Bryson

DarkFruitsRam7

Anyone else think Bryson was a bit unjustified in giving it to the North Stand after the goal? 

People give him stick on Twitter and the forums, but where else are you meant to suggest that a player could be doing better? I’m sure he’d admit that he’s not had his best season. I don’t ever recall him actually getting stuck from the crowd, and we sing his song pretty much every time he plays. 

It would be a big shame if he celebrated what could well be his last ever goal for the club with a cupped ear. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed that 

would be a crying shame and more so that a guy who’s given such service to the club feels the need to do that 

it is a small concern, not the end of the world at all just a bit sad that like Lawrence has done , there’s been that “stick it to them” after celebrating a goal 

not the big lovin that u want, pulling in the same direction and all that 

I assume it’s to the haters who have nothing but negatively pouring out of them 

I am too far away in the East Stand to see what he did, but I did note that he looked very glum after scoring and it all seemed very anticlimactic.  It isn’t something I like to see and it is very sad if Craig feels like he is being overly criticised by some sections of the fanbase.  

It is fair to say that his overall level of performance and effectiveness has waned a bit this season, but even if only for his past contributions you would hope that people would treat him with some degree of respect.

Ok I admit it’s my fault. ? I work with his friend and I’ve said many times he’s not the player he was, I used to be a massive fan but he’s had his day now. He knows it himself though and he’s not staying, he’s moving his family back to Scotland but he would like to say goodbye in the right way. I’ve never voiced any objection to him from the stands though. 

Said it time and time again, players read what fans say about them online. Lampard even recently revealed they listen to Radio Derby.

All this I’ll support them in the ground but online or on the radio I’ll say what I like, ok, but they see it just remember that. Bryson and Lawrence have proven that this year both feeling the need to give some back.

Is it fair on the fans that don’t participate online? Of course not and as you say it will be a shame if that’s his last goal celebration for the club given the length of service. 

The players only feel your support for 90 minutes during the game, where as they take in all the stick online, on the radio through the week, it’s going to effect you.

Let’s be honest, the best reply to any criticism is sticking the ball in the net and cupping the ear.

I like to think Bryson was looking directly at @Millenniumram, makes it even more amusing ?

29 minutes ago, David said:

Said it time and time again, players read what fans say about them online. Lampard even recently revealed they listen to Radio Derby.

All this I’ll support them in the ground but online or on the radio I’ll say what I like, ok, but they see it just remember that. Bryson and Lawrence have proven that this year both feeling the need to give some back.

Is it fair on the fans that don’t participate online? Of course not and as you say it will be a shame if that’s his last goal celebration for the club given the length of service. 

The players only feel your support for 90 minutes during the game, where as they take in all the stick online, on the radio through the week, it’s going to effect you.

Let’s be honest, the best reply to any criticism is sticking the ball in the net and cupping the ear.

I like to think Bryson was looking directly at @Millenniumram, makes it even more amusing ?

Errrr excuse me, north stand?! With my prawn sandwiches? I think not?

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Errrr excuse me, north stand?! With my prawn sandwiches? I think not?

You’re not the one I heard in the West Stand shouting “Come on boo boo” just before we went 4-0 are you?

35 minutes ago, David said:

Surely that’s the best approach though? Voice your opinion online but give them 100% backing during the game, even singing their name. I don’t agree with people slamming someone as soon as they see their name on the team sheet but players can’t expect to be immune from criticism when they’ve been average throughout the season.

I love Brys for all he’s done for the club, but you can’t act like you’ve proven people wrong after scoring a goal against a terrible Bolton side. I was absolutely buzzing when he put it in the net but it really took the gloss off when he cupped his ears.

Let’s just hope he scores another before he goes and all parties can enjoy it and celebrate his achievements.

Lawrence took some stick from the lower east stand again yesterday.  He gave them the long stare.

When the game had stopped for an injury he played catch with the ball with a young fan in the front row, near to where the shouts had come from. 

He has cupped his ears in games before, but I thought this was a good reaction, it kinda showed he wasn’t effected by it.

8 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Surely that’s the best approach though? Voice your opinion online but give them 100% backing during the game, even singing their name. I don’t agree with people slamming someone as soon as they see their name on the team sheet but players can’t expect to be immune from criticism when they’ve been average throughout the season.

I love Brys for all he’s done for the club, but you can’t act like you’ve proven people wrong after scoring a goal against a terrible Bolton side. I was absolutely buzzing when he put it in the net but it really took the gloss off when he cupped his ears.

Let’s just hope he scores another before he goes and all parties can enjoy it and celebrate his achievements.

Especially as Mount says he admitted it was a cross afterwards! 

I was a bit disappointed when he did that right in front of us; I  try to be honest about players' performances and Bryson is self-aware enough to know he's been inconsistent.  Strangely, he is one of the few players who I think the fans at games have never stopped encouraging and supporting. 

There's not many games when his song hasn't been sung,  home or away and he got a great reception at Brentford only two games ago.

If anyone has a cause for complaint it is Tom Lawrence, but as @Boycie says, he deserves the plaudits for his interaction with the young fan yesterday.

9 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Lawrence took some stick from the lower east stand again yesterday.  He gave them the long stare.

When the game had stopped for an injury he played catch with the ball with a young fan in the front row, near to where the shouts had come from. 

He has cupped his ears in games before, but I thought this was a good reaction, it kinda showed he wasn’t effected by it.

I posted this in another thread, probably more suited to this one.

“They shouted “come on Tom” that was it, no abuse, no swearing, Tom took it the wrong way and got mardy, more people then started doing it and he kept looking over and people were laughing. When he made the assist for mounts goal he sat on the floor looked over and nodded.”

Didn’t like to see that from Bryson at all to get back on topic. He’s been pretty rank poor and ineffective all season so he’s hardly got undue criticism, I’ve hardly seen anything the likes of Lawrence or Keogh get online either, he’s protected by his hattrick against forest. All that celebration shows to me is he doesn’t recognise that he’s not playing well enough and is more focused on giving it back to the fans than actually improving himself and properly proving them wrong. Because 1 goal and a level par performance against Bolton doesn’t change my view he’s finished at this level. 

But, with Holmes out, were likely gonna need him over the easter period so let’s hope he focuses less on online comments and more on improving his own performances so he starts influencing games more. 

Bryson and Lawrence are two players who have almost had as much stick as Keogh this season. Some of it justified but most of it unjustified. Bryson was doing well before he got injured in October. Probably frustration that’s boiled over. Had no problem with Lawrence doing it, have no problem with Bryson doing it either. Shows some fighting spirit. Players are human after all, we seem to forget that sometimes.

It might well be their way to fire themselves up to perform better. If so I’m even more for it.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

. He’s been pretty rank poor and ineffective all season 

Sorry, but dismissive sweeping comments like this are exactly why he and other players feel the need to cup the hand. 

He's been inconsistent but has had some good performances too.

1 minute ago, angieram said:

Sorry, but dismissive sweeping comments like this are exactly why he and other players feel the need to cup the hand. 

He's been inconsistent but has had some good performances too.

Well said. I think he’s past the peak of his powers and admit Blackburn performance is starting to make me think we move on from him next season but he has played well at times this season, especially earlier in the season, he’s not been anywhere near as bad as some make out.

You wouldn’t put it past him to play a key role in the run in.

Archived