The Rise of Skywalker

maxjam

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
5 hours ago, David said:

?

Look how excited he is, just imagine how excited he will be if he ever loses his virginity.

10 hours ago, David said:

?

Or maybe the men have been driven to this, as women are now obsessed with fillers, lipo, implants, botox and the kardashians, or however you spell it. Wives and girlfriends in Chester/Essex/Bev Hills, really, that is any better than Avengers?

5 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Or maybe the men have been driven to this, as women are now obsessed with fillers, lipo, implants, botox and the kardashians, or however you spell it. Wives and girlfriends in Chester/Essex/Bev Hills, really, that is any better than Avengers?

It is, although it’s not hard to top Avengers.

• 7 months later...

I have a friend in US sending me episodes of The Mandalorian weekly - it is very, very good for Star Wars nerds like me ?

Looking forwards to Rise of Skywalker next month as well, my lad and I already have midnight tickets for its release.  As chance would have it I'd just watched the new clip they released a couple of hours ago.

10 minutes ago, maxjam said:

I have a friend in US sending me episodes of The Mandalorian weekly - it is very, very good for Star Wars nerds like me ?

Ditto - I thought the first one was excellent, particularly the big reveal at the end. Second episode seemed a bit weaker in comparison, as not a lot happened beyond trading with some Jawas. Watching the 3rd episode later this week

Just now, SchtivePesley said:

Ditto - I thought the first one was excellent, particularly the big reveal at the end. Second episode seemed a bit weaker in comparison, as not a lot happened beyond trading with some Jawas. Watching the 3rd episode later this week

The second one was very short, seemed like the first half of episode 3 imo.   Episode 3 has a couple of very good scenes in it ?

4 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Star Wars is so much better these days in TV form.

Just rewatched the second trilogy again for the first time in ages and, despite the fact I was fiercely defensive of them at the time, I actually think with hindsight that they weren't very well done and the new stuff (including R1, Solo & The Mandalorian) put them to shame

Just now, SchtivePesley said:

Just rewatched the second trilogy again for the first time in ages and, despite the fact I was fiercely defensive of them at the time, I actually think with hindsight that they weren't very well done and the new stuff (including R1, Solo & The Mandalorian) put them to shame

I agree, I love them for bringing us the universe but they're not great films. I haven't enjoyed the last 2 of the new trilogy either and have found the offshoot stuff like R1, Solo, Mando to be more entertaining! Really looking forward to the Obi Wan series on D+!

Been taking regular trips to the states to watch the Mandalorian, really enjoying it.

Looking forward to the new film but agree the sequel trilogy not been great, the force awakens was good when it came out but i think for nostalgia purposes and is not good on rewatch, the last jedi, meh its ok, still better than the prequels but not much happens.

I've enjoyed them all to some degree although The Last Jedi and The Clone Wars are my least favourite.   The Last Jedi, not because of any of the SJW issues, I didn't actually have a problem with any of that but because it just felt like it had been written by someone with no idea of what Star Wars fans wanted - I could critique a number of scenes in the film but you all probably have a fair idea.  Thankfully Rian Johnson has had the new trilogy due 2022 taken from him ?

I thought The Force Awakens was pretty good, massive nostalgia hit for us veterans of Star Wars and updated the original trilogy for a new audience, its just a pity that The Last Jedi didn't build on that, The Rise of Skywalker has a lot to put right.

I enjoyed Solo but my favourite Star Wars film is now Rogue One, I thought it was excellent and a bit more mature than previous Star Wars films - mainly cos everyone died I guess!

For a TV show The Mandalorian is right up there.  Excellent script and high production budget - very much looking forwards to future episodes.

BTW, has anyone seen The Clone Wars animated series?  Is it any good?  Someone recently bought me all the Star Wars Rebels blu-rays and they have been surprisingly good.

@maxjam I thought rogue 1 was bloody brilliant. To the extent that the other films feel like the spin off from that one. They’re supposed to be the marquee films. But they almost feel like the straight to video spin offs of rogue 1. They don’t stick in my mind half as much. I can’t remember her name, but when I picture ‘the girl from star wars’ I picture the girl from rogue 1, not Daisy Ridley. 

1 minute ago, TigerTedd said:

@maxjam I thought rogue 1 was bloody brilliant. To the extent that the other films feel like the spin off from that one. They’re supposed to be the marquee films. But they almost feel like the straight to video spin offs of rogue 1. They don’t stick in my mind half as much. I can’t remember her name, but when I picture ‘the girl from star wars’ I picture the girl from rogue 1, not Daisy Ridley. 

Felicity Jones.

Agree, excellent film.  I obviously enjoy the whole Jedi/Sith thing but feel there is a lot more fun to be had in the expanded universe.  Rogue One had a great story even though you kinda knew the ending because it led straight into A New Hope (surprising lack of Bothans though :P)

Now we've got Mandalorians it would be good to see some of the Smuggler gangs in action or seeing as we're due to get an Obi-Wan Kenobi tv series, a Darth Maul pre-Episode 1 series would be good too.

Archived