Pastinaak's many failures

Parsnip

16 minutes ago, mozza said:

Looking for the loo, again?

Went to Matlock Bath to get a Chinese, forgot it was Illuminations (only Jesus Christ knows why people visit these horrendous Illuminations, but they do in throngs) so had to park on double yellows for a few mins while I nipped in. That's another £35 unless @86 Schmokes & a Pancake can get me out of this one?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

Went to Matlock Bath to get a Chinese, forgot it was Illuminations (only Jesus Christ knows why people visit these horrendous Illuminations, but they do in throngs) so had to park on double yellows for a few mins while I nipped in. That's another £35 unless @86 Schmokes & a Pancake can get me out of this one?

Do they still stick lights on boats and sail them down the river?

43 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

I have been working on a cunning plan @Pastinaak and this time it's foolproof. Ignore everything, even the court case and subsequent summons. When the police turn up at your door simply blame the Mrs.

Masterstroke, huh! 

image.png.db85bcddaa3a9ae99b2c321818124b35.png

43 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

i read thongs and was intrigued

26 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

Anyway... for the first ticket - this is the evidence they've supplied. Who's to say if that's even my car???

20191012_234907.thumb.jpg.f2dad74ee56855a52983df10f49a201e.jpg

...furthermore, though he's cunningly tried to befuddle them by swapping seats, this car is clearly being driven by a large (and most likely unsoiled) hound.

Case closed.

Two questions.

Did you leave the ignition key in the car and how old is the dog.

You could be charged with leaving a motor vehicle in the charge of a minor. Plus a fixed points penalty for the passenger not wearing a seatbelt.

Adding on, it's my lads 21st tomorrow, all he's asked for is a third kit with Rooney on the back, so I set about belatedly securing it.

No availablity in the club shop, but they had it in DW opposite the club shop in his size, but not the white letters for the back.

Rang the club shop, and they weren't willing to do the printing for a shirt not bought there, even though they didn't have the size in stock!

4 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Shouldn't this thread be re-titled, in light of the forum no longer having an Olde English Parsnip taking root in the forum allotment? 

We don't all need to use the English menu, when dining abroad!  ?

Good point 

22 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Adding on, it's my lads 21st tomorrow, all he's asked for is a third kit with Rooney on the back, so I set about belatedly securing it.

No availablity in the club shop, but they had it in DW opposite the club shop in his size, but not the white letters for the back.

Rang the club shop, and they weren't willing to do the printing for a shirt not bought there, even though they didn't have the size in stock!

That's petty. 

23 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Could you buy the shirt at DW, take the tags off, take it over to the club shop and ask for it to be printed, tell them you bought it there and your son has now decided that he wants Rooney on the back? 

2 hours ago, angieram said:

That's petty. 

48 minutes ago, rynny said:

Could you buy the shirt at DW, take the tags off, take it over to the club shop and ask for it to be printed, tell them you bought it there and your son has now decided that he wants Rooney on the back? 

I don't think the young woman I spoke to was being petty, just said that it couldn't be done without saying why.

Maybe they're all out of white transfers?

DW were after all.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully this will make @Pastinaak feel a little better about his failures......

A friend of ours booked a holiday to go to Morocco in half term with her son - hubby couldn't go, as he didn't have the spare annual leave.

Thomas Cook went bust, so she was naturally disappointed and decided to have a week in Center Parcs last week instead (£££).

They returned home at the weekend to find hubby holding an email asking why they hadn't turned up for their holiday.......which wasn't booked with Thomas Cook.

She is still saying she should be entitled to a refund for their no-show on the TUI holiday.

genius compliment GIF

Archived