Greg Stewart - Joined Rangers

AshfieldRam

Derby County have been linked with a move for Birmingham City forward Greg Stewart.

The 29-year-old is set to be available on a free transfer this summer, with his contract at St Andrew's due to expire.

Stewart is currently on loan at Scottish Premiership side Aberdeen, where he has been playing alongside another reported Rams transfer target Graeme Shinnie and on-loan Derby defender Max Lowe.

According to Football Insider, Derby are battling it out with another Scottish side, Rangers, for Stewart's services.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/championship-forward-emerges-Derby-county-2724313

Quick search of him online however seems to suggest that Rangers are keen on him 

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the original source of the story: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/greg-stewart-holds-rangers-signing-14238059

It states "Rangers have stepped up their bid to land impending free agent Greg Stewart and look set to agree a deal after holding talks in the last 24 hours. The Light Blues escalated their interest in the Birmingham attacker after pulling out of a potential move for Motherwell winger Jake Hastie. They had wanted to land the Scotland U21 star but were no longer prepared to play a waiting game with Derby... also keen."

The bold bit being where the confusion over who we're interested in. In my opinion it's Hastie, but it's easy to see why someone could read it as us being interested in Stewart.

Isn’t he supposed to be, like, absolutely bank? Birmingham have never played him and they’ve not exactly been in the best position transfer wise, also hasn’t managed to score in the Mickey Mouse league either.... 

We need a nuge replacement but would hope we’re setting our sights higher than this, stats suggest he’s league one level at best imo, 29 as well...

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

This is the original source of the story: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/greg-stewart-holds-rangers-signing-14238059

It states "Rangers have stepped up their bid to land impending free agent Greg Stewart and look set to agree a deal after holding talks in the last 24 hours. The Light Blues escalated their interest in the Birmingham attacker after pulling out of a potential move for Motherwell winger Jake Hastie. They had wanted to land the Scotland U21 star but were no longer prepared to play a waiting game with Derby... also keen."

The bold bit being where the confusion over who we're interested in. In my opinion it's Hastie, but it's easy to see why someone could read it as us being interested in Stewart.

I have it on good authority that this is correct and we have no interest in Stewart. It's Hastie. Just really bad wording by the newspaper. 

Lampard was at a recent Aberdeen game, probably to watch Lowe, maybe to watch Shinnie - but that's probably what's lead to this reach. Can't see it myself.

On 05/04/2019 at 13:30, Turk Thrust said:

I have it on good authority that this is correct and we have no interest in Stewart. It's Hastie. Just really bad wording by the newspaper. 

Much more likely to be Hastie....... it would be in line with the recruitment policy outlined by Frank & Mel at the fans forum whereas a 29 year old journeyman is the polar opposite 

• 2 months later...

Archived