Bonucci criticises his own teammate for being racially abused!

Ambitious

In one of the most bizarre stories you're likely to read between now and the end of the season, Leonardo Bonucci has criticised his own teammate Moise Kean for celebrating in front of the Cagliari supporters following his late goal in the match tonight. The celebration was in reaction to the 80+ minutes of monkey noises that him and Matuidi received from the home support. 

He, Bonucci, the Juventus Captain, I just wanted to make that point clear, claims that the racist abuse to his 19-year-old teammate should be shared equally for the player to have the audacity to stand in front of their supporters following his goal. He also mentioned that players for their team should always be professional after scoring a goal, regardless of abuse... therefore, I'm just going to leave THIS here:

Absolute and utter helmet!! 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if you accepted that he provoked abuse through his goal celebration (which I don’t), how is he to blame for the 70 mins of abuse before that?

and what’s with all the monkey noises. That’s so 80s, surely racist chants have moved on a bit in 30 years. I’m not sure if I’m more annoyed at the fact they’re racist, or the fact they’re so unoriginal. 

It's strange how so many excuses will be made for the stupidity of football fans. It was the same here a few weeks ago when some people tried to blame Jack Grealish for inciting Birmingham fans by having the temerity to celebrate scoring after being physically assaulted.

I love Kean's celebration too. No histrionics, just a fairly muted stare down. Any idiot who claims a player merely staring at them is provocation needs their head checking.

Was it Dani Alves that ate a banana that thrown at him? I love it when players etc give some back. Partly for the sensitive reaction from real tough grown men. And partly because I like the back and forth. 

5 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Italian football is rife with this. 

Didn't Balotelli have bananas thrown at him by his own fans? 

Seems to have been subjected to a succession of racist banners, displayed by his own fans, when playing for Italy. 

Leaving him in the strange situation of not being able to get his own back on the idiots by scoring, like Kean had the immense pleasure of doing yesterday.

2 hours ago, Highgate said:

Seems to have been subjected to a succession of racist banners, displayed by his own fans, when playing for Italy. 

Leaving him in the strange situation of not being able to get his own back on the idiots by scoring, like Kean had the immense pleasure of doing yesterday.

He could score an own goal just to piss them off. 

I can never understand why none white players want to play for clubs in countries like Italy, Russia, etc. where racism in football is so prevalent.  If it was me I'd want to play somewhere less racist even if it meant earning a few grand less a week

6 hours ago, 1of4 said:

I can never understand why none white players want to play for clubs in countries like Italy, Russia, etc. where racism in football is so prevalent.  If it was me I'd want to play somewhere less racist even if it meant earning a few grand less a week

Moise Kean is Italian, shouldn’t have to leave his country to play football.

Sith Happens
19 hours ago, 1of4 said:

19 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Wouldn't that approach let the racists win?

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Wouldn't that approach let the racists win?

I think if clubs started losing or were unable to attract the best players they would soon crackdown on the problem of racism.  If it happened at Derby where a section of the crowd were racially abusing one of our own players, meaning players would want to leave or not want to sign for us. Other fans would not stand idly by and would  put pressure on the club to take action. 

While clubs in our country may not have fully eradicated racism. It seems far more prevalent in Italian football and their clubs seem to be only giving lip service to the problem. So if takes players not wanting to play there, before the clubs take some action, so be it

If the football governing bodies took the problem more seriously and banned clubs and international teams of the relevant countries from all competitions. Then I think players will have to start taking matters into their own hands.

Not sure walking off the pitch is the solution but it needs some serious action. Not financial fines as I don't think they help anyone but the authorities but I am thinking anything else.

skin or hair colour, religion, sexuality discrimination in any way just has to be completely stamped out by some very strong consequences.

In my opinion I think this country has came a long way especially with racism in the black community (I am not saying its perfect by the way) but this culture needs to keep spreading.  With this topic in particular I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Bonucci and Allegri sacked.

29 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Not sure walking off the pitch is the solution but it needs some serious action. Not financial fines as I don't think they help anyone but the authorities but I am thinking anything else.

skin or hair colour, religion, sexuality discrimination in any way just has to be completely stamped out by some very strong consequences.

In my opinion I think this country has came a long way especially with racism in the black community (I am not saying its perfect by the way) but this culture needs to keep spreading.  With this topic in particular I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Bonucci and Allegri sacked.

Don’t take ginger bashing away from us too. Next you’ll be saying it’s not okay for me to make fun of slap heads or four eyes either. 

I find it funny that it’s ok to give the ref, other teams manager etc (thinking about Steve Bruce for some reason) loads of abuse about being bald, old, ugly, fat, a midget etc and it isn’t mentioned. Double standards and hypocrisy everywhere

14 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Don’t take ginger bashing away from us too. Next you’ll be saying it’s not okay for me to make fun of slap heads or four eyes either. 

I think you're joking however would you make the same joke on a person's skin colour?    What's the difference.. why is it more ok to abuse someone because of their hair?

Archived