'Love Island' mystery man..

Chester40

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Story yesterday that some Love Island nobody was duped by a fraud pretending to be somebody important (oh the irony).

He was a Chelsea reject who at one time Derby signed for £1.2million... Medi Abalimba...must have passed me by...??

It wouldnt be the first time we signed someone who was impersonating a footballer.

43 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Story yesterday that some Love Island nobody was duped by a fraud pretending to be somebody important (oh the irony).

He was a Chelsea reject who at one time Derby signed for £1.2million... Medi Abalimba...must have passed me by...??

slightly wrong, Medi Abalimba was a Derby player who pretended to be a Chelsea player and ran up a hotel bill or bar bill in that player's name (Gael Kakuta). I think it was Kakuta that was signed for money by Chelsea. Abalimba was a nobody.

Although reading a story on line, it does say we paid that much for him!

That reported fee is utter nonsense. The fee was undisclosed, but there is no indication it would've been anywhere near 1.2 million. Our other signings that summer were Barker 900k, Moxey 300k, and several free transfers. Is it really feasible that under GSE's austerity measures we used half of our transfer budget on a Southend United youth player? Is it really feasible that Nigel Clough, a manager not exactly known for his love of high risk speculative foreign acquisitions and a notorious skin flint to boot, would sink that much money into a completely untested player?

Archived