to moan in virtual earshot of the player Players shouldn't pay attention, but some will, and some will be upset by it.

Bryson get a lot of stick for the type of player he is. When atacking he thrives on running into space towards the opponents area, when we are struggling against a well organised team he makes little impact. Whilst the whole team is struggling he is picked out as being unlikley to create something from nothing. He doe seem to have slowed, and seems to be a little late to the tackle recently, but still puts in a massive shift. He was involed with the move he scored from on the left of the goal, moved central whilst the ball was being recycled and smashed it in from the right side of the goal.

I'd be delighted if he cupped his ears at me after scoring a 93rd minute winner at Wembley.

I think the key issue here is that fans online and on the radio need to acknowledge there's a difference in voicing your opinion and offering criticism and saying things like "well I'm going to kill myself we're playing this absolute pile of poo again." - which may not be the words anyone uses but is certainly the tone of a lot of Bryson related "criticism" ? 

Bryson has not been good this season (but was excellent yesterday). In fact, I think he's been the largest factor in many of our lackluster performances. But it seems, based on what I see online, that a lot of football fans don't understand the difference between being critical and being abusive.

For myself and 98 percent of fans Bryson, has been an excellent signing, giving his all every time he plays, maybe he is not the player he was, but he never hides and is still one of the best Derby players of the last 7 years, loved his goal yesterday, and thought he played well, getting into the box and and time again, he will be a important part of our team now in the run in, so let's get behind him and the team, like we did yesterday.

I remember when BJ was public enemy number 1 a few seasons ago. He was widely derided and I have to say I was embarrassed to be a Derby fan when he was subbed and received a barrage of abuse and ironic cheers as he walked off. 

He still gets stick now and again but he can stay next year for me. 

As for his goofy pulling his ears out goal celebration that he does I can’t make up my mind if he started doing it after the subbing or if he’s always done it.

But one thing about BJ is that he doesn’t show it if the abuse gets to him.

Archived