cannable

Derby County vs Bolton Wanderers

David

Message added by David

Four blokes beside me today, arrived five minutes late, sat and moaned incessantly for twenty minutes about Steve McClaren and Gary Rowett. Then slagged off Bogle and Morris before complaining about the length of Chris Martin's contact. Didn't watch one minute of the match. Left before the first goal, never returned. Befuddling...

13 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Four blokes beside me today, arrived five minutes late, sat and moaned incessantly for twenty minutes about Steve McClaren and Gary Rowett. Then slagged off Bogle and Morris before complaining about the length of Chris Martin's contact. Didn't watch one minute of the match. Left before the first goal, never returned. Befuddling...

Was it Clement and Pearson with their agents  ? 🤔

14 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Very disappointed to read this because i thought it was a joke got to the end and no punchline so disappointing😐

Overall, some pleasing football. I still think Bryson is making runs into positions that are hard to actually pass into when a team is packed behind the ball. He’s not making dangerously time’s third man runs. 

Someone in the East Stand Lower obviously shouted something at Tom Lawerence. He hardly celebrated setting up Mount’s second. Just stared at the place where he must have heard the comment.  He doesn’t look happy and doesn’t have any connection with the fans (understandable) 

10 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

Someone in the East Stand Lower obviously shouted something at Tom Lawerence. He hardly celebrated setting up Mount’s second. Just stared at the place where he must have heard the comment.  He doesn’t look happy and doesn’t have any connection with the fans (understandable) 

Thought it was because he took a slight kick when he put the ball in. At one point when the ball was put out for an injury, he took the ball over to that stand and it looked to me (from North Stand) like he was chucking the ball back and forth with a kid in the front row whilst the player got treatment. Thought that was a nice moment if that's what he was doing. He's also got a smiley on his Twitter post for the day, so if there was anything said then I doubt it has upset him too much.  

Very quiet thread!

Perhaps folk are reflecting on some of the more derisive stuff posted after the Blackburn game? Or maybe they are just basking in the aftermath of a really good team performance today. Doubtless they'll be back online tomorrow to give credit where it's due. Yep, I'm sure that's what it is. After all, we've lost one in our last 7, scored 13 goals in our last 4 games and sit only 2 points off the play-offs, so it's not exactly a crisis, is it?

COYR

3 hours ago, 86 points said:

Very quiet thread!

Perhaps folk are reflecting on some of the more derisive stuff posted after the Blackburn game? Or maybe they are just basking in the aftermath of a really good team performance today. Doubtless they'll be back online tomorrow to give credit where it's due. Yep, I'm sure that's what it is. After all, we've lost one in our last 7, scored 13 goals in our last 4 games and sit only 2 points off the play-offs, so it's not exactly a crisis, is it?

COYR

Sadly, Bolton are in such disarray they're hardly a scalp and I think there's a level of frustration that once again we have shown that we can put really decent performances in on a hit and miss basis.

The inability of the team to build consistent positive momentum has transferred itself to the fans.

Nervous now for Friday.....😂

9 hours ago, Roboram said:

Let’s try & win 2 in a row for the first time since early December before we start getting giddy about winning 5

Not getting giddy just stating a mathematical fact.

I want a play off spot , and like some of us my hopes rise when win in the manner we did but don’t want to get them too high as the last few seasons have been hard to take in terms of dashed hopes but there’s a difference for me this time and that’s the feeling we are on the right track again longer term, if we can keep frank and give him time to build the ethos he so clearly wants at the club then we are on the up and with the fans chanting for Morris to show that lots appreciate what he’s trying to do we have a chance of getting there

19 hours ago, Inglorius said:

Of course it's still possible, mathematically it was still possible for Huddersfield to avoid relegation a few weeks ago even though the odds against it at bookmakers was 1000 to 1.

Except derby are 5/2 to make top 6 and 16/1 for promotion. Outsiders yes, but a chance.

7 hours ago, HorsforthRam said:

They shouted “come on Tom” that was it, no abuse, no swearing, Tom took it the wrong way and got mardy, more people then started doing it and he kept looking over and people were laughing. When he made the assist for mounts goal he sat on the floor looked over and nodded.

Edited by QuitYourJibbaJivin

Everything felt very flat at first, I have to admit didnt see the Bryson goal and I was looking at the Ref to give a penalty.  Forgetting his 3 goals for a minute, I thought Mason Mount was at the centre of everything that was positive, BJ was also immense. Pleased for MM’s 3 goals the second was excellent.   

I thought Bogle was awesome, both in defence and attack, If you asked me which fullback had played for England I would have chosen him and not Cole, even if Cole didn't have a bad game. Tomori is just amazing even if he makes a mistake he seems to be able to recover. 

Wilson is trying too hard, it will come for him, Keogh played and led really well. I thought Rotherham were a far better team then Bolton, if we played against Bolton the way we played against Rotherham it would have been a cricket score.

Big fan of the boys challenging other stands to sing, well done everyone for singing back.

Very happy on the way home to Berkshire  

It was 21 years ago today

Paulo Burton and the boys did play

They beat Bolton by a country mile

And they did it all with skill and style

Today they beat them four nil too

Still got it after all these years!

Frankie Lampard’s Derby County Rams!

(any similarity to Sgt Pepper is purely coincidental)!🤗

As much as I don’t like to see Bolton’s plight.... I did chortle at this comment from TANGODANCER on their forum;

”We touch the ball, they take it off us and............ it's 3-0.”

😄

ps. I’ve never used the word chortle on this forum ever, or come to think of it ever in my life, a first like MM hatrick.

Edited by REDCAR