The Pursuit For Pereplotkins

HuddersRam

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Strider said:

Kris Commons.

Keogh would be one of the most interesting having played for so many managers, but may be reluctant to say much whilst he's still playing.

I remember Martin Albrechsten had some interesting things to say about Clough.

Ignore this, I can't read.

11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Hence why i said "at Derby". He did play for Derby at youth and reserve level in fairness

Okay, I'm just intrigued as to why anyone would think he has anything interesting to say over the hundreds of others who hit that level and went further. Or are you being a championship manager legend by mentioning him?

1 minute ago, Moist One said:

Okay, I'm just intrigued as to why anyone would think he has anything interesting to say over the hundreds of others who hit that level and went further. Or are you being a championship manager legend by mentioning him?

I'd say more people would be interested in Tonton Zola Moukoko's story than Nathan Ellington's

19 minutes ago, Moist One said:

was he? How many times did you see him play?

I agree with @Ghost of Clough - He might not have played for us but he is an interesting part of the recent history of the club - Football Manager and FIFA etc are a huge part of football culture these days (Lingard actively complained to EA Sports last year about his FIFA stats!) and Mokouko is somewhat legendary in the "whatever happened to..." stakes

2 hours ago, Gritty said:

I'd group it by teams / eras

Paul Kitson, Tommy Johnson, Gabby, Pembridge, Martin Taylor, Gary Charles, Craig Short, Paul Williams etc  

The team Lionel expensively assembled that didn't quite make it. Huge parallels with the Mel era. 

And could then look at the Smith era and the team that got us up. VDL, Willems, Igor etc 

~Gabby runs a hotel/B&B in York, and can often be spotted doing keepy-ups in his tight shorts in the garden

Lionel Ainsworth. Had such praise as a 16/17 year old, I'm not sure he even made a first team start did he?

Lee Holmes, Paul Boertien, Richard Jackson - all players who seemed to be with us an age, they must have some stories from different managers.

Prijovic, a player I rated as a youth player, strange we never played him, was it true he was on 20k a week?

Medi Abalimba...we paid a huge amount for a youth player, again rumoured to be on a lot, all went to his head and was jailed for impersonating Kakuta.

Andy Griffin or Andy Todd would be interesting too.

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

I agree with @Ghost of Clough - He might not have played for us but he is an interesting part of the recent history of the club - Football Manager and FIFA etc are a huge part of football culture these days (Lingard actively complained to EA Sports last year about his FIFA stats!) and Mokouko is somewhat legendary in the "whatever happened to..." stakes

And players that were portrayed as being legendary in CM0102 and other games are usually pretty open about it. Mark Kerr has a good story about not even being aware of his status in the Championship Manager series until a Falkirk fan mentioned it. I had a brief chat with Kristoffer Weckstrom a few years back on Twitter about me signing him on CM0102 and him tearing up the left wing for me. He seemed very approachable and willing to converse especially with a fan of a former employer.

There are a lot of players who would be awesome to hear a snippet from, Stephen Bywater was a character.

27 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

He's already done a RamsTV meets - I doubt there's anything extra which would be revealed

To add to this the list of those to have done a "RamsTV Meets" is: Alan Durban, Alan Hinton, Roy McFarland, Willie Carlin, John McGovern, Archie Gemmill, Colin Todd, Roger Davies, Charlie George, Kevin Wilson, Bobby Davison, John Barton, Eric Steele, Phil Gee, Ted McMinn, Andy Comyn, Simon Coleman, Tommy Johnson, Shane Nicholson, Marco Gabbiadini, Lee Carsley, Paul Simpson, Darren Wassall, Gary Rowett, Robin van der Laan, Igor Stimac, Rory Delap, Malcolm Christie, Chris Riggott, Danny Higginbotham, Adam Bolder, Tom Huddlestone, Michael Johnson, Paul Peschisolido, Marc Edworthy, Shaun Barker, Darren Bent.

Billy Davies also did a RamTV Meets.

The list of players who have written autobiographies and not included in the list above is: Dave Mackay, Dave Langan, Steve Cherry, Terry Curran, Gordon Hill, John Robertson, John Burridge, Kenny Burns, John Gregory, Peter Shilton, Craig Short, John Harkes, Steve Hodge, Paul McGrath, Leon Osman, Alan Stubbs, Robbie Savage, Kevin Kilbane

Personally, I'd like to hear from players in neither list such as: Colin Boulton, Ron Webster, Les Green, John Robson, Kevin Hector, John O'Hare, Steve Powell, David Nish, Bruce Rioch, Steve Buckley, Mark Wright, Dean Saunders, Dean Sturridge, Seth Johnson, Tommy Smith, Darren Moore, Matt Oakley, Steve Howard.

Most of those didn't play in the last 20 years though.

15 hours ago, HuddersRam said:

Thanks for all the replies so far you lovely lot. 

Heard a few interesting things from a couple of players and staff around the Three Amigos time already. I'll open questions to the floor if I manage to hunt down Jeremy Keith. 

If I ever found that ass-hat it wouldn't be questions I'd be putting to him!!

I reckon - 

Leon Osman

Malcolm Christie

Giles Barnes

- would have some good stuff to tell.

Archived