Will Hughes

halifaxram

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

I wonder how much Will is worth these days?

Would Watford be daft enough to sell him ? 

I wonder what he thought when GR told him he wasn’t going to feature much that season and he wouldn’t stand in the way of him leaving.

1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

I wonder what he thought when GR told him he wasn’t going to feature much that season and he wouldn’t stand in the way of him leaving.

Think whatever manager we had in charge, it was his time to move on, another season in the champ wasn’t going to progress him. Can see him moving on again in next 18 months to a top 6 side 

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I'd pick him ahead of Lingard, Delph or Loftus-Cheek. 

In the article, other Watford players are also saying he should be in the squad. 

Missed out Henderson and Ward-Prowse

14 hours ago, AdamRam said:

Big enough offer and they would. They sold Richarlison and he was key. 

Looking back I'm surprised Mel allowed Will to go. Surely that should have been the Clement moment where he realised Rowett and his vision didn't match up. 

Hope that with the low fee we have a decent sell on fee, but I'm only expecting maybe a £2-3m top up.

One of my favourite players ever but I think he made the correct decision to move into the EPL when he did, for his own career if not for us.  Had we gone up then things might have been different. But we didn’t.

What worries me is not that he isn’t a regular part of a Watford team doing well but that he isn’t being talked about, bar this article and local press and forums.  There’s no pressure building to include him in the England squad let alone the England team. Others appear to have overtaken him in the pecking order. Just as when we sold him there’s no talk of him signing for a top 6 club and Southgate's first look is always at the players in those clubs.

Oscar Wilde had a point.

The good thing is that he is still only 23 (or 24 a week on Wednesday)

19 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

One of my favourite players ever but I think he made the correct decision to move into the EPL when he did, for his own career if not for us.  Had we gone up then things might have been different. But we didn’t.

The decision seems to have been made for him, by a manager who though he was too lightweight or too slow or both, and who needed the cash to invest in tom huddlestone, andre wisdom, and 34 year old Curtis Davies.

Imagine if we could do that swap now.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

The decision seems to have been made for him, by a manager who though he was too lightweight or too slow or both, and who needed the cash to invest in tom huddlestone, andre wisdom, and 34 year old Curtis Davies.

Imagine if we could do that swap now.

Fair point RamNut.  He may have been persuaded/told to go but I still think the timing of that was right for his career, if not for us (and me).  I think I'd take the swap if Watford were to offer it!

Archived