Things you tried and wish you didn't

FindernRam

1 hour ago, Malagaram said:

Tripe and onions,my parents tried to introduce me when I was about 6 years old,yuck,its still served here in Spain,called Callos,not plucked up the courage to give it a go.

The stuff I was forced to eat when a kid is nothing like callos even if the ingredients are similar.  Good callos is a thing of beauty, a stew with a gorgeous creamy sauce which because they add chilli has a kick to it.  The ‘meat’ may put you off based on your memory but I am glad I tried it.  With some crusty bread it is fantastic

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Spanish said:

The stuff I was forced to eat when a kid is nothing like callos even if the ingredients are similar.  Good callos is a thing of beauty, a stew with a gorgeous creamy sauce which because they add chilli has a kick to it.  The ‘meat’ may put you off based on your memory but I am glad I tried it.  With some crusty bread it is fantastic

Will try.

6 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

you haven't electrocuted yourself ever or you wouldn't be here to write that.....you may have got an electric shock but electrocute involves a combination of electric and execution therefore death.

I should be dead the number of items i've done it.

in fact.....i was tempted to complain to the electricity board the last time on the basis that i'm clearly not getting full strength electric. 

Sith Happens
Just now, Mr Giggles said:

Nothing wrong with Ripley Mukka

Nothing like it used to be back in the day, old old regal before it became the old new regal. Tonkers with its sticky carpets. Every pub bursting both Friday and Saturday.

Ah the good old days. :)

9 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Nothing like it used to be back in the day, old old regal before it became the old new regal. Tonkers with its sticky carpets. Every pub bursting both Friday and Saturday.

Ah the good old days. :)

Our Friday night was always..

Meet at mine - throw a couple of cans of cider and lager into a glass for the first snakebite of the evening...next stop the three horse shoes where my mate worked the bar so we would give him a fiver for 4 beers and he would give us 20 pounds change....then on to the crown, tonkers, Gringos and finally the either the Regal if we had shoes on or failing that Chaplins for a fight....... happy days indeed.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Our Friday night was always..

Meet at mine - throw a couple of cans of cider and lager into a glass for the first snakebite of the evening...next stop the three horse shoes where my mate worked the bar so we would give him a fiver for 4 beers and he would give us 20 pounds change....then on to the crown, tonkers, Gringos and finally the either the Regal if we had shoes on or failing that Chaplins for a fight....... happy days indeed.

Happy days.

Gringos, another place that burnt down.

Crown was always full of kids before they went to the young regal, reckon police turned a blind eye back then to underage drinking as they at least kept them all in one place.

Then Denby Lodge on a Monday, Anchor and Peacock at Oakerthorpe Thursday...

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Happy days.

Gringos, another place that burnt down.

Crown was always full of kids before they went to the young regal, reckon police turned a blind eye back then to underage drinking as they at least kept them all in one place.

Then Denby Lodge on a Monday, Anchor and Peacock at Oakerthorpe Thursday...

The Peacock on Thursday and then back to Gills kebab shop afterwards..! 

• 1 month later...
Sith Happens
6 hours ago, Broderick said:

Canned pigeon from the Ukrainian market. 

You sure it wasn't cat food? 

Potholing. whoever invented it wants shooting.

Beluga Caviar - the rich really are gullible fools.

Goat catching during mating season - one of the little bar stewards shot its load up my leg.

Hair thinning combs - I'd do time inside before letting anyone near me with one of those again.

Impressing girls with my dancing. 

Rescuing a cat from up a tree - face first.

Separating a fight between two very sexy girls. It didn't end the way I'd imagined. AT ALL.

Smelling salts.

- Tipping an ashtray into a pint and drinking it for a bet .

- convincing the sober mate to drive us to Skegness in his work van at two in the morning to go to Fantasy Island - It was shut

- getting on  the pirate ship on the same trip when we decided to hang around and have a few when the pubs opened . It wasn't pretty.

- Boiling a kettle of chunder at a Blackpool hotel that the previous occupant left . Thought it was water, why wouldn't you .

- Getting lost in Lanzarote and passing out on a cactus having tripped on it.

-Getting lost in St Paul's in Bristol on a matchday , the experience was painful.

- Helping out a girl who been belted by her boyfriend on Babington Lane .  His mates turned up, then she got up and hit me with a stiletto for having the temerity to help her .

-Getting on a boat in Cyprus that looked like it might sink .  A storm brewed up and it did .

-Going to Doncaster for a night out . It's that rough the kebab shop had a doorman .

Reading this back it's certainly the thin end of the wedge.  Life's quite boring now.

Archived