The Pursuit For Pereplotkins

HuddersRam

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
6 hours ago, admira said:

Steve Davies. Why did he leave? The true reasons were never revealed 

Probably never will and probably not our business BUT it was a strange one. Family reasons cited so expected him to want to be nearer to Liverpool.

Ended up at Bristol although Ipswich were interested too.

9 hours ago, admira said:

Steve Davies. Why did he leave? The true reasons were never revealed 

I had so much love for Steve Davies, thought he would be incredible if injury free for more than a game at a time.

I'd group it by teams / eras

Paul Kitson, Tommy Johnson, Gabby, Pembridge, Martin Taylor, Gary Charles, Craig Short, Paul Williams etc  

The team Lionel expensively assembled that didn't quite make it. Huge parallels with the Mel era. 

And could then look at the Smith era and the team that got us up. VDL, Willems, Igor etc 

50 minutes ago, Gritty said:

I'd group it by teams / eras

Paul Kitson, Tommy Johnson, Gabby, Pembridge, Martin Taylor, Gary Charles, Craig Short, Paul Williams etc  

The team Lionel expensively assembled that didn't quite make it. Huge parallels with the Mel era. 

And could then look at the Smith era and the team that got us up. VDL, Willems, Igor etc 

That's nearly 30 years, not 20. I'm nearly 28 and have seen none of those play, I don't think this is the era the guy is asking for.

For what it's worth... Find me Blessing Kaku.

I think the Nathan Ellington story would be an interesting one. A bizarrely structured deal (to avoid a sell on clause), a change of religion, a change or two of manager, a hat trick, a period of fasting, that peno at Stoke, fitting in with the religious of Derby.

Kris Commons.

Keogh would be one of the most interesting having played for so many managers, but may be reluctant to say much whilst he's still playing.

I remember Martin Albrechsten had some interesting things to say about Clough.

15 hours ago, HuddersRam said:

I've spoken to a number of former players so far (Morten Bisgaard,

Did you ask him about that bizarre game when he ended up having a fist fight with Marc Edworthy? I think that's the only time I've seen Derby players physically fighting each other (and didn't Billy Davies say he was "pleased" about it?!)

Archived