Jump to content
cannable

Derby County vs Bolton Wanderers

David

Message added by David

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Four blokes beside me today, arrived five minutes late, sat and moaned incessantly for twenty minutes about Steve McClaren and Gary Rowett. Then slagged off Bogle and Morris before complaining about the length of Chris Martin's contact. Didn't watch one minute of the match. Left before the first goal, never returned. Befuddling...

Probably Waghorn, Mount, Bryson and Roos delaying starting to give Bolton a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Except derby are 5/2 to make top 6 and 16/1 for promotion. Outsiders yes, but a chance.

Absolutely. When there still is a mathematically possibility,  regardless of how slim or highly improbable it may be, then you can't say that the seasons over until that point. 

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

I've moved away from Derby a good while back and only get back now for the football. I do have to say that there is no other footballer whose name is better made for the East Midlands accent than Maysun Maahhnt, or Maahhnty to be a little more informal.

Indeed Sir! We were saying the same thing pre-match as in:

Q: how do you spell Mason Mount in Derbyshire dialect?

A:  MaaYSsun Maaahhrnt. 

Share this post


Link to post

I think the slow start yesterday was a reaction to what happened on Tuesday, the players needed to build their confidence again and took a while to get into their stride. But once they got going some of the football was very good.

A good result and some cracking football, but when the final whistle was blown the players look up to celebrate with the fans only to see the ground half empty! When did people start thinking that it's not worth applauding the players after a good performance anymore?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

Everything felt very flat at first, I have to admit didnt see the Bryson goal and I was looking at the Ref to give a penalty.  Forgetting his 3 goals for a minute, I thought Mason Mount was at the centre of everything that was positive, BJ was also immense. Pleased for MM’s 3 goals the second was excellent.   

Lol .. same for me. For the first time ever I didn’t see the ball hit the back of the net. I was yelling for the penalty, thought it had been given and then realisation ...  “why is everyone going back to the half way line ?” .. felt a total twerp. Shouting out 100% penalty come ref ! 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

I've moved away from Derby a good while back and only get back now for the football. I do have to say that there is no other footballer whose name is better made for the East Midlands accent than Maysun Maahhnt, or Maahhnty to be a little more informal.

That tickled me. As a teenager and young man I didn't think we had much of a distinctive accent in Derby, now whenever I am back my ears rick up to the sweet drawl of Derby and Derbyshire folk. Been surrounded by non-natives for too long.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Inglorius said:

Absolutely. When there still is a mathematically possibility,  regardless of how slim or highly improbable it may be, then you can't say that the seasons over until that point. 

I’d just argue it’s not highly improbable it’s actually a realistic chance, though gut feeling is we’ll probably fall short and we can point to away form as to why we didn’t make it at the end. 

Maybe comparing with Cardiff’s chances of survival would have been a better example than Huddersfield.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Sadly, Bolton are in such disarray they're hardly a scalp and I think there's a level of frustration that once again we have shown that we can put really decent performances in on a hit and miss basis.

The inability of the team to build consistent positive momentum has transferred itself to the fans.

Nervous now for Friday.....😂

There's only three teams in the division who have been consistent. Were folk expecting us to be one of them? The Championship is a league where literally anyone can beat anyone so I don't buy into the whole 'it's only (.........) we beat' argument. If group of fans should know this by now it's us lot. I don't dispute that it's been wildly frustrating at times, I was just having a gentle poke at those who only turn up to moan and are highly conspicuous by their absence when we put on a decent showing. 

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, David said:

I hate reading posts saying they trying to bring a bit of balance, I’m not bothered about balance at all to be honest nor does the forum crave it, I would rather people just voiced their honest opinions and if that falls on the positive or negative side then so be it. Wouldn’t you prefer that, rather than trying to throw negativity out just to balance it out?

Not saying that’s what you’re doing now, just I’ve seen it, even people admit to it and it grinds my gears no end.

I’m just amazed how quick people are to write us off whilst looking on all gooey eyed at the opposition, yes Tuesday was bad but that’s happened, do you not think Bristol City have dropped points?

1 win in their last 5 at home, points dropped against teams at the bottom, just like us. 

v WBA 3-2, v Wigan 2-2, v Ipswich 1-1, v Leeds 0-1, v Birmingham 1-2

None of that will matter, nor will our away form when we turn up at Ashton Gate, all that will matter is the 90 minutes on the day.

False hope, blind optimism, happy clapping, it’s nothing like that at all, realistically we have a chance whether you think we can do it or not, and whilst there’s a chance you can hardly blame people for being positive when in a few weeks it will all be over and left twiddling our thumbs wondering what to do with our Saturdays.

Now give us a smile, you know you want to!

Can I also add that Aston Villa were very fortunate with their penalty yesterday and have they peaked too early? How long is Grealish out for? We are very capable of making 6th spot, our recent history suggests we will struggle away, but again we are capable of changing the future and making things right.

If we 'all' go on the run we all desire 'together' then confidence, performance, and everyone's happiness grows, we've also been in this position before and either missed out badly or just missed out and the biggest thing we can do as supporters is to learn together and move forward together by supporting the team by being positive, passionate, vocal, loud and proud to drive our club on over the line.

Those that still opt to take the 'negative' option may wonder why Frank Lampard has said publicly about the likes of the local media not helping matters, so please don't be too hard on the club, if it fails once again to make the play offs or get any further than we have done in the last decade or so, when your negativity brings negativity. No time for whinging and king prawns.

Hope, hope and keep on hoping. Sing, sing and keep on singing, be proud, loud and keep on being Derby County.

Let the players, play, and fight for us on the pitch for what we all desire.

 

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Sadly, Bolton are in such disarray they're hardly a scalp and I think there's a level of frustration that once again we have shown that we can put really decent performances in on a hit and miss basis.

The inability of the team to build consistent positive momentum has transferred itself to the fans.

Nervous now for Friday.....😂

Put your nerves in the bin. It's a game of football, it's about time we all man'd, woman'd, ram'd up,.......together!

Share this post


Link to post

Enjoyed the game yesterday, yes Bolton were poor, but some of our attacking moves where a joy to watch, and well done to Mount who got his first hat trick in English football, he is going to be some player, maybe a player in the Frank Lampard mode, thought Waghorn was man of the match, everything went through him and he was so strong and held the ball up like Martin use to in the Mac days, can not wait for Brum away now, a tough game, but we can do it, as a Ram we must always believe.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I’d just argue it’s not highly improbable it’s actually a realistic chance, though gut feeling is we’ll probably fall short and we can point to away form as to why we didn’t make it at the end. 

Maybe comparing with Cardiff’s chances of survival would have been a better example than Huddersfield.

Bristol City 11 to 8 on to reach the playoffs 

Derby 16 to 5 against 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, 86 points said:

There's only three teams in the division who have been consistent. Were folk expecting us to be one of them? The Championship is a league where literally anyone can beat anyone so I don't buy into the whole 'it's only (.........) we beat' argument. If group of fans should know this by now it's us lot. I don't dispute that it's been wildly frustrating at times, I was just having a gentle poke at those who only turn up to moan and are highly conspicuous by their absence when we put on a decent showing. 

If I was going to moan I wouldn't bother going. If you are there then support the team.

I was responding to your point about the forum being quiet.👍

We have taken our levels of inconsistency to wholly new and inconsistent levels. Who knows what Derby will turn up at brum?😂

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

If I was going to moan I wouldn't bother going. If you are there then support the team.

I was responding to your point about the forum being quiet.👍

We have taken our levels of inconsistency to wholly new and inconsistent levels. Who knows what Derby will turn up at brum?😂

Understood that bud, was really a general point not one aimed at you. That said, we had the lows of the Sunderland and Burton games last season without the highs of the Chelsea and United performances of this year. I know which season I'd rather take. It just surprises me that after a 4-0 win that keeps s right in the play-offs hunt, the forum is dead on its erse.

Actually, that last bit is a lie. It doesn't surprise me at all, which is kind of the point I was making.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.