Avengers Endgame

maxjam

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/04/2019 at 12:36, BathRam72 said:

Does any one above the age of 10 actually watch this stuff?

$17.530 billion in box office sales for the Marvel Cinematic Universe would suggest so ? 

That's before the release of this film, DVD/Blue Ray sales, Merchandising, so on and so forth. 

5 minutes ago, AshfieldRam said:

$17.530 billion in box office sales for the Marvel Cinematic Universe would suggest so ? 

That's before the release of this film, DVD/Blue Ray sales, Merchandising, so on and so forth. 

That just suggests a lot of dad's are having to suffer this stuff for their kids. You might as well buy a Forest season ticket while you are at it. Same drivel every time. ??

6 minutes ago, AshfieldRam said:

According to Fandango, Avengers Endgame has broken Star Wars The Force Awakens’ first 24-hour pre-sale record in just six hours.

If Endgame can carry this increase throughout its run, the fourquel could make in the realm of $2.7 billion.

On 25/04/2019 at 13:35, BathRam72 said:

That just suggests a lot of dad's are having to suffer this stuff for their kids. You might as well buy a Forest season ticket while you are at it. Same drivel every time. ??

I’m not sure you’ve seen many of the Marvel films. Sure, the superhero film has been done to death, and many are far too similar. But it’s why so many have invested in the Marvel films. They all have their own flavour and don’t follow a set structure. It’s not for everyone, but then those people don’t have to read a thread on a forum about it...

I'm kind of in the middle. Some of the series aren't great, some are decent, one or two are great. I've enjoyed the last 2 Avengers movies a lot tbh. That said, I think Scarlett Johansson's bum is worth the price of admission on its own so my opinion probably doesn't count for a lot.

22 minutes ago, 86 points said:

I'm kind of in the middle. Some of the series aren't great, some are decent, one or two are great. I've enjoyed the last 2 Avengers movies a lot tbh. That said, I think Scarlett Johansson's bum is worth the price of admission on its own so my opinion probably doesn't count for a lot.

Rumour has it @David and @BathRam72 are now keenly planning their trip to the cinema

A bit underwhelmed but I had the wrong expectations I think. It was still good but different to what I thought it would be. I’m sure over time I’ll look back on a film that did a pretty good job of rounding off phases 1-3, or some of the story lines anyway. 

First time I’ve been to the cinema where I’ve seen people taking in a bag of booze. I thought most people were happy enough with popcorn and a coke?! 

6 hours ago, r4derby said:

Just got back. Wow. I loved it. Can’t say much to help others avoid spoilers. I can see why some find the first half long, but that just helps build the story for the finale. Can’t wait to see it again

I went at midnight to the midnight premier with our 16yo and Friday afternoon with our 11yo.  If I had another I'd go again ?

Excellent film, different to Infinity Wars - but it always had to be.  I read a review somewhere that said for the casual fan Infinity Wars is probably the better movie, but for those invested in the MCU Endgame probably tops the lot.  Not only are there are references to most of the previous movies in Endgame, there are references to previous movie deleted scenes!  It felt like a real thank and goodbye (for now) to the fans.

Just now, BathRam72 said:

They are all jealous 

I know, back row is the best place to throw popcorn at peoples heads, more targets to choose from. You tell your mum you're sleeping at mine and I'll tell mine I'm sleeping at yours. I'll grab a bottle of Pepsi and few bags of Haribo.

3 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

A bit underwhelmed but I had the wrong expectations I think. It was still good but different to what I thought it would be. I’m sure over time I’ll look back on a film that did a pretty good job of rounding off phases 1-3, or some of the story lines anyway. 

First time I’ve been to the cinema where I’ve seen people taking in a bag of booze. I thought most people were happy enough with popcorn and a coke?! 

I understand this. The night before I went I had to check my expectations, as I knew they had reached unrealistic levels. 

As a result, I just went in ready to watch. I wasn’t disappointed. And the more I’ve thought about it since, the more I’m happy with the way it rounds thing out.

3 hours ago, maxjam said:

I went at midnight to the midnight premier with our 16yo and Friday afternoon with our 11yo.  If I had another I'd go again ?

Excellent film, different to Infinity Wars - but it always had to be.  I read a review somewhere that said for the casual fan Infinity Wars is probably the better movie, but for those invested in the MCU Endgame probably tops the lot.  Not only are there are references to most of the previous movies in Endgame, there are references to previous movie deleted scenes!  It felt like a real thank and goodbye (for now) to the fans.

Great minds. I can definitely agree with the argument that more casual fans will enjoy Infinity War more. Some friends who haven’t seen many/any Marvel films, but want to see Endgame, have asked for a list of must-see movies to watch (before I had seen Endgame). I gave them a list of 12 films. Having seen Endgame, I will text them and say they will enjoy it having seen 12, they will love it if they watch all of them. There are so many little references.

This morning I woke up ready to go again unfortunately, my 6 and 4 yr olds are too young, need to wait for a babysitter to take my wife.

59 minutes ago, r4derby said:

I understand this. The night before I went I had to check my expectations, as I knew they had reached unrealistic levels. 

As a result, I just went in ready to watch. I wasn’t disappointed. And the more I’ve thought about it since, the more I’m happy with the way it rounds thing out.

Absolutely, as a fan its definitely a film you think about long after you've returned from the cinema. 

If you consider the 6 original avengers, other than Hulk who we didn't really see much off at the end (and had already made peace with himself) the remaining 5 had an ending.  Even the ones you might consider to be bad endings are, after thinking about it, probably the only way their stories could have gone to give them a proper ending - to elaborate on this would be venturing into spoiler territory and as its still opening weekend I'd better shut up but my initial reaction was to change one of the characters endings, however in hindsight, it ended the way it had to.

Archived