Raheem Sterling

AndyinLiverpool

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hands up, used to think the guy was an absolute cockerel but he has really proved me wrong on two counts. Not just this but he has become a much more valuable footballer and such a good footballing brain on him (of course, maybe it was always there but I was just blinded to it). Anyway, as I know he reads this forum avidly - my apologies Raheem.

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Well done lad. You are a credit to yourself and your family.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47811334

Fear not, some people will still find something negative to say about this.

Fast becoming my favourite player. For his stances on media hypocrisy, racism and abuse and now for showing such decency and humility (by making a large undisclosed donation to the Grenfell appeal but not seeking publicity from it).

Good to see that it is being reported on as well - for all the delight folk take in young blokes behaving badly, it is a great thing to see how some behave with such wider social responsibility.

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

Hands up, used to think the guy was an absolute cockerel

was this based on anything other than the narrative in the media?

I find since giving up reading tabloid media (newspapers mainly), I don't have harsh opinions on many people, whereas I probably was overly-influenced by media.

Ashley Cole is a great example, I hated him for no reason other than the media-fed agenda of him being greedy.

In reality, we all would be pissed if we were promised something then palmed off with something less.

59 minutes ago, Moist One said:

was this based on anything other than the narrative in the media?

I find since giving up reading tabloid media (newspapers mainly), I don't have harsh opinions on many people, whereas I probably was overly-influenced by media.

Ashley Cole is a great example, I hated him for no reason other than the media-fed agenda of him being greedy.

In reality, we all would be pissed if we were promised something then palmed off with something less.

Thought he handled his move to Man City badly, he was badly advised and acted a bit spoiled. But I think I might have done that when I was his age.

I thought his play, mainly for England, wasn't cutting enough and he came across as a bit of a luxury. Thought his stock price was a little over valued as when he was at Liverpool he thrived from playing next to Suarez. Thought in the 2018 World Cup he was rather poor, failed to leave impact on a game.

Not sure I reverse any of what I wrote above - I don't read newspapers at all so I can't comment one way or the other as to how he may, or may not have, have been targetted by the press.

44 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Thought he handled his move to Man City badly, he was badly advised and acted a bit spoiled. But I think I might have done that when I was his age.

I thought his play, mainly for England, wasn't cutting enough and he came across as a bit of a luxury. Thought his stock price was a little over valued as when he was at Liverpool he thrived from playing next to Suarez. Thought in the 2018 World Cup he was rather poor, failed to leave impact on a game.

Not sure I reverse any of what I wrote above - I don't read newspapers at all so I can't comment one way or the other as to how he may, or may not have, have been targetted by the press.

if you don't read the newspapers, how do you know how he handled is move to Man City? just wondering where you got your information.

Archived