Man City Fan Puts Presenter Right

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slightly arrogant by Kirsty there laughing & joking while that lady makes her point. I’m guessing she’s slightly embarrassed by being put in her place & her response is to laugh it off. 

As wonderful it would be to be like City getting finals all the time, it must cost a fortune. 

Boo freaking hoo - its too expensive to go to all the semi finals and finals that my club now has to go to, because they are owned by some of the wealthiest individuals on the face of the earth. 

If you are going to try and make English football as boring as most of the continent please dont expect any sympathy from the rest of the clubs. I also very much doubt that Citys ground is cheap for away fans.

Sith Happens

I totally agree with semi finals not being played at Wembley, and she was right about costs etc. The only thing is even if Wembley wasn't used due to the location of both clubs i would have thought one of the London clubs would have been used anyway.

4 hours ago, Squid said:

Slightly arrogant by Kirsty there laughing & joking while that lady makes her point. I’m guessing she’s slightly embarrassed by being put in her place & her response is to laugh it off. 

She's probably pissed again.

7 hours ago, GenBr said:

Boo freaking hoo - its too expensive to go to all the semi finals and finals that my club now has to go to, because they are owned by some of the wealthiest individuals on the face of the earth. 

If you are going to try and make English football as boring as most of the continent please dont expect any sympathy from the rest of the clubs. I also very much doubt that Citys ground is cheap for away fans.

£30 maximum, and replacing boring with winning football.... 100 odd goals this season suggests anything other than that. Glad to see envy is well and truly alive 

32 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

£30 maximum, and replacing boring with winning football.... 100 odd goals this season suggests anything other than that. Glad to see envy is well and truly alive 

Who wouldn't be envious of that? You say it like its a bad thing.

Every team in the country would want that, but i also dont want our leagues to go the same way as Ligue 1, Serie A or the Bundesliga. Its not the football Man City are playing that is boring.

Quite frankly to complain about the cost of all the finals you get to go to is ludicrous. Man City didnt make a massive profit last year - the fans cant have their cake and eat it too.

Why they both laughing like the caller's opinion is obviously not as educated as these two knob heads. 

They live in a world where Kevin Kilbane criticises world class defenders with a straight face. They're nothing. Kirsty Gallagher is about as much of an expert as Noel Gallagher. 

Disrespectful knobs 

Yeah, I heard that at the time. Agree with many of her points.

However ...

Still don't like Man City though ... the fans are all confused that people don't feel fond of them any more - don't seem to realise other fans have spotted that they have about three full strength top six prem teams worth of players to pick from.

They could enter Man City A, Man City B and Man City C next year and probably two would get top four.

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

The caller was exactly right about everything. I can’t stand City but her points were all correct and articulated perfectly. Kirsty is nice to look at but came across as a stupid fool on this clip. 

We were discussing this earlier today at the cricket. For your sake, I'm just glad it's not Liverpool threatening to win everything. Death by exploding brain would not be a pretty way to go...

scanners.gif.e02f7cea198f523d4f3fae2075e19747.gif

16 hours ago, Alpha said:

Why they both laughing like the caller's opinion is obviously not as educated as these two knob heads. 

They live in a world where Kevin Kilbane criticises world class defenders with a straight face. They're nothing. Kirsty Gallagher is about as much of an expert as Noel Gallagher

Disrespectful knobs 

Ha. Funnily enough, like Carl Froch with Forest, the inbred twins are City out of convenience.

21 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I totally agree with semi finals not being played at Wembley, and she was right about costs etc. The only thing is even if Wembley wasn't used due to the location of both clubs i would have thought one of the London clubs would have been used anyway.

Me too.  Not only does it detract from the semis, as the losing team have still had a day out, but the cost and inconvenience for a majority of fans must be annoying.  But while The FA still have to claw back whatever cash they can on their white elephant/ego project we should expect it to go on for the foreseeable future.  Another thing is, the neutral grounds they used to use, Villa Park & Hillsborough look a little poo nowadays, can't be seen to be damaging 'the brand' by holding them at a venue that isn't all shiny and bright.  What would the Arab nations think ?

8 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Me too.  Not only does it detract from the semis, as the losing team have still had a day out, but the cost and inconvenience for a majority of fans must be annoying.  But while The FA still have to claw back whatever cash they can on their white elephant/ego project we should expect it to go on for the foreseeable future.  Another thing is, the neutral grounds they used to use, Villa Park & Hillsborough look a little poo nowadays, can't be seen to be damaging 'the brand' by holding them at a venue that isn't all shiny and bright.  What would the Arab nations think ?

Villa Park and Hillsborough looked a little poo back in the days when they were used. But there are plenty of big grounds available now - Man City, OT, Liverpool, Everton when it's rebuilt, West Ham, Spurs, Newcastle, Sunderland just off the top of my head. There are loads more newish grounds like ours, Leicester etc but probably not big enough.

9 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

Villa Park and Hillsborough looked a little poo back in the days when they were used. But there are plenty of big grounds available now - Man City, OT, Liverpool, Everton when it's rebuilt, West Ham, Spurs, Newcastle, Sunderland just off the top of my head. There are loads more newish grounds like ours, Leicester etc but probably not big enough.

None of those grounds you named is well situated for neutral games though. The first four would probably be virtually a home game for one of the clubs involved. The next two are in London so defeating the object, and the last two would be terrible to get to for most teams. I do think that these games shouldn't be played at Wembley, but the alternatives aren't really suitable either.

On 07/04/2019 at 11:34, GenBr said:

So are you suggesting that they shouldn't be trying to win every game? That they should let other teams win the league and the cups? 

2 hours ago, richinspain said:

None of those grounds you named is well situated for neutral games though. The first four would probably be virtually a home game for one of the clubs involved. The next two are in London so defeating the object, and the last two would be terrible to get to for most teams. I do think that these games shouldn't be played at Wembley, but the alternatives aren't really suitable either.

Location has always been a problem, wherever the matches are held. I can remember arguments about Villa Park when the two teams were both from the North West. Travel on public transport after the match if the kick off is in the evening to suit Sky, is always a problem. 

If you start from the point of view that Wembley shouldn't be used because it detracts from the final also being held there (and is therefore less special) and is exorbitantly expensive,  then there are only so many stadia in the country that can hold a reasonable amount of fans - enough to get close to satisfying demand.  You could add the Principality Stadium, Arsenal, maybe Elland Road and Twickenham to my list above but there are none big enough in the Midlands except Villa Park.  Wiki says we have the second largest stadium in the Midlands with just over 33,000.

The only argument for Wembley (apart from making the FA money) is that it is large enough to take most/all of the fans who can go (can rather than 'want' in that ticket prices will mean that many won't be able to go)

Archived