The Pursuit For Pereplotkins

HuddersRam

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 09/04/2019 at 12:50, ramsbottom said:

If I ever found that ass-hat it wouldn't be questions I'd be putting to him!!

I reckon - 

Leon Osman

Malcolm Christie

Giles Barnes

- would have some good stuff to tell.

In his book he said he would have if Everton wanted to sell him. A £750k bid was rejected, with Moyes asking for £1.5m. Either us or Forest (who also wanted him) bid the full asking price straight away, before Moyes backtracked and said he wasn’t for sale. 

His first return to Pride Park was in 2007 and played alongside Carsley. Apparently, Carsley wasn’t happy with the reception the two players received on the day and was complaining how his sale funded one of the stands, whereas Osman only played a handful of games. 

On 09/04/2019 at 11:00, WamRam said:

Lionel Ainsworth. Had such praise as a 16/17 year old, I'm not sure he even made a first team start did he?

Lee Holmes, Paul Boertien, Richard Jackson - all players who seemed to be with us an age, they must have some stories from different managers.

Richard Jackson is really, really dull. 

I'd love to hear about Asanovic's view of it all and Martin Kuhl's - just for the fun of it to see if he admits to his bonkers parties...

On 09/04/2019 at 08:39, Srg said:

That's nearly 30 years, not 20. I'm nearly 28 and have seen none of those play, I don't think this is the era the guy is asking for.

For what it's worth... Find me Blessing Kaku.

Kitson left 25 years ago so in the right ball park.

But you've made me feel old......

On 09/04/2019 at 08:39, Srg said:

That's nearly 30 years, not 20. I'm nearly 28 and have seen none of those play, I don't think this is the era the guy is asking for.

For what it's worth... Find me Blessing Kaku.

I might just aim to hunt down loanees from that era. Blessing Kaku, Fadiga and Emerson Thome are the exclusives we all want 

Thanks everyone for your recommendations on who'd you want to hear from, plenty of good ideas to work from.

I've now got a huge list of contacts to get through, and a host of media teams to nudge after being ignored first time around. Wish me luck ? ? 

Archived