Race for the Play Offs

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I think is worth pointing out with Bristol's run-in is that even though most of the games look winnable for them in terms of their opponents' positions, in the return fixtures of those last 6 games they have only won one, and only picked up 6 points from 18 from them. I don't think it's something to bank on that they will have that sort of result from the last 6 now, but it's worth bringing up to remember that they're not necessarily home and dry just yet.

9 hours ago, Finch said:

Once the loanees return what are we left with? Going to take time and money. Could do with the same kind of backers that Wolves have. However, a quality manager needs to be part of it, witness the red dogs who have had the investment without the management.

Lots of posts about loanees returning etc.

l’m sure FL and JD have probably thought  about this before now and hopefully regarded the situation at the start of the season. 

21 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Got to win 2 of Brum Bristol and Swansea. Can’t see it personally. Playoffs gone but I think that’s where we are right now. Really don’t get the people slating Lampard. Under him we’ve produced some outstanding performances this season, but inconsistency has hit us due to young players, and players who aren’t really suited to the way he plays. He signed a 3 year contract it could well be a 3 year job, and if people aren’t happy with that need to think about the poor managerial appointments, constant change and poor signings for lots of money that have ultimately put us in a major rebuilding position. 

Farke at Norwich, Johnson at Bristol and Wilder at Sheff U are proof that it takes time to build teams. We have to go down that route now because of where we are against FFP.

Fair comments and I'm pretry much where you are at.

Playing devils advocate though, the outstanding performances have been few and far between. 4 or 5 out of nearly 50 games is no great return.

You say we don't have players that suit the way he plays, well he spent £18m in the summer, plus 3 loan players, so I would expect at least the spine of the team to resemble players who suit the way he plays.

Out of all the money he spent, which players would you say have come in and nailed down a starting place?

I'm happy with FL if he has a plan he can stick to and has identified players to suit, summer transfer window is massive for the club.

25 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

You say we don't have players that suit the way he plays, well he spent £18m in the summer, plus 3 loan players, so I would expect at least the spine of the team to resemble players who suit the way he plays.

That's the crux of the argument and I'm yet to see a consistent style of play, or any type of consistency for that matter.

This should annoy the happy clappers again!

Archived