RIP Paul Raymond

WharfedaleRam

Just heard of the untimely death of Paul Raymond, keyboard player and rhythm guitarist with UFO. Saw the gig at Newcastle a couple of weeks ago - he and the band were fantastic. A packed house and a great 90 minute set. First gig I saw in 1979 again in Newcastle. Best hard rock band IMHO and great shame in Phil Mogg’s farewell tour. RIP Paul. 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, coneheadjohn said:

UFO with Schenker was something special.

When they split around 1980 or so, each was coincidentally booked at the Derby Assembly Rooms within a week or two of each other, so they both did similar sets.

I actually thought Schenker was the better musician but my mate Neck thought otherwise....?

3 hours ago, HantsRam said:

When they split around 1980 or so, each was coincidentally booked at the Derby Assembly Rooms within a week or two of each other, so they both did similar sets.

I actually thought Schenker was the better musician but my mate Neck thought otherwise....?

All round Paul Raymond is probably a better musician as a guitarist Schenker is one of the best especially now he’s sober.

Mind you I’ve seen him play an amazing gig where he could barely stand up and wondered how he did it.

Archived