Avengers Endgame

maxjam

On 11/04/2019 at 19:32, maxjam said:

Some rumblings on t'internet about the new trailer - I don't want to influence you if you haven't heard but watch the Thor/Cap Marvel interaction carefully.

Anything? Nothing? Viral Marketing?

21 hours ago, McRamFan said:

Marvel always have misled in the trailers.  Infinity wars had Hulk battling away, however it was Banner in the 'Hulk' suit, in the actual film.

Couple of points worth noting:

(possible spoilers, despite not knowing any of this for fact and likely completely wrong...)

Marvel have only realised about 20 mins of footage to the advert division of Disney, so all of the stuff we have seen comes within a small portion of the film. It is also believed that this is all from the first half hour of the movie.

Reading all of the synopsis for the movie, Marvel are painting this as revenge mission for the remaining Avengers against Thanos. I think that synopsis, plus the trailers, is all a massive mislead. 

This movie will go somewhere completely unexpected. I also wouldn’t be surprised if we get a major new character appear, either in the movie or post-credits, or if a new big bad appears at the end (hello, Kang the Conqueror)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Couple of points worth noting:

(possible spoilers, despite not knowing any of this for fact and likely completely wrong...)

Marvel have only realised about 20 mins of footage to the advert division of Disney, so all of the stuff we have seen comes within a small portion of the film. It is also believed that this is all from the first half hour of the movie.

Reading all of the synopsis for the movie, Marvel are painting this as revenge mission for the remaining Avengers against Thanos. I think that synopsis, plus the trailers, is all a massive mislead. 

This movie will go somewhere completely unexpected. I also wouldn’t be surprised if we get a major new character appear, either in the movie or post-credits, or if a new big bad appears at the end (hello, Kang the Conqueror)

My absolute drea would be a very end credit scene, just a couple of seconds long, the back of a fist in shadow, a low growl, and a ‘snickt’. 

Then maybe a final credit card ‘hugh Jackman as wolverine’

Imagine the pandemonium in the cinema. 

On 10/04/2019 at 11:23, maxjam said:

Anyone excited for this? 

No. Had it came out when I was into playing with action figures, running around the garden pretending I was Superman with my arm out and towel on my back then yes. 

10 minutes ago, David said:

No. Had it came out when I was into playing with action figures, running around the garden pretending I was Superman with my arm out and towel on my back then yes. 

Pfft, no need to be grumpy!  Theres time for that when you're an old fart shaking your fists at 'kids today' ?

To be fair I don't really enjoy comic book films or fantasy myself - they usually get to a big battle and the hero pulls an amazing spell out of their bag 'o tricks or has a super power thats just whats needed but the Marvel Universe has been well crafted and drew me in. 

As a massive Star Wars fan since my first ever trip to the cinema as an impressionable 5 year old I'm always biased towards those films but Infinity Wars is now my favourite action movie by far.

1 hour ago, r4derby said:

I am so excited for this. The payoff for sticking with a series of movies, most of which I loved anyway. Infinity War was 2 hours of greatness. This one is 3 hours, which the Russo bros have earnt and I expect them to make it fly by.

I cannot wait.

Absolutely.

My two biggest fears for the film are that Captain Marvel takes a lead role - nothing to do with the feminism/SJW stuff more the fact that the cast of characters have built up their stories over 10 years and have all lost something to Thanos, they feel it the most and it will be more satisfying if they are the ones to right the wrongs.

And secondly, they use a cheap time travel/alternate reality trick to bring everyone back - they have all been done before and it would feel like a bit of a cop out- but as you say, the Russo brothers have done a fantastic job so far and I expect them to knock this out of the park.  Hopefully 3 hours will be enough!!!

14 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Pfft, no need to be grumpy!  Theres time for that when you're an old fart shaking your fists at 'kids today' ?

To be fair I don't really enjoy comic book films or fantasy myself - they usually get to a big battle and the hero pulls an amazing spell out of their bag 'o tricks or has a super power thats just whats needed but the Marvel Universe has been well crafted and drew me in. 

As a massive Star Wars fan since my first ever trip to the cinema as an impressionable 5 year old I'm always biased towards those films but Infinity Wars is now my favourite action movie by far.

You’re right sorry. 

How about this, Respirator Man! I have the power to enter any recently vacated toilet and turn turds into steel

757107A5-F269-4C56-B354-17FF250D32B9.jpeg

2 minutes ago, David said:

You’re right sorry. 

How about this, Respirator Man! I have the power to enter any recently vacated toilet and turn turds into steel

Perfect, thats the spirit ?

Now I want to see pics of you attending a midnight showing dressed like that!!!

48 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I'm with Daveo. 

How many Avengers films have you seen? 

I'll start the ball rolling with... Zero

Pfft, well Cap America Civil War and the 3 Avengers films are the must see ones before Endgame. Get it done ?

2 hours ago, maxjam said:

Absolutely.

My two biggest fears for the film are that Captain Marvel takes a lead role - nothing to do with the feminism/SJW stuff more the fact that the cast of characters have built up their stories over 10 years and have all lost something to Thanos, they feel it the most and it will be more satisfying if they are the ones to right the wrongs.

And secondly, they use a cheap time travel/alternate reality trick to bring everyone back - they have all been done before and it would feel like a bit of a cop out- but as you say, the Russo brothers have done a fantastic job so far and I expect them to knock this out of the park.  Hopefully 3 hours will be enough!!!

It was all a dream. 

On 13/04/2019 at 09:40, David said:

You’re right sorry. 

757107A5-F269-4C56-B354-17FF250D32B9.jpeg

It would be more effective if you had the power to turn them into steel before they vacate the person. ?

Just got back... None spoiler review, if you're a Marvel fan it is an awesome finale to 10 years and 20+ movies.

Focuses mostly on the original Avengers and gives them all screen time to conclude their individual story arcs.  The movie is split into 3 main sections and has equal measure of shock, humour and sadness with throwbacks to all the previous movies in the universe. It is very different to Infinity Wars. As a standalone film its very good but this one is for the fans and those that have a deeper understanding of the previous movies.

I would personally have made one change to the ending but then Infinity Wars and Endgame would have both needed rewriting so maybe not ?

Go see it!  Right, I'm off to bed.  zzzZZZZ

Archived