Birmingham City vs Derby County

cannable

A tough game, and a good point in the end, could have been a victory if Tomori took his chance, but in the end we showed fighting spirit, and Waghorn hit a great goal, thought Cole was man of the match, but also thought Bryson had a good game, still all to play for, think it will go down to the last game of the season, Bristol and Boro, have 2 tough games coming up on Monday, think Wednesday will beat Bristol City, and could the red dogs do us a favour and beat Boro, all to play for, can not wait till QPR on Monday, think we will win that one, then onto Bristol City which will be tough game, a great end to the season awaits us.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

You mention Lawrence and Bryson? What about Wilson?

Extremely poor however I won't pick on a player who on multiple times this season has single handedly bought us back into games or has won us games.

I have more of an issue with Bryson, who I genuinely believe offers nothing and we are carrying him in this setup.

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I am total guttied about today that we robbed by ref bryson should be given after lee camp brought him down ref saw it and looked away I am fuming with him and lee camp should been sent off.

Bit harsh on Lee Camp when it was the defender who pulled him back but don't let the facts ruin your story. Camp should be sent off for his ponytail alone.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Bit harsh on Lee Camp when it was the defender who pulled him back but don't let the facts ruin your story. Camp should be sent off for his ponytail alone.

Well I said at the time should be a pentley my dad say watching highlights on the way back even said lee camp pulled him down.

10 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

It was always rumoured the slogan for the Birmingham Tourist Board was "Come to Birmingham - it's near Stratford". Who knows?

What we do know is that it's once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more. You might read that and think the Bard is old hat. Fair enough. To those of you in Birmingham, on enemy soil...

The day may come when the strength of the Rams fails ... but it is not this day.

The day may come when the fans doubt that the players can grasp the dream that is laid out before them ... but it is not this day.

By all you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, fans of the Rams!

My son was studying Macbeth for GCSE so I took him to see a version thereof but it was a trendy version with diesel lorries in it. I jest not.

The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune.

Final score - Diesels 2 -0 Petrols ??2 - 0?

To reach the playoffs Derby need to win their next four games. To get promoted Derby need to win 6 out of their next 7 matches. 

Fair play to those lucky enough to be optimistic by nature but if you think this side has it in them to do that, that’s not optimism that’s delusion. This side is nowhere near good enough to achieve that.

The season’s over and, realistically, has been for a while.

39 minutes ago, Yojimbo said:

To reach the playoffs Derby need to win their next four games. To get promoted Derby need to win 6 out of their next 7 matches. 

Fair play to those lucky enough to be optimistic by nature but if you think this side has it in them to do that, that’s not optimism that’s delusion. This side is nowhere near good enough to achieve that.

Depends on what Bristol and Boro do! As for the play-offs, even then not losing after extra time will do and we've been OK at penalty shoot-outs this season.

We are far from favourites to get promoted via the play-offs but keep your misery to yourself please.

49 minutes ago, Yojimbo said:

Don't think anyone really needs you to point out that the likelihood is that we'll come up short. Most of us are quite capable of assessing the task at hand without your assistance. Moreover, I've not seen anyone insisting that we will get promoted. Seen a few posts from ardent fans saying it's not over yet and from a factual standpoint, they are entirely correct. 

What you seem unable or unwilling to grasp is that some supporters won't give up on their team until the numbers says it's over. Why you feel the need to piss on their chips and label them 'deluded', I'm really not sure. 

24 minutes ago, sunnyhill60 said:

Depends on what Bristol and Boro do! As for the play-offs, even then not losing after extra time will do and we've been OK at penalty shoot-outs this season.

We are far from favourites to get promoted via the play-offs but keep your misery to yourself please.

Keep your delusion to yourself, please.

10 hours ago, Yojimbo said:

Technically that’s not the case. We don’t have much wiggle room in terms of dropping points between now and the end of the season, and realistically we’re going to have to win at Bristol City to stand a chance.

In the play-offs though, we don’t need to win at all. Didn’t Huddersfield go up without even scoring a goal in any of the three game. We’ve found our scoring boosts a bit again, which always gives you a chance even if we are conceding more goals now too.

We’ll be the least likely to go up if we do make it, but that doesn’t concern me. Stranger things happen and teams worse than us have got them out of this league before.

I know discussing keogh is always a controversial topic. has his lovers and his haters. But where does the truth lie?.. I think it’s a key point when you look to the ambition of the club. Big hearted player, yes, makes mistakes, yes. Is he a great player ? is he a good player? Or just an ‘ok player. In my opinion I think over a seasons average I think he comes out as an ‘ok’ kind of player. I think that’s fair. I also think that defines how Derby have performed over the last few years. I suppose the question is, Can you get promotion by playing average players ? I think you can as long as there is an unshakable belief in the squad (Cardiff) and this is definitely what Derby lack. So I guess it comes down to personalities in the end and not entirely ability. Derby have lacked the personalities in the squad and at management to bring them success. So I guess this is Keogh’s overall failing and the rest of the squads... there has been no natural leaders on or off the pitch

14 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

My view on today, definitely a good point against a good team with all the attributes we have struggled against all season. Today, we stood up and coped with the physical battle but annoyingly were undone by two individual defensive errors. Without them, we would have won the game. Two weeks ago against Blackburn we didn’t lay a glove on them and we were played off the park. Today was a decent result make no mistake and with the other results, we are definitely still in there with more than a fighting chance. Forest are capable of beating boro, Sheff Weds performance against Norwich shows they will be a tough ask for Bristol. Bristol and Swansea are both very winnable away matches as both sides suit our style of play. We’re knocking on the door of an away win, it could have happened against Brentford and today.

Its in our hands, we smash QPR to get the goal difference advantage, beat Bristol, get a point v Swansea and beat WBA who will be resting everyone for the playoffs then I think that will be enough. That set of results is feasible.

Thought today, Mount tried to force things too often, needed to calm it down at times but still a solid 7 out of 10, Waggy played well, Cole was excellent, Lawrence played with aggression and was a big threat first half, faded in the second, and Bryson had a decent game scrapping and breaking things up. Can’t see how anyone can really criticise Bryson or Lawrence today!

Wilson was worst player on the pitch by a mile.

That has all the makings of a thud and blunder clash......?

31 minutes ago, Popular side said:

I know discussing keogh is always a controversial topic. has his lovers and his haters. But where does the truth lie?.. I think it’s a key point when you look to the ambition of the club. Big hearted player, yes, makes mistakes, yes. Is he a great player ? is he a good player? Or just an ‘ok player. In my opinion I think over a seasons average I think he comes out as an ‘ok’ kind of player. I think that’s fair. I also think that defines how Derby have performed over the last few years. I suppose the question is, Can you get promotion by playing average players ? I think you can as long as there is an unshakable belief in the squad (Cardiff) and this is definitely what Derby lack. So I guess it comes down to personalities in the end and not entirely ability. Derby have lacked the personalities in the squad and at management to bring them success. So I guess this is Keogh’s overall failing and the rest of the squads... there has been no natural leaders on or off the pitch

Keogh is a very good championship defender and in terms of what some people call failure I would say it’s a mixture of bad luck at very important moments of various seasons 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Keogh is a very good championship defender and in terms of what some people call failure I would say it’s a mixture of bad luck at very important moments of various seasons 

I thought it was a complete drop off of form after Christmas for the last few seasons, I wouldn’t call that bad luck.. more like, the pressure starts to build and Derby buckle... like I said it’s down to personalities 

7 hours ago, Carnero said:

In the absence of a response, I can confirm that the answer is: "No, not necessarily".

Oh poo, sorry. I actually have a life outside of a ducking Internet forum about Derby County so I don’t respond to everything within the hour.

Archived