Sign in to follow this  
Bwash_Ram

Blackburn Rovers v Derby County

Doesn't fill you with much hope either when just over an hour after the game has finished, the players are already on Instagram liking ducking fashion pictures when really you're hoping their sat discussing tactics and looking at what went wrong. This era really depresses me sometimes.

We like to think they're playing for Derby but it's a job to them at the end of the day. The majority are pissed off for their personal performance but that's about as far as it goes.

5 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Why?  Lee Johnson went straight from player to manager at a championship club .  City did very well in the league and beat premier league sides including Man Utd in the cup. Then they went tits up last ten games of the season.  Back in the play off picture this year having spent little .  Clearly a lot more than conjecture .

So you found a couple of loose connections that mean a lot when you're looking for them to support a position, but almost zero in the great scheme of things. 

Dozens of managers have started similarly over the years and some failed, some succeeded and some done ok. 

As human beings we love patterns but it doesn't necessarily mean they tell us much. Let's see if their careers continue to shadow each other or whether this was just a banal coincidence  

PATHETIC. We were at a team who had lost 9 in 11 yet came out as if we were away to Man City !                   

Never even laid a glove on them , i feel so sorry for any Ram that went there tonight . The whole squad and management were not fit to be wearing the famous Ram . 

How can they put in such a gutless effort with what was at stake ? 

I honestly don't know the answer !!! 

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

My point could apply to FL & Marriott.

Sorry Roy, you've lost me. If the question is, 'is he protecting Marriott' then the answer is I'm not sure. I guess we'll figure it out in due course. The reasoning I put forward was based on the hypothesis that he might be, not that he is hence the qualifying 'if'. I certainly hope it's the case if the scenario is as outlined. It'd disappoint me were there some ulterior motive. Does this answer your question? 

Just a shocking performance all around from the Rams. Absolutely no one seemed to care or had a right go at it, just totally clueless all around against a Blackburn team who have lost 9 out of their last 11 games.  Hell with saying but we are still in the playoff races, don't deserve to be in them.  Where is the fire and determination that was on display against West Brom? Chelsea? Etc?

Just really disappointing.  Must be nice for these dudes to make a good wage while the fans who work their tails off day in and day out just to see their beloved Rams are served up this drivel. Sigh.

Always a Ram, but just highly disappointed with the team tonight.

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

Keeps Chatting Guff isn't really interested in any reasoned arguments on this score. Manager #8 in 6 years (or whatever the number is now) is the only way forward to his rather limited way of thinking. 

It's no coincidence that the top 6 is comprised of either teams that have allowed managers time to build something (Norwich, Sheff U, Bristol C), or have qualities that are clearly too good for this league (Leeds=Bielsa, West Brom & Villa's squads with both having expensive PL players). We are clearly in neither camp at the moment, so why not allow the time to see if we could jump in to those areas? Especially after what we've seen in the previous couple of years. I've seen enough green shoots to allow me to think that there is a successful project in here, and changing the manager will only contribute to the mess that has been created by changing managers.

Anyway, I don't think we'd be able to afford to sack another manager anyway, so the whole discussion is rather futile.

1 minute ago, AmericanRam said:

Just a shocking performance all around from the Rams. Absolutely no one seemed to care or had a right go at it, just totally clueless all around against a Blackburn team who have lost 9 out of their last 11 games.  Hell with saying but we are still in the playoff races, don't deserve to be in them.  Where is the fire and determination that was on display against West Brom? Chelsea? Etc?

Just really disappointing.  Must be nice for these dudes to make a good wage while the fans who work their tails off day in and day out just to see their beloved Rams are served up this drivel. Sigh.

Always a Ram, but just highly disappointed with the team tonight.

The saving grace is that we can't surely play any worse on Saturday. Hope we find a performance for you from somewhere. UTR.

1 minute ago, LB_DCFC said:

It's no coincidence that the top 6 is comprised of either teams that have allowed managers time to build something (Norwich, Sheff U, Bristol C), or have qualities that are clearly too good for this league (Leeds=Bielsa, West Brom & Villa's squads with both having expensive PL players). We are clearly in neither camp at the moment, so why not allow the time to see if we could jump in to those areas? Especially after what we've seen in the previous couple of years. I've seen enough green shoots to allow me to think that there is a successful project in here, and changing the manager will only contribute to the mess that has been created by changing managers.

Anyway, I don't think we'd be able to afford to sack another manager anyway, so the whole discussion is rather futile.

Spot on. I really hope that if Frank is given time that he can deliver a season to raise the spirits though. I  do understand the frustration fans feel as we have seemed stuck on auto-fail setting for some seasons now and it gets harder to take each time we flatter to deceive, even for an arch happy-clapper like myself. That said, I prefer to flatter and fail than never challenge at all and that'll always be my mentality.

1 minute ago, Bob The Badger said:

So you found a couple of loose connections that mean a lot when you're looking for them to support a position, but almost zero in the great scheme of things. 

Dozens of managers have started similarly over the years and some failed, some succeeded and some done ok. 

As human beings we love patterns but it doesn't necessarily mean they tell us much. Let's see if their careers continue to shadow each other or whether this was just a banal coincidence  

I'm not a fortune teller or looking to support a position just an opinion . I'm not in a boardroom fighting to get more funding. In fact if you consider the point I made, it was that the first year of there careers as managers from being given a position to how respective first seasons have gone are similar .   At this stage of last season City fan's wanted him gone .  He has turned it around somewhat this season at this juncture. 

Me thinks your looking to argue for argument's sake.  Not really interested in getting involved with tit for tat over something so trivial so will leave it now. 

Just now, 86 points said:

Spot on. I really hope that if Frank is given time that he can deliver a season to raise the spirits though. I  do understand the frustration fans feel as we have seemed stuck on auto-fail setting for some seasons now and it gets harder to take each time we flatter to deceive, even for an arch happy-clapper like myself. That said, I prefer to flatter and fail than never challenge at all and that'll always be my mentality.

None of us saw this evening's horror show coming......hardly anyone predicted a loss on the prediction thread. 

We were buoyed by the last 2 performances. 

Whatever Frank and Jody did or did not do deserves a bit of analysis.  But in the end, if the team players have a collective off night then there's not a lot the manager can do- it's too late!